Still waiting for early action decision

Ugh I just want to know, why can’t they just put the decision in the status checker.

way i see it…if u have decision made and cant pay deposit…u were deferred or rejected…not to be cynical but have to be realistic too…people who had decision made were able to pay deposit that i know of

Agreed, @themanster. Just wished they would have released the decisions earlier. Seems they waited to deliver the bad news right at the deadline while those notified in December were all acceptances.

Did anybody who status changed yesterday/today get their email yet, especially those for SOM?

Nothing. Don’t know why this process is taking so long.

@wmlsoc97 got decision made yesterday SOM no email no snail mail so far today and cant make deposit

I am choosing to remain positive bc I can’t believe that all of the people with the stats that they posted applying to SOM got deferred or rejected. i dont know anyone from our LI district applying to the SOM that has been accepted yet. All have decision made, no ability to pay deposit. My son received Chancellors award from OOS school. If he gets rejected I view it as meant to be.

@cpbmom I am not giving up hope for admittance to SOM via Early Action until the actual email or letter arrives. But I recognize that SOM is the toughest school within Binghamton to get accepted to. It is a small business school with not enough space and physical facility to accept a lot of applicants. Our kids have great stats but they are competing for a space in Early Action with lots of Ivy league caliber kids who are applying to top-40 rated schools who use Binghamton as safety and have no serious intention of going. But I think by late March when these kids decline Bing there will be more spots that opens up. According to my daughter’s school Naviance she fits within the clear acceptance range for Bing applicants. However our Naviance acceptance grid does not indicate which schools within Bing. I have to believe she ultimately will be accepted to SOM or to Harpur— I have heard of cases where Bing informed strong (but not strong enough) SOM applicants in late March that they could be accepted into Harpur but not SOM. There are always more spaces in liberal arts Harpur for strong applicants.

binghamton has at least 1000 accounting students. not small.

Just to point out, again, “deferred” means that the school has not made any decision yet, but will instead re-examine the application along with the regular admissions candidates. Perhaps the word that people are looking for is “wait listed.” That’s a list of students who may be offered admissions if there are additional spaces available after all accepted candidates either accept or decline.

Just a thought… the ACT range at Binghamton is 27-31 for the 25th and 75th percentiles so I’m just wondering where everyone stands according to that because it seems as if the only people who have been accepted are above the range…

1300 sat 102.4 w gpa

Tomorrow is the last day to notify so we shall wait and see…

They are really pissing me off. Just put the decision on the status checker. How they are handling all the early action applications is really turning me off from this school.

The administration of a public school clearly is not as proficient as a private school

Anyone check to see if they were able to pay today??

@choleas‌ According to Binghamton’s SOM website the entering class profile for 2013 was only 201 freshman. Thst seems like a small size. The number of applications received for SOM in 2013 was 4725. Binghamton’s yield is typically 20 percent (1 out of every 5 applicants choose to enroll). So assuming that about 1000 applicants are accepted, thats an acceptance rate of close to 20 percent for the SOM. Whereas Binghamton’s overall acceptance rate is approx 42 percent. Just goes to show how difficult SOM is to get admitted to, particulay in Early Action.

2050/1370 SAT 3.8W GPA

exactly the same as you!^

I really don’t understand why they felt the need to release some decisions in December and then the rest now. This is so annoying