Summer/Fall 2021 Transfer Admission

Maximum transfer hours is 64 for EE.

But great job on the 4.0. Since you applied with less than 64 completed, it may not matter. Just know that all of your hours may not transfer. Do you have your degree audit yet from Tamu?

And I think supplemental questions is 200-300 words. But I don’t know for sure. And if there’s a question, then yes it’s important.

And yes you need to get the application is ASAP. They don’t hold decisions, they make them as they come in.

Thanks for your reply. I will try my best to submit my application in the next 2 weeks.
Not sure what degree audit is, but
As I did not submit my application on ApplyTexas, I think I don’t have it yet.

Yeah sorry. You’re right. I was typing without thinking. So a week or so after you apply, you’ll get a transfer degree audit on howdy. It’ll show you what transfers and the gpa they calculated.

@AggieMomhelp I just submitted my Essay today, so my AIS still shows “My App is Incomplete” since they haven’t processed it and I noticed that in my Howdy, I don’t have a change major button. Is that still supposed to show or am I going crazy and it just was never there? Haha

I honestly don’t know. If I had to guess though it would be because it’s not in review yet. You could call admissions and ask. It definitely wouldn’t hurt.

And by submitting essay, you mean you submitted the whole app with essay. Like it wasn’t separate, right?

@AggieMomhelp It was separate. My app itself was submitted January 10th and I just uploaded Essay into AIS today.

Weird. Maybe it’s changed, but typically the essay is part of the application. Did you do apply Texas or something else?

Yeah it was there for sure yesterday. I did use ApplyTexas and saw that I could submit the essay At a later time on AIS, so I did that. I just remember losing that button and then receiving PSA last year so I had a lil heart attack lol.

@AggieMomhelp My son applied to COLA Econ BA as first choice and Comm BA as second. Today he is in review for his second choice major. I believe he was denied for first major because he is currently taking Micro Econ and his Math Requirements this semester. My question is when he applied he was registered for Calc I for the spring but ended up changing to Bus Math and Bus Calc for this semester. Does he need to let Comm know because Bus Math and Bus Calc is a recommended class for that major, not Calc I.

Sadly, yes it means he was denied for first choice major. Ugh.

Luckily for Communications, it’s recommended but not required to have Math 1324. Is that the one he took in the Fall? And what is the course number he is taking now for “math” now?

He is taking Math 1324 Bus Math currently the first eight weeks Of the spring and has an “A” so far. He will be taking Math 1325 the second eight weeks of this semester.
In the Fall he took precal.

So on his application he put what he was taking this semester or is that still a thing for transfers?

What is his transfer audit GPA and transer credits?

@AggieMomhelp on ApplyTexas it asked for classes in progress I believe. Transfer Audit was 3.3 with 57 hours.

That’s what I was thinking. So there’s no need to let them know since he already noted it on the application. His GPA is good and will be dependent on how the competition is. CoLA usually sees GPAs around 3.3 on average across all majors.

It is possible he could get deferred for spring grades and that isn’t a bad thing, but him beefing up those As will be great, just in case. Most students who get deferred and complete their semester as planned, get accepted.

The only other caveat in this is his essay. Did he mention his backup major? Like how it will help him achieve his goals, etc? They want to know they aren’t second fiddle.

@AggieMomhelp. He actually did not put the two math classes down on the application that he is taking currently. At the time he filled out the application, he put Calc I, but decided later Math 1425 and 1325 would be better for him. So they do not know about this change.
Unfortunately he focused more on Econ on the essay.
He does work full time, was a Life Scout, multiple service hours and projects, Principals Award, leadership council for varsity football, and all district athlete.

Correction: Math 1324 and 1325

Okay, he decided closer to school starting then to change his courses. I was assuming he just applied but must have done it right when it opened in January.

Not sure if he should reach out to them or not about the change in math. Since it’s not required but recommended and he hasn’t completed it, it could be a moot point at this time. If they defer him for grades, then they will get to see that he took it and he got an A (fingers crossed). Please let me know how this ends up. I still think he has a good shot at getting in now vs. waiting for grades.

@AggieMomhelp yes he applied Jan 1. That is what I’m hoping too! I will keep you posted. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

I got 6 tabs this morning for Mays!!!

1 Like

@jcmd02 wow, that’s great! As incoming freshman or transfer? What were your stats?
Congrats‼️