SUNY at Binghamton Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Same here. I’m mad at myself for getting tricked into thinking that my daughter had actually gotten some aid, when really it was just federal loans. I fell for it for about five minutes before I figured it out, and I was mad at myself that it took me so long. I should know better.

I’ve already been through it with my son, so I already knew it’d be just a loan.

1 Like

D23 also received her package as well. All loans, not even work study. As a SUNY graduate myself, I was not surprised.

However still the cheapest option compared to the private schools she was accepted EA despite receiving merit scholarships.

6 Likes

anyone get the honors program and fri program?

Based on other posts I think FRI and Scholars program went out. My D23 didn’t get either (which I thought was odd for FRI since my S20 got FRI with way lower stats, but he did more reasearch I guess). Anyways. Not sure about Honors College.

1 Like

my daughter did- OOS NJ.

What’s her intended major?

I was accepted to FRI and the Honors Program. I got an email on February 22nd in the late evening.

1 Like

Chemistry (pre-med track)

Thanks for the answer. And congrats! :tada:

1 Like

In-state, got $1000 per year merit scholarship. If rd decisions don’t pull through, I most likely will go to Buffalo instead (wish it was closer, but if I get the Presidential scholarship + the 8k I already have, it will be so worth it). I wish Binghamton was less stingy with in-state merit scholarships.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard of anyone receiving an update to their deferred status? I know they said by April 1st, but assume things will roll as decisions are made. I have heard nothing and know at least a dozen people that were deferred.

My son still waiting too. He got into SUNY Albany Honors College with $6K merit but wanted to wait on Bing for final decision. As a NYS resident n paying decent taxes all my life annoyed at offering OOS merit n matching instate tuition to some States to get new residents. Quite frankly I’m ready to leave the State as it doesn’t seem to be showing loyalty to current residents. Forgive me for ranting but I’m not alone.

4 Likes

I am 100% WITH YOU.

3 Likes

I believe I’ve seen deferred applicants online get a decision, however I could be mistaken.

Same! My daughter is still waiting, as is everyone else I know…

1 Like

In this thread or a new thread? Ill look… just curious.

I thought I saw it on here. But like I said before, I read it just while scrolling a while ago so I could be wrong. Hopefully they come out soon for you all.

I feel like I’ve heard anecdotally of a few people getting in after being deferred via this site or a FB group, but am not 100% sure. My daughter is still waiting as well - she also got into Albany Honors with merit. Bing isn’t a great fit for her since they don’t have a major in communication, but it’s her last school so will be relieved when it’s out however it works out.

1 Like

Same here….still waiting for Bing! Moved from EA to RD on 1/12

3 Likes