TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

Inquiring was not a nudge. It’s coincidence. Last thing the want is every applicant contacting them, thinking they will speed up the process (it won’t). And the last thing they have time for while processing thousands of applications is singling out and speeding up the ones that contact them.
Congratulations and welcome to the engineering Aggie family.

UT is on the notification train today…it stinks being in the caboose.

So here is a question? When are the first rejections released?

Rejections for Tamu won’t come out until the very end. So February or March.

When can we expect Engineering Honors Decisions to start coming out, I just finished my application and I’m curious as to when ill find out if I got in or not. Thanks!

When did you apply: 11/14
When did you get your UIN: 11/16
When did you receive your admission decision: 11/16
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: academic
Major/College of Choice: Chemistry BS
Did you get in: yes
Honors program: planning to apply
Class Rank: 152/1353 top 11%
SAT: 1360
ACT: 30

Regarding Mays Honors - it is called Business Honors Program. Unlike other honors programs, it is also a major. Their decisions normally begin to be released in late January. They wait for the applications to all be processed by the university, then they review all the applicants to BHP. Keep in mind the minimum for application is academic admit standards so those students are quickly processed by the university. There are only two options to join BHP - as an incoming freshman & after the first semester at TAMU. They have in the past notified each applicant of a decision (yes or no) by March for incoming freshman. FWIW, his admission to BHP also came with a scholarship notification from Mays.

When did you apply:As soon as the admissions office opened
When did you get your UIN: July 7th
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Recently Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Meteorology/College of Geosciences
Did you get in: Hopefully soon
Honors program: No
Class Rank: 19% 82/412
SAT:N/A
ACT: 30
ACT sent my October score of a 30 on November 17th. Currently my application is still under review. Anyone have any idea on when that will change? Could anyone give me an estimated date on when I might receive an acceptance letter?
Also plan on joining the Corps of Cadets, Gig 'em Class of 2022

@Therminator that is awesome. Congrats. It could take a bit but no worries. With Thanksgiving it could take longer than normal but you’ll hear happy news soon enough! You should be so proud of that score and putting fate into your own hands!!! Welcome to Aggieland!

I posted this on engineering forum, but posting here too. Portal updated this morning. My son has been accepted to General Engineering. (electrical).

@zmom22 Thanks for updating this forum, we just checked and my son is also accepted to General Engineering. Congrats to your son!!

Congrats @LilyWu, @zmom22!
Whoop!!! Daughter got into general engineering
( chemical) this morning! Perfect timing before thanksgiving.

When did you apply: July 1 (using Apply Texas)
When did you get your UIN: July 7
When did you receive admission decision: For University, September 21 on AIS, For COE, November 21
Auto/Academic/Review Admit?: Auto-Admit
Major/College of Choice: Dwight Look COE, Computer Eng (CompSci path)
Did you get in: Yes!
Honors Program: Maybe
Class Rank: 3rd
SAT: 1380
ACT: N/A
Instate Student
Howdy Updated: August 17
Major on Application chanced to Engineering Review: August 17

(reposting so all my info is in one place)

@anxious_stdnt (and all other applicants if you have not posted your stats) Would you please post your SAT break down scores and maths/Physics/Chem you will have taken by graduation? Plus any other related ENGR classes. I am putting a spread sheet together of stats for next application cycle. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

@Thelma2 I posted it on the engineering decisions forum to try and help keep all the info in one place for you

Howdy Portal updated to 6 tabs today! Does anyone know if Thanksgiving will delay AIS updating?

@fivsmajor doubtful it will delay AIS updating. But 6 tabs means you are definitely in! So congrats! I’m holding onto some optimism since I haven’t seen any Mays acceptances yet! But ugh, this wait is hard!

@YourCollegeMom I’ll be praying for your son to receive his acceptance into Mays soon.

Thank you so much for answering my questions and helping me maintain my sanity when I was a nervous wreck!

@YourCollegeMom my son is mays too and only has 3. He is top 12 percent at super hard school and 1370 sat ( 740/630). Just missed the minimum for English or he’d be auto. He qualifies for business honors consideration and he’s already been to a one on one meeting for that. Business honors doesn’t care if you meet the minimum to be under consideration.
So still waiting for a decision for mays let alone business honors.
It wouldn’t surprise me if mays is different on timing than other reviews.

@aggiesomeday123 those are great stats! My Son is 14% local school with 28 ACT. I hope you’re right that they are under different timeline. I do know that Mays can’t do anything until they are admitted to TAMU.

I believe @YourCollegeMom