TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

@Thelma2 do you have stats for College of Liberal Arts admission similar to those you posted for engineering?

@Thelma2 so from your files you came across a 670 with it being the lowest math sub score, yet you don’t really know the lowest sub score fully admitted to Cstat correct? just making sure.

@helimom3 No, I don’t, I’m sorry. I am a parent of a sophomore engineering Aggie, so I have only kept up with that.

Here is the link to class of 2021 results thread. Admissions for the majority of review applicants start on page 26. A lot re-post their stats(and major applied) with their decision. If they don’t, a click on their username brings up their posts and replies and usually the stats can be found there.

At one time, I was trying to make a spreadsheet of engineering and review applicants but it got very time consuming. That computer had a spill and the doc didn’t somehow make it onto the external harddrive.
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1908913-tamu-class-of-2021-admissions-decisions-p1.html

@Thelma2 Thanks!!

Please, if you don’t mind, give me some insight on my daughter’s chances of being accepted into TAMU, Class of 2022? Thanks in advance!

When did you apply: July 1
When did you get your UIN: July 6
When did you receive your admission decision: Not yet, but fingers crossed!
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: First choice: College of Science, Biology, Second choice: College of Education and Human Development, Kinesiology
Did you get in: Not yet
Class Rank: 16/119, Top 13%
GPA: 103.7 or 3.83 on 4.0 scale
ACT: Composite 27, Eng. 31, Math 26, Reading 26, Science 25
SAT: Section scores: Reading & Writing 650, Math 610 & Test scores: Reading 33, Writing 32, Math 30.5

Other info & EC activities:
NHS Officer, Treasurer
Member of Youth Leadership Program with her high school, volunteer work
UIL, Computer Apps., district
Calculus, Biology, Computer Science AP courses, English & Social Science dual credit courses
High school volleyball team member 4 yrs., named All-District & Academic All-District, First Team last year
National club volleyball team member 4 yrs.
High school track team member, school record holder 4x200 meter relay, sophomore year & progressed to regional finals in track, freshman & sophomore years
Ran in the Texas Relays, Austin, freshman & sophomore
Fellowship of Christian Athletes member 4 yrs.
Youth Ministry member 3 yrs
Salvation Army volunteer
Church vacation bible school volunteer
Church mission trip, Street Reach, Memphis, TN

@TAMUkbr her stats seem above average for Tamu. I think she has a solid chance of acceptance.

@YourCollegeMom Thank you, I sure hope you are correct! Have you or anyone else on this thread heard about getting an email from the Honors Program? My D received one on Nov. 1. If you have received this email, did you apply for the Honors Program? Does this mean anything regarding acceptance? TIA! :slight_smile:

@TAMUkbr yes, several received the Honors email. Sadly, it does not mean anything at this time.

Alrighty, @YourCollegeMom. Do you think my D should apply? Will it hurt anything? Thanks again.

Definitely don’t think it will hurt anything. To me it would show high level of interest and not being afraid to go the harder route.

@TAMUkbr :
Based on your daughter’s similarity to my current TAMU Blinn-TEAM Freshman daughter, I would say that your daughter has a decent chance for full admittance and at the very least she would receive Blinn-TEAM.

Your daughter has a higher gpa (3.83) and class rank (14%) than my daughter (3.5 gpa and 53% HS ranking).
Your daughter and mine have the same ACT (27) and very close SAT scores (yours 1260, mine 1250).
Your daughter has more AP and dual credit courses (my daughter only had one English Dual Credit) and more HS extra curricular activities with leadership and more church activities/mission trips and volunteer hours than my daughter.
Your daughter applied earlier (July 1) than my daughter did last year (on Sunday after Thanksgiving).
My daughter received her Blinn-TEAM offer on Feb. 14.

Not sure if the desire major of Biology or Kinesiology impacts anything or not.

My daughter will major in something in the College of Liberal Arts. She originally thought she wanted to major in English, but she doesn’t want to teach and will probably end up in another major. She is having a wonderful time as a Freshman on Blinn-TEAM. She has 9 hours at Blinn and 4 hours at TAMU. She has made a lot of new friends and her grades are high. She went through sorority recruitment and is now a member of her first choice sorority and has also joined a fun organization on the TAMU campus. She is so happy to be an Aggie!

