Switching majors at Virginia Tech

So i’m going into Va tech as undecided and I was just wondering if I would have a difficult time switching into a major. The amount of students at the school scares me a bit but I wont be going into their engineering program which hopefully is where most kids are trying to get into. Also anything I should know about the school in general?

It’s a really fun place. The weather can be crazy. We thought it would be warmer in Va than is NJ near the shore, but because of the elevation and the fact that it isn’t near water to moderate temperature swings, you can go through all four seasons in one day, as they say.
There are a lot of opportunities to do things outdoors. There is a farmers market on Saturdays in town, and it is fun to walk around. On any warm day, people will be walking dogs all over campus and town. You will definitely want to bring an umbrella or at least a raincoat, but also bring a hammock. Lots of places to hang one up around the drillfield or near the duck pond.
The campus food is really, really good.
There is a pizza place near campus that sells a slice of pizza bigger than your head.
The Bus takes you most places you need to go, including Target and Walmart in Christiansburg.
They make their own chocolate milk from VT cows.
There is a chocolate milk appreciation club that meets on Monday’s.
The school runs an organic farm that supplies produce to the dining halls.
The vet students raise beagles, and walk them around campus.
Engineering isn’t unmanageable, as long as you do your work first, before you fill in your social calendar.
Hokies love their school.

So that was “things I should know about the school in general”. As for switching majors - since they offer undecided, you would be choosing, not switching, majors. Since you aren’t interested in engineering, you should be fine.

@bryceharper Are you fairly certain on which college at VT you want to declare into? If so, you should consider contacting advising so that they can update their records and have that info on hand when setting up your schedule during orientation. Much of the first semester coursework is preloaded into your schedule. If they load for university studies, but you want to declare into business for instance, you could end up scheduled for courses that don’t apply or miss being scheduled for courses that you need to take.