Student bill Fall 2012 - When will it be available?

<p>Hi, I’m an entering Freshman at UA, and I was wondering when our student bill for Fall 2012 will be available? </p>

<p>Also, I have the UA Nat’l Merit scholarship and I curious if my housing deposit will still be applied to my student account despite my full housing scholarship?</p>

<p>Thanks,
David</p>

<p>Welcome David! I think the bill will be payable in July. Not sure.</p>

<p>Your housing deposit will apply towards the other costs such as: Dining Dollars, fees, and the meal plan. So unless you have all those other costs covered by other scholarships, you won’t see the Housing prepayment refunded. </p>

<p>Congratulations on your scholarship. It’s a great one!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>[Registration</a> & Monthly Billing Schedule Fall 2010](<a href=“http://financialaffairs.ua.edu/finance/stud-rec/billing_schedule_Fall_2012.html]Registration”>http://financialaffairs.ua.edu/finance/stud-rec/billing_schedule_Fall_2012.html)
July 23rd is when the fall bill should show up (if not a bit sooner).</p>

<p>Hi David and congrats on the NMF scholarship.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Right now, the summer school billing is what’s online. The Fall billing will show up soon, and yes, your housing deposit credit will be there. As mentioned above, it will go towards other costs…like Dining Dollars or meal plan.</p>

<p>There may be a slight delay for the $1k “official” NMF award to show up (actuallly $500 each semester), because it routes to NM Corp, and then reroutes back to UA and into your acct.</p>

<p>How does the university handle the billing of dropped or changed classes? A student that has the presidential scholarship has full tuition, but does not include fees. So if a student decides to drop a class on the first week or if the AP scores come in in July and a student has to change his/her schedule how does that work? I would assume that the bill will be due before class start… Thanks!</p>

<p>If you drop before W date are you refunded the fee?</p>

<p>Any changes in fees will be reflected on a student’s account shortly after the student adds/drops a class and is due ASAP (credit cards are accepted). </p>

<p>I am not sure about fee refunds if one drops a course, but would think that students will be refunded fees for courses dropped before the W date.</p>

<p>We have a couple of outside scholarships that are bring paid directly to UA. Do they show up anywhere before the actual bill is available?</p>

<p>Yes, they will show up later than the Presidential, but before the student bill is due. Keep checking on it throughout the summer. They were the last things to post last year.</p>