My older daughter, HS Class of '12, full admissions after review Aggie Class of '16 was just out of the top 25% in HS but had at or near the Academic Admit scores ACT/SAT for her year. The HS has just gotten a lot more competitive and the admissions standards for TAMU keep going up.

I hope that your daughter gets offered a full admission spot, but if she is offered TAMU Blinn-TEAM, that is a great way for students to be an Aggie and enjoy the entire CStat experience.

There is a 50% component that plays into admission decisions that are part of the application file that none of us regular folk ever see. These stats are only their scores and rank taken from all of the review admits from class 2021 results thread. There were so many more posters who didn’t give their stats or results so I did not included then here.
The first group are the review applicants who received admission to college station. The second group are the review admits who received Blinn Team admissions. The third group are review applicants who received PSA.

The date of the decision is at the end. A ? is a place marker because that info wasn’t available, like an ACT score etc.
Major applied, Rank. ACT, SAT, and date they posted/received admissions.

The formatting isn’t great but it is the best I could do.

When you think of the 100’s of posts and posters, these are the only ones who gave their stats at least once and gave their decision. Score break downs are also favorable to include. So please, don’t forget to put your stats at least once (and waiting until decision is ok too, many did that).

Some decisions may not make sense to you that received full admit while a better score applicant received PSA. The other half of the application file isn’t represented here. As you can see, numbers alone don’t dictate an admissions decision.

Biomed 13% 27 1290 Cstat November

Allied Health 89/581 27 1170 CStat Nov. 20
Int. relations Second qtr 28 1320 Cstat Nov. 30
physics 30% 31 1350 Cstat Dec. 2

forensic sci 20% 1180 Cstat Dec. 2

HR 256/787 26 Cstat Dec. 2

Microbiology 25% 30 Cstat Dec. 2

kinesiolgy 41/367 31 (26 M 35 R) 1360 (620M 740EBRWl) Cstat Jan. 3

PolySci Lib Art 19% 29 (English 34; Math 27)  1330 (700 EBRW; 630 M) Cstat

Lib Arts 51/172 31 1250 Cstat Dec. 2

Biomedsci 25% 28 1260 Cstat Feb. 6

Animal Science ? 29 ? Cstat Feb. 10
Envrio Sci 2nd qtr 1300 Cstat Feb. 14
Education 21% 23 1200 (610 math, 590 english) Cstat Feb. 14
Mays 75/546 25 1240 Cstat Feb. 15 got second choice major of ag science
Animal Science 12% 1240 Cstat Feb. 16
Dance Science 12% 22 1110 Cstat Amitted to Dance program before University
Envrio Sci 2nd qtr ? 1300 Cstat Feb. 14

BLINN TEAM
Major, rank, ACT, SAT, Decision, Date

forensic sci 25% ? 1350 Blinn Team Feb. 6
Econ Lib Art 35% 31 (36R,32E,28M,28S) ? Blinn Team Feb. 7
wildlife & Fisheries 38% 28 ? Blinn Team Feb. 10
? 12% 1340 Blinn Team Feb. 13
English Lib Art second qtr 26 1200 550 M, 650 EBRW Blinn Team Feb. 14
BIMS 25% 29 1230 Blinn Team Feb. 13
biology 12% 29 1360 (640 EBRW,720 M) Blinn Team Feb. 13
?major 15% 27 ? Blinn Team Feb. 13
Mays 40% 28 1360 Blinn Team Feb. 13
BioMedSci 12% 25 ? Blinn Team

Mays 25% 28 1270 Blinn Team

?major 12% 26 1250 Blinn Team

Biology 2nd qtr 32 1350 (660EBRW,690M) Blinn Team Feb. 14
English Lib Art 13% 29 1310 Blinn Team Feb. 14
English Lib Art 25% 26 1250 Blinn Team Feb. 14
BIMS 23% ? 1860 Blinn Team Feb. 14
BIMS 12.20% 29 1080 Blinn Team Feb. 14
poultry science 163/412 ? 1090 Blinn Team Feb. 14

