SUNY at Binghamton Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

We heard RD on last Friday-accepted

3 Likes

Stats?

33 act, instate, good ECā€™s and internship, 95+ gpa, 9 APā€™s, 2DEā€™s, Several honor societies, 2x Captain of 1 of 2 sports, Pres+Vp club, NRS

3 Likes

what were the stats of the denial?

Someone just posted on the RD forum that a decision drop just happenedā€¦?

Nothing here :frowning:

1 Like

Son got into Harpur tonight. Waiting since October 12. EA to RD in-state. He also got into UAlbany Honors college with generous merit. Wants Political Science. Stats earlier in thread. Going to revisit both campuses in early April for final decision. Good luck to all.

3 Likes

Grades etc?
Thx

Copy/pasting from other thread:

Just got the email tonight and sheā€™s in at Binghamton! (Harpur, English major) Reposting stats so people next year donā€™t have to dig lol. She applied EA on October 28, and was deferred from EA to RD on January 10. 97 unweighted average, 5 AP, 2 SUPA (through Syracuse University), 2 through SUNY Oswego. Did not submit test scores. Good ECs, including many leadership roles, but not published/research/anything super crazy. We are in State, no mention of merit and we arenā€™t expecting it. Other acceptances for reference are SUNYs Stony Brook, Geneseo, Cortland and Oswego, all with merit, and honors at all but SB(havenā€™t heard yet). Also in at Syracuse University with Coronat scholarship (full tuition, all expense paid study abroad, and honors). Still waiting on NYU, which was super ultra reach. Again, all this for reference because I know how helpful past posts were to us!! Good luck to all!!!

7 Likes

98.4 weighted GPA in-state. No SAT or ACT. 4 SUPAs, 7 APs, Clarinet (band n pep band), lifeguard at school n job, Coalition club, Mock Trial (lead lawyer), helps 2 disabled parents, tutors.

If it helps my son also wrote advisor an email on update to his life events since application time. Our 19 year old nephew moved in with us from an abusive parent. My son got very involved with him in getting a job, applying with FAFSA n TAP n basically poured his heart on his sleeve to why he wants to go into Political Science. He also started a program at High School to talk about abuse and be kind initiatives. Raw honesty. It was sent a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

My daughter also wrote a letter of continued interest after she was deferred from EA to RD. It was nothing nearly as striking as your childā€™s, but maybe it helped a little? Who knows.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to withdraw their application? There is no button in the portal. Do we have to email the admissions officer?

2 Likes

Probably have to contact. Or just ignore/forget it if you donā€™t plan on attending.

Has there been any notifications at all this week? If so, what were they? Seems like Binghamton is silent and so many of us are still waiting.

There was a post a couple days ago on the RD forum that a big wave of ā€œwaitlistsā€ went out this past week. We have heard nothing yet. Also that emails alerts were not received, they just randomly checked the portal and there was an update. Check the Binghamton RD forum if you would like to see the original message. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just replied in the other thread. My D23 did not get an email to check her portal for EA. She was just checking at 7pm every evening towards the end. The next day she got a congrats youā€™re in email though.

4 Likes

Congratulations to your daughter!!! :slight_smile:

Son received rejection letter today; initially deferred.
1420 SAT
3.5 GPA
Applied to SOM.
In state

Must be a very competitive year.

Same for PITAS for watson. Shotdown.