TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@MomHopesNxtGenAg No, but I’ll tell him to look at it. He has NO desire to go to TAMUGalveston.
If he doesn’t get in Blinn or Cstat then he will accept his offer to the engineering program at UTSA. He really wanted to be first gen aggie. My fingers are still crossed!

I suggested that my son consider Ocean Engineering, which is basically a specialization of mechanical engineering, like aerospace engineering (my field) is. Sometimes being in a niche can lead to a bright future. A person can write their own ticket in many respects, and some of these fields are very lucrative. But it has to have some appeal in the person’s mind, for sure.

For those still stressed by pending acceptance, I would encourage your students to consider going to Blinn if they do not get accepted. My Aggie was offered PSA but only wanted to be College Station. Declined PSA, went to Blinn for two semesters, made really good grades and was accepted as a transfer the next Fall. Lived in College Station and enjoyed her year surrounded by all things A&M while working hard at Blinn. For those who only want to be an Aggie, this route ended up working out very well for us. It’s not about where you start, it’s about where you finish!

@aggiefam IF she doesn’t get into tamu full admit, she should look at the required courses for her major and try to get those completed summer and fall of freshman year and apply for Spring or following summer admit. Bio, Allied Health and Nutrition etc that feeds into Nursing program requires 2 sciences and 2 maths in order to apply for transfer.

You’re not at that point yet, I’m just throwing out option. Does she have bio or chem taken care of in DC?

Perhaps it’s different with different students and circumstances, but with our Aggie, she could not apply for Spring admission. A&M wanted to see a full year of college work - two full semesters; not dual credit or summer school to meet the requirements. They wanted 30 hours over Fall and Spring at another college before before she could apply again. She was able to apply during the Spring semester and received her accepted email/letter in June. All A&M advisors we spoke to about getting her in as soon as possible said the same thing - a full year elsewhere. But it goes by faster than you’d think!

@AggieMomhelp Thanks for the advice. We have discussed spring admission. She has completed all science and math requirements. She only needs 5-7 more prerequisites, depending on what transfers, before she can apply to nursing school. She is trying to leave some classes so that she has them to take on campus. The program says they admit students from the school first. I’m assuming this shows that you can do well in TAMU courses. No matter how many bases you think you’ve covered, there is always something new that pops up :slight_smile:

@oldag48 If this is the case then it’s a no go because she will be done with all prerequisites. Thanks for the heads up though. Another question to ask the advisors!

Anybody had any news?

Not that anyone has reported yet.

My daughter also received TAMUG as well as a TAMUT open house invitation e-mail last night. