Switching Dorms

<p>Does anyone have any experience in switching dorms, was it successful, were you happy with the decision, etc?</p>

<p>I'm in witte and it's a bit too crazy for me... I'd like something in between the calmness of lakeshore and the craziness of witte, I think chadborne would be the best choice. I don't know if I should go ahead and switch dorms though so I am looking for advice here.</p>

<p>Thanks to anyone that can help.</p>

<p>Your best bet is to talk to Res Halls directly- call or visit them in Slichter-basement. Also talk with your housefellow and other dorm staff about your issues. I had a roommate my freshman year who told me the first day she wanted another dorm, she left not too long after, fortunately. Replacement roommate fine with my dorm. Be aware that not only are you switching dorms but you are getting another roommate.</p>

<p>“Replacement roommate fine with my dorm. Be aware that not only are you switching dorms but you are getting another roommate.” </p>

<p>Sorry I didn’t quite understand that. Getting another roommate is actually quite good too. Mine is quite messy while I’m pretty organized and every time I ask him to clean up so the mess isn’t entering the shared areas of the room, he says he’ll do it later. Alright enough complaining, you guys don’t care. But yes I’ll be sure to check out what they have to say at slichter.</p>

<p>I sense you are frustrated. No one said they didn’t care. You’ll find the Res Hall people in the basement of Slichter very helpful.</p>

<p>[Division</a> of University Housing - Student/Community Expectations](<a href=“http://www.housing.wisc.edu/expectations/viewsection.php?id=assignment_policies]Division”>http://www.housing.wisc.edu/expectations/viewsection.php?id=assignment_policies)</p>

<p>Room Change Requests</p>

<p>Beginning on the first day of classes, September 2, 2008, residents may request a room change. The first step is to stop by the Assignment Office in Slichter Hall and fill out a “Room Change Request” card for either a double or a single room.</p>

<p>Typically, room changes are not offered during the first week of the semester. After the first week, room changes are offered as spaces become available.</p>

<p>During times when students are assigned to Expanded Housing, our first priority is to provide those students with a permanent room assignment.</p>

<p>Residents wishing to swap rooms with another resident in the same hall should talk to their House Fellow with their intention to swap. The House Fellow will notify the Residence Life Coordinator who then notifies the Assignment Office if the swap has been approved.</p>

<p>House Fellows will notify residents once a swap has been approved. Students should never swap keys or e-keys (which could result in disciplinary action); instead, they should go together to their residence hall desk to return the keys and e-keys and sign the Room Swap Notification form. Students should then follow the appropriate check-out procedures listed in this handbook.</p>

<p>Transfers to another hall or transfers from a double room to a single room are arranged through the Assignment Office from a list that is prioritized by the date of the request. These transfers are limited by the number of vacancies, if any, in the hall you wish to transfer to; however, many requests are usually honored prior to the beginning of spring semester.</p>

<p>Please keep in mind that conflicts often arise between roommates, but not all of them warrant a room change. Please make a concerted effort to resolve any differences you may have before attempting a room change</p>

<p>Thank you Mad85 for taking the time to post so much for this student. My replacement roommate liked the dorm, unlike the original one- clarification.</p>

<p>Yeah, thanks, I appreciate the help.</p>