TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

I called admissions directly, and they said auto admits acceptances would be out at the end of the month. Hopefully, that clarifies. Per the previous comments on this thread, I had thought that we’d see something today and I was optimistic and checking all day. However, we will hopefully hear something by 10/1. They didn’t give a specific date; they just stated that it would be at the end of the month. Good luck to all!

@YourCollegeMom, you really think so? I have a back up plan, but I’ve always wanted to go to TAMU. It’s not fun when the actual school you want to go to is the last one to give you a decision:(

I am going to suggest that the delay in releasing acceptances may be related to the hurricane and wanting to allow those impacted to get their apps in.

@labegg I thought that too earlier in the month, so I emailed admissions. They told me that Harvey had no impact on decisions arriving on time and to expect them mid to late September.

@ANS2022 I know, TAMU and UT are the worst on getting review candidates decisions. If you live close, you may want to take the residual ACT at TAMU. It’s $120 but it’s a small setting, last years version of the test and they score by next day! AND it shows you are really interested in TAMU since the scores are only good for here. I know several people that went up a couple of points. Worth a shot. If you want the info, let me know and I’ll get it for you.

@YourCollegeMom do you know if “in the area” is only Bryan-CSTAT area?

@YourCollegeMom I’ll look it up on the TAMU website. Thank you so much for your help!!

@ANS2022 Yes it is to be taken at the General Services Complex on TAMU campus in College Station.

http://testing.tamu.edu Then click on exams and ACT. I’ve never had a problem getting a hold of someone when I called. You can ask them about Saturday testing if you don’t live close. Hope this helps!

I would love to have some info! Thanks!

The cost is $120 nonrefundable but you are able to change testing dates if there is room.

Phone: (979)-845-0532

Email: testing@tamu.edu

Address:
General Services Complex
750 Agronomy Road, Suite 1101 | 4239 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4239

Has anyone gotten a decision today?

Nope…

@iceprincess00 @PiperDog Today Aggiebound replied to someone on twitter about that. The person told Aggiebound they needed to change their profile picture (to TAMU22), and Aggiebound replied, “Check back here next week.” :(( I really don’t want that to mean we won’t hear until next week, but I don’t see what else it could mean.

Aggiebounds snapchat story said that there will be an announcement on Twitter next Thursday! Reveille was licking a class on 2022 TAMU packet on the story!

Ok…check AIS late this week but no later than Thursday of next week for automatic admits…:confused: Source reliable…

@PiperDog when you say no later than Thursday of next week, do you mean that next Thursday is when we will receive admission? Or that people will begin to be accepted late this week and it will end? Thanks!

End on Thursday that is.

@ag2022… The info I was given said that they do not all go out at the exact same moment but that they all should be out by Thursday of next week specifically for this first round. Although my source is fairly reliable I think there must be one person sitting there reading all of this and laughing…as even my reliable source was somewhat vague…

Waiting til next week may favor those kids who just received new SAT/ACT scores this week and now qualify for academic admit status, though I suspect A&M won’t receive the official score reports soon enough to include them in the first round of admits. Wishful thinking?

Yes I think it is just more of “it is what it is” there really seems to be no other reason that us common folk can find… waiting with fingers crossed,