TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to process the transcript? I mailed mines on the 12th and it still says my app is incomplete. Should I call or is this normal?

My D’s transcript and school profile were accepted within 24 hours.

@blud15 while some review applicants can receive an admissions decision by December, most receive their decision after school is back in session between mid Jan-Feb. That has been the trend the past few years.

This year may or may not see a change in that trend, with application deadlines now January 2 and Supporting documents Jan 10, due to Hurricane Harvey.

Posting for my D.

Application Date: 10/15/17
GPA and Class Rank: 4.0 UW/4.23 W. School doesn’t rank, but top 5%
AP’s: APEC (3), Bio (4), Calc AB (5), APEL(4). Sr Year: Calc BC, AP Gov, AP Psych
SAT: 1460 (730/730/21)
College applied for: Engineering
Major in that College: Biomedical Engineering
ECs: JV Tennis (Captain), NHS 2 years (V.P.), CSF, 100+ hour internship at local hospital, foreign exchange student, multiple fine arts awards, various clubs
Did you do all 3 essays: Yes
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? Well rounded. NMSF (hope to be NMF)
In state/Out of State: Out of State (CA)
Current Status on AIS: Accepted! In review for Engineering

My daughter is very excited. She was accepted to a couple of her safeties, but she really likes A&M. Thanks to @YourCollegeMom for encouraging her to apply EA!

My son’s portal just changed yesterday to admitted he’s application was complete Oct 14. Now waiting for Engineering Review it says by Mid Dec.

@kcheves that is so exciting! Glad that part of the wait is over! Whoop! Welcome to the Aggie Family!

Son received academic admin 10/19, but review for Engineering is pending. Engineering is 1st choice. Mays is 2nd choice. SAT is 1370 with 690 in math. Weighted GPA 99.05; top 12% of class with AP Scholar with Distinction award. Will have AP Calculus and (2) AP physics courses. Is an Eagle Scout and has strong extra-curricular/community service involvement. What are his chances of being admitted into Engineering? Would changing is 2nd choice to Engineering help? I’m under the impression that Mays will most likely fill up before we hear about Engineering.

My son received notice on Howdy today (around 3 pm - I was checking almost every hour) that he has been admitted to A&M and to Mays. Lots of whoops here. He was an academic admit but it was a rush to get everything after he got the SAT score back in late September. Thank you to everyone for your help.

@texasmustang Whoop! Yay for Mays! Super excited for y’all! Hopefully my son will join him in Mays next year!

Oh wow! That would be great!

I submit my application on applytexas 10/15, but I didn’t realize that it takes at least one day to arrive to college’s websit, so technically I am not in the early action pool anymore. I am both academic and auto admit, may I ask approximately when I will receive my decision? Thank you

@Ethansports no worries! I’m assuming you are engineering. You will still be considered for engineering if they consider you after Oct. 15th. If you did all of the essays and have academic rigor for engineering, you have an excellent chance. Keep the faith! Sounds like you’ve done the work and have the stuff to back it up. It will be all good. Keep us posted!

When did you apply: 09/18/17
When did you get your UIN: around a week after
When did you receive your admission decision: awaiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: review
Major/College of Choice: college of science -biology- + school of business (marketing) (2nd choice major)
Did you get in: awaiting
Honors program: no
Class Rank: 169/588 top 28% :frowning:
SAT: 1310
ACT: 31

i don’t know when to expect or what to expect, my rank is disastrous, even with a 95.5/4.0 UNWEIGHTED GPA…

@ChayDaw26 with test scores that good and a high GPA, you shouldn’t have a problem getting in… you might be waiting until February to hear back though

@Ethansports Early Action is for applying to engineering only.
Did you apply for engineering?
I see you are an international student. Are you applying as an international applicant or did you graduate in state after attending (for 3 years) and graduating from a Texas high school?

Being auto/academic admit, you should receive your admissions to the university within a few days to a a couple of weeks. Your application should be time stamped when submitted. You have until 11:59. No one has control of when the school actually receives it. They only have control over when they submit it. 11:59 PM October 15 is the deadline to submit not to be received.

What are my chances??

When did you apply: Mid October (just have all my essays and transcript received today)

When did you get your UIN: mid october

Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Review Admit

Major/College of Choice: Arch. Visualization

Class Rank: 31% (I am in one of the most competitive schools idk if they consider this)

SAT: 1370 (690R/690M) X_X

Oops I meant (630/740) for the sat

And my last sat went down 50 points from my highest, will that look bad

@Thelma2 I am applying for engineering, and I turn in my application last Monday morning.( before the Monday deadline) I get my UIN number Wednesday morning. I study in a Texas school since my freshman year, so I quality to be a domestic applicant.

@Ethansports Then you should receive your admissions to TAMU shortly and by Mid December for engineering, if they stay on track (some applicant’s decisions were deferred last year until after Jan, even though they applied by early deadlie). Good Luck and keep us posted!!

@Uminana A&M does not take into consideration the competitiveness (or lack thereof) of a school when making their decision. They look at how well you did against your own peers, be it a rich resource or poor resource school.

Good luck!