TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Hey y’all, I already asked this question on a different forum, I might as well ask you guys too.

I HAVE NOT gotten into TAMU, I also DO NOT SHOW 6 TABS in Howdy, but I have continued to receive emails from TAMU, such as last Friday. The email was encouraging me to check out the Corps of Cadets and other activities for the class of 2023. Is it a good sign I have gotten this email?

@texantexantexan - my son is a review admit and waiting on a decision. He has also received those emails so I think if you’ve applied you are on their email list. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

@SAMomofOne What are your son’s stats?

Do they tell you if you are not admitted or do you just not hear back from them?

@mrsqster you will get a decision.

Just found out that TAMU did not receive my son’s Oct 5th SAT. I noticed when looking on his portal that it was not there (just this weekend as I’m starting to get nervous with no decision). I specifically had this score rushed ($) to TAMU in October as soon as we had the 1360 result knowing it would make a difference. SAT sent an old score - I specifically called them to send the new.

Has anyone ever had such an issue? Is my son doomed for TAME Engineering? His score they have is 1320 and he’s 1st quarter.
Any encouragement would be greatly appreciated! Feeling awfully low today

@aggiearch So did he get accepted already and you’re just waiting on engineering? If he doesn’t get in then I think you have a right to appeal for this information showing proof you requested it to be sent. But I would also be banging my head on my desk knowing that I had time to catch it before the deadline for additional info.

No he hasn’t been admitted yet. Without the 1360 he wasn’t auto admin. So yes, banging my head and wondering WHY! I never thought to dig to see which SAT scores they had - just knew they had them.

Thanks for replying to my sad story!

@AgggieArch We had trouble with College Board when my daughter transferred schools after Freshman year. We had to send the AP scores to the new university to satisfy requirements for the new major. College Board only sent half of what was requested and that I paid for. She should have checked but who knew. We didn’t realize it until it was her Transfer Conference and registration. She was not going to be allowed to claim the credit for literature and composition because the Language and composition AP test wasn’t sent and as far as they were concerned, didn’t exist until proven otherwise. She couldn’t take a course she needed because Lit and comp (or it could have been the other way around) couldn’t be satisfied unless she wanted to take it.
She opted not to take this class in her major course sheet, delaying things a semester but not where it wasn’t easily caught up.
I called College Board. I provided them with the receipt I have printed off that had the date I had requested them sent, which ones to be sent, and how much I paid. They said they would get them sent out pronto. It still took a few weeks.

I would have your son message via the AIS or call admissions if you have the receipt (you can print it off of college board what you sent/paid) to what should have been sent.

@AgggieArch How did the scores not make the Dec 1st deadline? October should be well far enough to make a December deadline.

@goodperson200 when you sign up for an SAT, you can have it automatically sent or your can pay for it to be sent after the scores are in. Many people elect to wait if it is a retake and they want to make sure they want to send it.

College Board apparently didn’t send it, as per request and payment. I had this happen with AP scores.My daughter’s AP scores had plenty of time to be sent. It just didn’t get done.

Always check that things are done that you request to have done. Follow up on everything.

@Thelma2 wow college board must really be heckle to work with.

With the millions of scores they deal with, it happens. With three kids and 4 universities, and AP and SAT scores, it was out only time to have an issue. Always follow up on things. Don’t wait to find out. On more than just collegeboard

Because I like statistics, I’ll share my daughter’s info. (Especially since she seems to be an outlier.)

When did you apply: July 17
When did you get your UIN: July 19
When did you receive your admission decision: October 11
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: SOCI
Class Rank: 15%
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1350 (750 R/W and 620 Math) (the low scoring June 2018 sSAT that had everyone freaking out)
ACT (with Sub Scores) 30 (can’t recall sub scores, but math wasn’t high enough for academic admit)

AP classes, band, lacrosse, and debate, and a part time job in the summer.

Congratulations to the Class of 2023, and good luck to those still waiting!
Her suggestions for future applicants: interact with your local admissions counselor or at least someone specific in admissions; have a plan for your degree path and describe it in your application; and pray. :slight_smile:

Has anybody gotten the 6 tabs yet on their portals?

what are my chances:/

When did you apply: 11/9
When did you get your UIN: 11/13
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: review admit
Major/College of Choice: health
Class Rank: 546/1340
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1290 R-630 M-660
ACT (with Sub Scores): N/A

@texas2468 with only giving us half of what admissions goes off of… i say you’re going to have a tough time at full admit with your class rank. Sat isn’t too bad but need higher with than rank.

@AggieMomhelp

When did you apply: 11/21
When did you get your UIN: 11/24
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: review admit
Major/College of Choice: Engineering
Class Rank: idk, but tamu placed in 2nd quarter
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1400, 680 r/w, 720 math
ACT (with Sub Scores): N/A

APs every year in hs, 4 years of band, eagle scout, 150+ volunteer hours

What are my chances?

@aggieTay01 looking at the banner this morning, a less optimistic assumption is that the January review is in process , with results in Feb…

@GoodBull91 More optimistic answer - the banner references freshmen engineering applicants who applied early action only - no reference to other applicants. Still holding hope that there will be a wave this month! If not, what’s 2-3 more weeks. :smiley: