Still waiting for early action decision

I applied for early action and sent everything in a week or two before the deadline…
my application status still says “complete ready for review”
Is this bad and does this mean that I have probably been deferred?

I am in the same situation as you! Don’t worry, a few of my friends have really high stats and they haven’t heard back yet. Let’s wait for another week or so. :slight_smile:

I can’t say whether this is true for this school or not. But it is worth considering. Schools that worry about their yield sometimes either defer/waitlist/fail to act on students who they worry are using the school as a safety. They may also select those with the strongest credentials that they think will accept the offer first. For those schools, the key is to show interest. Make it clear that you are serious about that school.

I don’t think so. They’re sending decisions out in batches until Jan 15th.

should i send them an email saying i am interested in their school?

not sure if they were closed but many people were probably off between christmas and now so don’t panic

has anyone still waiting had a change in app status?

@nymom64‌ My status is still “complete and ready for review.” I don’t think the second batch has been released yet.

Same here. No change in status. Applied mid Oct. strong stats.

Same here. Mine says “complete and ready for review”. I’m getting kind of nervous that they are just waiting to send out all of the rejection letters on the 15th. Two of my friends got accepted 3 weeks ago! :frowning:

Check your accounts! Son just looked and it says decision made. Checked further and found he was able to pay deposit for September 2015 !He is so HAPPY! Google this to get the link to pay deposit - Binghamton University/QuikPAY® Login

Congrats! Daughter’s stills says waiting for review. At least we know they are being processed this week.

Mine still says waiting for review as well. I’m in-state and I don’t know anyone who has received anything where I live.

My D applied in October and is waiting as well. Around 200 students from her High School applied and only around 15 heard back. Since Binghamton is such a good school and affordable for NY residents, the amount of applications that are sent in must be enormous. I guess most of us will have to wait to the 15th for an answer. Only 8 days away. Good luck to all.

My application still says complete and ready for review. I am the only person from my school in Long Island that hasn’t heard back. I’m still waiting, and if I don’t hear back before the 15th, my college counsellor is calling. I would recommend asking your counsellor to call starting the 16th if you still haven’t heard back.

@2cassandra2‌ if you don’t hear back until after the 15th, I think it’s safe to assume that you were deferred.

I would hope that everyone who applied EA and met the deadline for submission would hear prior to January 15th as to whether they were accepted, deferred, wait listed, or rejected.

@nymom64‌ My brother applied to Bing last year and was deferred as an Early Action applicant. He wasn’t informed until a day or so after the deadline via email, so he told me that if I still haven’t heard back by the 15th, it most likely means that Ive been deferred. However, we do still have 8 days until we need to start stressing, and based on the posts I’ve read from people who haven’t heard back yet, there are definitely more acceptances on the way.

@nj1818 did he get accepted after getting deferred?

@anonye Yes. He’s currently a student at Binghamton and loves it!