TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Could someone chance me? I haven’t heard anything and am getting anxious!
When did you apply: 10/27
When did you get your UIN: 10/31
When did you receive your admission decision: In Review
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Allied Health
Class Rank: 1st
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1260, 670 Math, 590 Reading
4.0 GPA with lots of extracurriculars, leadership, and work, including marching band, various clubs, and community service
Hoping for at least Blinn Team and good luck to all of y’all still waiting!

@Connor1c and @KeetsMom are you guys sure? You will still see 3 tabs when you log into Howdy but you need to check the AIS page.

My son was accepted into Baylor, Capped at UT but wants A & M engineering. We must accept the cap offer by Feb 8 UGGG. The only thing we are hearing from Tamu is crickets.

are you both engineering applicants?

are you both engineering applicants?

yes

@houstonheat, yes. He is an engineering applicant and he checked AIS. Still has the notification about being deferred until January. Application still in review.

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp If we see 6 tabs this week will son be able to change major to Physics & Astronomy without any hassle? 1st choice major was Mays and we put the 2nd choice as undeclared but there is absolutely nothing he’s interested in studying within the Liberal Arts college. Thanks!

@angsmi has your son applied/been accepted into any other engineering schools? UT CAP is really only good for those who are willing to transfer into the college of Liberal Arts at UT. What about the TAMU-Galveston route that others have talked about here? Or TTU or the OK schools?

@houstonheat I’ve been checking every second. My AIS still is in review

@KeetsMom I am not so sure all decisions are out as their are high stat academic admits who have not received an admission decision yet.
Last year, there was a decision on Jan 30 for engineering students and then the singular admissions to Galveston and the academies came out in February.

@AggieMomhelp I did not see a post by @DaughterEngineer that offered her to change her major to College Station but that her offers were only we would like to consider you for admission to one of the following Engineering Pathways:
•Option 1: Enroll in Engineering at Galveston
•Option 2: Enroll in Engineering at McAllen
•Option 3: Join the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan (TEAB-Bryan), a dual enrollment program
DId I miss a post of hers?

@TXDad56 Yes, he has been accepted into the Engineering program at UTSA. He applied there months ago as a back up not knowing it is part of the cap program at UT. Yes, cap is liberal arts. Not sure which way we will go. Holding our breath for now.

@houstonheat @Connor1c @KeetsMom @angsmi @learner234 and all other engineering applicants, lets move the discussion over to the engineering 2023 thread so as not to confuse all of the non engineering applicants from today’s release.

I also will be providing information on the different options over there and not over here on this thread.

An Aggie Mom whose son is in the Engr Galveston Program has also posted over there. Great info for those considering it and for those to hopefully be getting an engineering decision soon who are still waiting.

An Aggie Dad from last cycle has begun a thread on the engineering academies. Check them out.

@TXDad56 Yes, he is in at TTU also so we will see!

My son got the three Engineering Pathway options today. Here are his stats

When did you apply: 10/13
When did you receive your admission decision: 1/28/19 (3 Engineering Pathway options)
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Engineering
Class Rank: 51/245
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1310, 700 Math, 610 Reading
AP Calculus and AP Physics II. EC’s, good essay, and 2 letters of recommendation.

@AggieMomhelp @Thelma2 If I get offered blinn team, what happens if tamu dorms have reached capacity?

@KeetsMom @Connor1c both being so close I would be shocked if not offered one of the pathways. I wonder if the howdy portal is in overload right now. I really hope you all get in. and hear back sooner rather than later!

@learner234 They won’t. What matters is that you apply for housing within 30 days of your admissions decision.

Hello! I am still waiting for anything back from A&M. I applied 10/2 for engineering with a 1350 SAT Q1. Others have received engineering academy/Blinn but I have nothing in AIS. Anyone know if this means I will not get an offer?

@Brendonwatson Many others are in the same situation. I have a SAT of 1400 in top 26 or 27%, and I am “supposed” to get an academy offer, but I have nothing yet.