PSA
Major applied, Rank, ACT, SAT, decision, sate

Mays 25% 1310 PSA Appealed decision and won full admit
forensic sci ? 1170 PSA Feb. 14
Mays 30% 1270 PSA Feb. 14
Econ Lib Art 160/644 24 1200 PSA Feb. 14
Bio med 11% 19 1070 PSA Feb. 14
English Lib Art 241/639 27 1340 PSA Feb. 14
? 2nd qtr 1230 (620M, 610ENRW) PSA
Mays 36% 26 PSA Feb.14
Mays ?% 28 PSA
Mays 2nd qtr 29 1380 PSA Feb. 14
?major 25% 1200 PSA
Geoscience 37/110 ? 1310 PSA
Microbiology 30% 30 1370 PSA
Math 32% 1300 PSA Feb. 14

Thanks @Thelma2 for all your info. I have read so much CC that my eye makes a popping sound when I blink. I’m too nervous to sleep and it’s only November! I can’t even imagine the shipwreck I will be in January and February.

This forum helped me navigate the process for kid #3 in 2015, when he was applying @Trommald A&M is a whole different beast than the colleges my other two attend. There were many who helped me through the process, some of which are still around, giving help to this class. It is so much different than when we were going to college.

Enjoy the Sr year. It goes by so fast, especially after spring break. For review applicants, just assume you won’t receive a decision until February. That is when they really start flowing in. And if it comes before then, what a great surprise. February is nuts on the forum but it’s a lot of fun. Torture too for many. Lots of woo hoos but sadly, some disappointments.

In looking at last years thread putting this together, I saw some names from last year still around and their kids are doing great where they ended up and quite a few are those who went Blinn Team or received PSA and transferring in.

Another thing some might consider, if you worry about the chance of full admit, is consider applying to Galveston campus. They are full Aggies there, as it is a system school and not a branch campus. Look into the change of major option if they want to move to College Station. It’s an Aggie Option and admissions is usually very quick.

@Thelma2 Thank You so much for compiling those stats and sharing your knowledge.

As hard as one may try, there is just no formulating a pattern it seems, because as you said we only see 50% of the decision process. What makes a candidate “stand out” is in the other 50% that we don’t see and can’t compare, and which can vary so much. But that unknown is exactly what causes the nerves and anxiety…lol! Personally, I wouldn’t want to be an admissions officer, tasked with making those decisions. There are just so many kids with stats so close to academic admit, and good ECs, it would be so hard to differentiate.

I’ve read on another forum that there’s actually a mathematical formula that admissions uses to predict the success (future GPA) of a student admitted. If true, wouldn’t we love to have that formula? HAHA! but then again, it may ratchet up the nerves even more! Best of luck to ALL the Review Candidates!

@FingersCrossedAgMom I too have heard that there is an algorithm used to determine a projected GPA at TAMU and they go from there. It would not surprise me if there was a formula similar to what UT uses, such as an Academic Index and personal achievement index.

The Academic Index and the Personal Achievement Index are “plotted against each other on a graph” and those highest on both are admitted

I would imagine A&M could have something similar to help sort through 40K applications.

My son’s Fasfa is showing up as recieved now, he applied 10/05 was accepted 10/19 and accepted to TAMU Engineering 10/31. We made a visit on Monday 11/13 for Scholar day and I amazed by the campus. They mentioned rolling admissions and rolling admissions for Engineering as well. I think alot of you have a good chance on getting in based on stats. We had to wait to get accepted to Engineering before we could apply for NSC which we have now registered for. When you get accepted apply for housing within 30 days of acceptance to guarantee housing. Here’s a few stats

Auto Admit
Son’s math score was a 660
Rank 4.5%
GPA 3.8 unweighted
Hispanic Merit Scholar
All IB/AP/dual credit courses
Band/Captain of the swim team/NHS/Amnesty Club/Community Service Hours

When do mays honors decisions start coming out?

My daughter got into the University today. She is Under Review for engineering on the AIS. Her Howdy has not been updated yet. She has 6 tabs now. In ’ Next Steps’ it says that applications completed by October 15 will hear by early to mid December.
Her stats:
Academic admit
ACT 31
Class rank: A&M ranked her in the top quarter( her school is in India)
Applied on : Aug 11 UIN : within a week

3 days back my D had asked a question through the portal about when she could expect a decision. Don’t know if it is a coincidence or if the question acted as a "nudge’ but I didn’t get any reply instead got a decision :slight_smile: :).

@goaggie CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter for her admission to TAMU! And Congratulations to you for raising her to be an outstanding young woman! :slight_smile: