TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Does anyone think decisions will be released today or tomorrow?

I just looked at my application and realized I did not check Blinn team. Is it possible for me to go back and change that? Does that mean I will be considered for gateway or will be put straight into PSA or denial? Although I am still holding out for full admit, alt pathways seem more likely. I applied to Ag Life Science College with major in Forensic and Investigative Sciences. I am 2Q with a 1360 SAT (690 reading, 670 math).

Does anyone know if the cost of attendance is the same at Galveston vs College Station?

Does anyone know if the cost of attendance is the same at College Station vs Galveston?

Where did you go to check if you selected Blinn Team? My son can’t remember if he picked it or not. Thanks!

You can open up the application in Apply Texas

@CMR1997 If your son applied through ApplyTexas he can open the application he sent to A&M and view his answers, although you cannot change anything - I am sure it is similar as well if he applied through a different application service

@BlueBayouAZ Thank you! However, we are out of state, so he didn’t apply via ApplyTexas. Do you know where to find it in Howdy or AIS?
@bellasea Did you find your BlinnTeam info in Howdy or AIS? Thx!

@CMR1997 I applied vid Coalition and looked at the draft of my application through there. It shows all of you application answers.

@Dutchesmom: That makes more sense to hear that your daughter was offered Blinn-Bryan, Engineering, TAMUG, or McAllen for Engineering! :slight_smile: I thought it was odd that she wasn’t also offered Blinn-Bryan Engineering. She may not realize what each offer means.

PLEASE go visit the Blinn-Bryan Engineering in CStat and the TAMU Galveston campuses before selecting if at all possible!! Visit with advisers who can help you decide which is the best option for your daughter’s particular needs. See what the vibe of the area is and pick the place where your daughter feels the most “at home” in. If you can’t physically visit, then at least go online, find phone numbers or email addresses for advisors at all locations and make sure all of your questions are answered by someone at TAMU BEFORE she makes her decision. Have her sit down and look at all info online so that she is well informed. Don’t let her make the choice based on what “her friends have heard”, etc. Get all of the info straight from TAMU.

Her best choice may be determined by the classes she already has Dual Credit for and which classes she is required to take to begin with in Engineering. Were y’all the family where the daughter will have her Associates degree already? If so, make sure that you ask all advisors about what she will need to take as a Freshman because she already has an Associates. Ask all questions that occur to you, there are no “dumb” questions. And then post your questions and the answers to CC for everyone’s information! :slight_smile:

What works best for one person may not be the best for another. If neither of these locations feel right to your daughter, then check out the McAllen option. Not sure where y’all are located but I got the impression that you are not in the Valley. I know nothing about the McAllen option.

It is simply a space issue. There just isn’t enough room on the CStat campus for all of the highly qualified applicants. Just think of it as taking classes in a different building. Does it really matter what building she is in? All of her options have her being taught by TAMU professors. Win-Win!! Again, the ONLY people who view Blinn-Bryan Engineering or TAMU Galveston Engineering or the new McAllen option as anything “less than” are people who don’t know the whole details and don’t live in Aggieland!

If your daughter wants to live the Aggie life in Aggieland asap, then the Blinn-Bryan Engineering offer is what will make that possible from day one! She will be living in CStat and will have ALL of the privileges of a Full Admit Aggie EXCEPT THAT SHE WON’T BE ABLE TO PLAY AN NCAA SPORT FOR TAMU
that is the ONLY difference. She will be able to live on campus, join the Corps, go through Greek recruitment, buy a Sports Pass and Dining Plan and Parking Pass, etc. No one in Aggieland cares who is taking classes at Blinn or for what reason. A LOT of full Admits take a class or two or more at Blinn CC in Bryan because of scheduling/cost/etc.

If your daughter wants to start out in on a smaller campus, then Galveston is the offer that works. She will still be a full TAMU admit but just not living in CStat. She can still go to games and hopefully will have friends there to stay with afterward instead of driving back 3 ish? hours to Galveston from CStat.

McAllen is a full Admit for transitioning to CStat after fulfilling the requirements, but I would think that the location in the Valley would make it hard to get to CStat for game day. (Maybe a current McAllen parent could start an info thread on CC?)

Not having a child in Engineering, I can’t speak to the class sizes, difficulty, etc. of Blinn-Bryan Engineering vs TAMU vs Galveston or McAllen or what it takes to get to full CStat Engineering through those programs. I just want to congratulate your daughter on receiving wonderful options and hope that she chooses carefully. :slight_smile:
Just my 2 cents! :slight_smile:

I also said no to Blinn when I applied and then i realized my mistake and emailed them to see if I could change it and they said no

I truly wonder if that matters though about saying no to Blinn Team. I think they may still slide you into that spot if they determine that’s where you belong, BUT selecting Blinn is a new addition these past few years even though Team has been around. I don’t think my daughter had to select it back for class of 2019

i really hope it doesn’t matter but I think my college councilor said that they wont offer it to you if you said you weren’t interested

Just reviewed my Daughter’s application in Apply Texas, here is what is asked. Goody for her, as she said not sure>>>

Texas A&M University receives more applications from high achieving, academically prepared applicants than we can accommodate in the freshman class. As a result, we have established a collaborative, co-enrollment partnership between Texas A&M and Blinn College. Each year, this program allows the admission of hundreds of academically prepared students into the Texas A&M freshman class than otherwise would have been possible due to enrollment limitations. Participating students are enrolled at Texas A&M and enjoy most of the privileges afforded a Texas A&M student. Visit BlinnTEAM for more information. This question is intended to gauge an applicant’s interest in BlinnTEAM. All applicants will be given maximum consideration for full admission prior to being considered for BlinnTEAM; however, selecting ‘no, I am not interested’ may negatively impact a student’s opportunity for admission to Blinn TEAM. Please indicate your interest below.

yes, I am interested
no, I am not interested
X not sure at this time

Eek but yay that your daughter put Not sure
 good for her indeed. Perfect answer.

On twitter today, Aggiebound replied to a question saying applicants can expect a decision by March 1. Goodness, seems like forever ? since my DS applied July 2.

i insisted my son check yes! he didn’t understand the importance of the option at the time, but as we wait, he now fully understands!

As I understand it there is no downside to checking “yes” for Blinn Team. If you are qualified for Full it won’t impact that decision at all and if not then you at least have good options. I am not sure the other way around. If you check “No” then will they not consider you for Blinn? I suspect they would still offer it if they felt it was a good match.

I kind of think they will not offer TEAM to someone who checked no @aggiedreamin. The choices were yes, no, not sure. And it looks like only about 20 percent of the people offered TEAM last year elected to enroll. I think the question is there to bring the Admit/enroll ratio of TEAM offers more inline with the Full and Gateway ratio. Just a hunch - don’t have any inside knowledge on it.

@hypnopooper – wow I went and checked just in case - thank goodness “not sure” on all counts. Thanks for the heads up