TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

@labegg However, I heard that early applicants applying for the engineering school are already receiving their notifications for engineering

The first group of engineering applicants were suppose to hear by early Dec, that was prior to the extension date of applications to January. I’m guessing you will hear shortly whether you are/are not accepted to the university as well as your status within engineering. Last year they sent out some deferrals, I wouldn’t be surprised if they did that again due to the extension of the application date. I would be sure to have a back up plan, it is competitive to get into the university as a review and again be picked for engineering.
@MasterrrSword , you are in luck because the new admission procedure for CS is no longer rolling admissions, since it is in the College of Engineering. Be sure to get your complete application in - it must be complete to be considered- you will go through two rounds of admissions just like the engineering- titled majors.

@MasterrrSword I finished my computer science application on like November 2nd and got accepted to computer science two weeks later. My stats were a little higher than yours but for sure you’ll get accepted.

My daughter found out yesterday she was admitted into Engineering (Aerospace is what she applied for).

@spbyram congrats!! when did your daughter submit her application?

When did you apply: July 1st
When did you get your UIN: July 6th
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Business Managment
Did you get in: N/A
Honors program: No
Class Rank: 20%
SAT: 1330
GPA: 3.9 (unweighted)

I have the ability for academic admission but I am 30 points below on my SAT.
I am mixed race (Caucasian and Indian)
I Have taken nearly all Pre-Ap and duel credit courses
Member of NHS
School Honor Council
Played varsity Basketball (2 Years)
High School band (2 years)
Class President (2 years)

Just wanted to know my standings on getting accepted to cstat not Blinn

I also have 3 Great Rec. letters

@Ethanforum1234 your stats look great. And you appear very well rounded. I think you have an excellent chance of full admit. If not you then who? Good luck and keep us posted!

@Ethanforum1234 as for Mays… that will be tougher just because you’re not auto or academic admit. So do well in 2nd choice major and change as soon as eligible!!!

If you want to increase your chances, there is an ACT offered at TAMU, good for TAMU only - you are very close to the cutoff ACT might just work to hit the 30 instead. Mays is rolling admission, but they do hold some spots for reviews, although they don’t advertise that. I’d give you a pretty good chance as is - if major is full, try Ag Business. Holistic review will take into account your EC & essays, they only count max of 2 rec letters. You might not hear until after the cutoff for applications – which was extended til January. If I were you, I’d retry the exams since the opportunity exists then you will know that you did everything in your power to gain admission whether or not you hit the magical academic admit level.

My son was notified through his Tamu email that he was accepted into Honors Engineering on Dec 5. If you’ve applied to the Honors Program check your tamu email for a response.

What is tamu email?

I don’t think I have tamu email

@nillupa It’s the university email that you get information through. After you accept your admission (I’m pretty sure you have to accept but maybe not). You get a university email account a couple of weeks later to use for school related stuff.

When do we know how much financial aid we’re going to receive? Also, do I need to upload letters of recommendation for scholarships or is that optional?

I applied (September 18th) and I was hoping for some input.
First Choice BS in Bio, Second Choice Business
Review Admit
Honors Program: Debating
ACT: 31
SAT: 1310
GPA: 4.0 Unweighted
Top 27%… (i know ): )
Extra Curriculars: Varsity Cheerleading & Head of Cheer Strength and Conditioning, NHS & NHS Special Olympics Committee, Student Council & Student Council Public Relations Committee, Spanish Club Chairman as well as Vice President of an Organization called Caring Closets for kids in need at my school.
I also have had a constant part time job since before my soph. year, and was a Shift Leader and Head of Training there.
Is there anyway someone could chance me?

Does anyone know when University Honors decisions usually roll out?

@ChayDaw26 i think u will be in bc ur sat score is pretty good for a&m

@nillupa @TXagghopeful1 Under your AIS it has a checklist of things to complete once youve been admitted into your major and verifying your University email is one of them and it has a link to setup and check your University email. That’s where my son recieved his acceptance into the Engineering Honors Program.

can i get into honors even if i am not admitted to tamu?