TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

Randomly checked my financial aid portal and my scholarship offer was there!

howdy y’all! So if anyone wants to live at Callaway Villas in College Station please contact me!!! I have a lease there that I am Re-letting and am willing to give a discount. These apartments are super nice and going quickly so if you haven’t gotten housing yet and want to live here contact me!!

Just so folks are aware, Freshmesh167 is top 1% of class and 1470 SAT. Congrats @freshmesh167 Are you going to accept your TAMU decision or did you chose a major at UT?

@Thelma2 I am actually going to attend UT since it’s much closer to home and I received a scholarship that’s the same amount as what TAMU offered. Best of luck to all of the TAMU applicants still waiting and congrats to all of the Aggies attending TAMU this fall!!!

Any updates??

Look at Holisitic Review candidates Class of 2022 @everyscreennameistaken

@AggieMomAgain @KIMZ99 Here are our impressions after visiting UTD.

Pros: beautiful campus - very nice, clean with modern or recently renovated buildings. The campus is rightsized- everything is within walking distance - you can walk from one end to another within 20 minutes or less. We visited on Friday and it didn’t feel overcrowded - even when we goes down to eat lunch at the student center at noon.

They are opening a brand new engineering building (the largest on campus) on Fall 2018 - it will house Mechanical engr department which is my son major. Tour guide pointed out that all the labs and research will move to this building as well. So very exciting…

Transportation - campus shuttles buses runs to all the major areas within the city and connecting with DART which is free to UTD students. So if you don’t have a car, shouldn’t be a problem. They even has what the called Comets Cabs (extended golf cart carrying 6-8) running around dropping you off at your building. Bonus pts there.

Safety - emergency poles are located thru out where you can call for someone to walk with your to your car or dorm if you don’t feel safe. Campus is located in a residential area of the city so it seemed and looked very quiet. My wife said she likes this aspect.

Dorms - very nice dorm. Clean modern spacious private room with a lock door whenever you need some privacy. We all love the dorm- don’t think any places else offer this to freshmen.

Foods: we ate at the student center and foods were good - we see little grab and go foods marts thru out the campus in the various buildings. Starbucks served better coffee here then in my town. Lol.

Cons: I asked my son and he said he couldn’t think of any …he likes the tour that much.

For us, it is a long way from Houston making for long trips to visit. Most importantly it is not a highly recognized engineering college in the nation (ranked #82 vs #14 for TAMU).

Overall, this is going to be a tough decision to make. My wife and I agreed that this feel like the best environment for my son.

Hopefully after the Engr preview day in Galveston it would give us clarity on what would be the best fit for him.

Does anyone know if we will hear today?

@apulse I do not think anyone will hear today. Typically tabs show up in the morning and then AIS updates later that day or the next. From this site, I haven’t seen anyone get tabs in Howdy. I’m hoping tomorrow will be the big push.

Howdy,
For those who have been admitted, have y’all received and invitation to sign up for a student social on March 3rd? It’s for admitted students and it says that they only have I limited number that can go so I was just wondering if anyone got a confirmation that they’ve been selected to attend. After I signed up I did get an email but it seemed like it was just about them receiving your registration, however it does tell you what time the event is. But the first email said that if you were selected to attend you would receive an email that would tell what to bring and when it starts.

My son has not received an invite to this.

@hopefulaggie2022 No … my son hasn’t received an invitation either

BTW, here is a reply yesterday about the 3/22 Engineering Preview Day from one of the counselor:

“The TAMUG Engineering Preview Day is a College Station event that is taking place here in Galveston, they have not set up the registration portal yet. We are currently waiting for College Station to provide us the link for that as we speak.”

My son just got an email stating that he has been put on the waitlist for the TAMU honors program but he still hasn’t received admission to the university. The portal still says awaiting review. Anyone have this experience?

@AggieMomhelp @mikeinsugarland
Can I ask if yalls sons were admitted to the college station campus? Also, me and a couple friends received the invite but we were all full admits to College Station.

@hopefulaggie2022 My son was admitted to Engineering in Galveston

I applied back in early November and didn’t hear anything until my howdy page upgraded to 6 tabs around 2 weeks ago. My application status still remains in review. Does anyone know what this means or when it will update?

@ericdelgado4444 If you changed to 6 tabs and it still shows in review, you need to call Admissions, I have heard that it changes the next day, but not sure

I know that to accept my offer of admission I must sign up for a new student conference. But do
I have to pay the fee at the time of sign up or how does that work?

@hopefulaggie2022 if you used an application fee waiver, you can defer the fee for a later time. If not I believe you have to pay it up front.