TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@Thelma2 is there any upside to switching my first choice to agricultural economics now? or is it too late. my first choice is Industrial Distribution (Engineering) and honestly I would rather get in to the College Station Campus than the College of Engineering

@Collegehornet11 you just missed academic admit so I think you have a great shot! You won’t get business so look at AG business or Econ with business minor.

@subbutexas I think you have a pretty good shot at admittance or team. And yes you’ll get a banner with team but not for psa.

@stillhelpful581 you sound way older and wiser than your years. Great post. Your stats alone may not get you in, but your ECs and leadership will help you regardless. Best of luck and keep us posted.

@ACP19TAMU23 I’m not sure you are able to switch now. Call admissions tomorrow and ask if it’ll help or hurt. If you can switch out of eng then I would.

@AggieMomhelp the switch major button is still available on the AIS but the concern is if that will really hurt my application. I know Agricultural Economics is a major that does not fill up and at worst with those numbers I would get gateway or blinn team which I dont have a problem with. But all in all would you say given my information that I don’t have a very good chance of getting in to the College of Engineering? also is gateway available for the college of engineering applicants?

@AggieMomhelp @Thelma2

When did you apply: 11/21
When did you get your UIN: 11/24
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: review
Major/College of Choice: Engineering
Class Rank: idk, but tamu placed in 2nd quarter, also it turns out that my gpa is 4.917 out of 6, and I got placed in 2nd quarter, but my sister applied with a 5.01/6 and got 1st quarter, which means I barely missed academic admit
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1400, 680 r/w, 720 math
ACT (with Sub Scores): N/A

APs every year in hs, 4 years of band, eagle scout, 150+ volunteer hours

What are my chances?

@ParadiseAggie if you are wanting engineering and still awaiting CS decision what would be the best thing to apply directly to TAMUG for? The only option we see for engineering is Marine engineering technology on apply texas. We are just exploring our options for possible later transfer to CS. Thanks

@AggieMomhelp @Thelma2 what are your thoughts on going straight to TAMUG and then transferring? or should we just wait on a review decision? Thanks for all your help!

@ACP19TAMU23 definitely ask admissions if it hurts your chances since engineering is first choice. If it were any other major, I would say changing it now would have zero effect good or bad. Based on your stats and math physics readiness, I would be surprised if you didn’t get full admit to cstat.

@DaughterEngineer hold off on Galveston. You have time to apply Galveston and will know your Cstat by this time next week I would assume.

@learner1234 with all due respect, you have asked several times for a chance me. @thelma2 and I have both answered once if not more. Nothing has changed. Please review our replies to you. Best of luck.

Wondering if anyone knows when next round of decisions will be released?

@AggieMomhelp @Thelma2 Would it make any difference right now if we changed DD major to Biology instead of BIMS? Even though we recognize overall chances are already very slim would this keep them from offering McAllen? It would be a shame if she was ultimately offered McAllen and we could have avoided it. Or is it just too late given that decisions are coming next week?

I Really want to go to a Texas university but I got capped from UT and I’m still waiting for a&m and Baylor so I’m kinda nervous

When did you apply: 10/20
When did you get your UIN: 10/23
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Major/College of Choice: business
Class Rank: 61/519
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1390, 620 r/w, 770 math
ACT (with Sub Scores): N/A
APs every year in hs
4 years math team, 2 years won regionals and went to state
NHS Officer
Illinois state scholar
Ap scholar
50+ community hours

What are my chances? Thanks!

@AggieDreamin BIMS is under vet school so not sure why it would make a difference to improve chances. If it’s full then they’ll place her in second choice major. BIMS isn’t additional review. If it’s open it’s open. If I misunderstood question, let me know. I swear doing this from my phone call computer makes me miss things. Lol

@tyler0326 you should receive full admit to tamu. But
 Mays is full so you’ll get second choice major.

@Collegehornet11 next round should be end of this week. We were told at an economic conference that by Sunday, students should have a decision. Now he didn’t specify if all decisions will be handed out or just the next wave of full admits.

@AggieMomhelp my question was more about the possibility of being offered McAllen. Which is considered full admit but would not be an option for my DD. If they offer her that then it is game over for now. I was wondering if the possibility of being placed in Cstat would be better if she was Biology since McAllen isn’t at target campus (as far as I know) for that major. I would much rather her get the possibility of Blinn Team over full at McAllen. But again I also wonder if it is just too late in the game to make any changes that might effect the end decision.

Oh I didn’t realize McAllen would be offered to anyone except engineering academy. And if that’s the case it would be you have the option to go to McAllen or change your major to something at cstat. I don’t think I’ve heard of any other major only being offered McAllen. I’m going to have e to ask. Thanks for the info! And I guess to answer your question, no I don’t think it’s too late to change from BIMS to bio.

@AggieMomhelp Thank you! So for Galveston if they are offered that for Engineering they can change their major and go to Cstat? If she would have the option to change majors then it isn’t a big deal she would just do it then. I was just thinking that if she was offered McAllen then that would be her only option.

Okay just looked at how to be admitted. That’s crazy that This is considered a pathway. I agree with you
 McAllen would not be a viable option for My kiddos.

Also, I am 100% ok with getting BLINN teamed, but is there a slim chance of full admittance? (#2296)

@AggieDreamin I know for engineering they are accepted first to tamu then offered Galveston or McAllen and even Blinn, so in that case they have the option to change majors. IF McAllen for Bims is the same scenario then yes, she could then change her major. But if it’s more like a Team thing the team is your only option. McAllen is so new so I have no data on those types of acceptances.

@stillhopeful581 I guess I wasn’t clear on changing you. Being 2nd quarter hurts you. 27 act is pretty decent but not sure we’ve seen anyone this cycle get in with theee stats yet. I do feel you are well rounded and will be successful here. However, might have to do team or straight up Blinn before you can prove you’re ready. With your mindset, you’ll be successful and end up where you want to be just may have to be patient.