SUNY at Binghamton Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Fair enough. I will drop off this thread but point out your own March 3 thread mentioned UC Berkeley and Harvard in pretty much the same context of comparisons which is what I and another member were trying to get across. LOL. Bye all.

2 Likes

Can we return the focus to Binghamton please. Users who want feedback on Binghamton vs XYZ are welcome to start a new thread.

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts too !!! Besides FL, I think we have the best in-state deal.

3 Likes

Did anyone’s student receive a message from the Student Ambassadors? Apparently they are a volunteer student group which connects with admitted students with current ones to answer questions and boost the school. They have been a really great resource! :green_heart:

1 Like

Just wondering if anyone heard back from Binghamton recently. Heard on another thread that they started sending out decisions again someone got accepted Tuesday night? Anyone else? If yes, include major and stats please!!:pray:t2::green_heart::four_leaf_clover::bear:

Nothing here yet!! That other thread is the only in state RD I have heard of so far!

My son was accepted RD to School of Management today

4 Likes

Do you mind sharing his stats? My son is still waiting to hear from school of management.
Was hoping to hear soon.

1 Like

Also, are you in state? CONGRATS!!

1 Like

Yes, In State (Long Island)
I posted more specific stats in RD thread but abbreviated version is:

99.8 Weighted GPA
34 ACT

1 Like

Awesome!! Congrats! I’m wondering if decisions are coming out by geography or major or stats or just totally random? I probably know a dozen kids waiting on Bing lol

Did he apply RD or EA and was pushed to RD?

He applied Regular Decision but got his application in pretty early (beginning of December)

Have there been any applicants that applied and were rejected yet? Ive heard only of students getting accepted or deferred.

Waiting to hear decision after EA deferral. Wondering if they save all the rejections for last?

I’m not sure this is entirely true based on CDS data. For Fall 2021, Stony Brook had 38826 applicants, while Binghamton had only slightly more at 39533.

Based on CDS data, which anyone can google, Binghamton has about 2,000 fewer undergrads than SBU. Bing had more applicants for a smaller class size. The acceptance rate at Bing is lower. Binghamton admitted far fewer students from its waitlist than SBU. Binghamton’s freshman retention rate is 92%, notably higher than SBU’s, which has declined over the last couple of years.

Make of that what you will.

So as not to detract further from the purpose of this thread, I will start a new one so that this conversation, should anyone wish to participate, can continue. Comparing Binghamton to other SUNY’s

2 Likes

We were on a virtual session with Bing the other night and the admissions counselor said they received 50,000 applications this year!!!

1 Like

Does anyone know if there is a certain day of the week decisions seem to be released? It has been torture waiting for this decision!

Has anyone heard of any rejections yet or do they seem to saving them all for the end?

Not an expert but historically its been Tues, Wed and Thursday

1 Like

Someone we know found out Friday night- Denial :frowning: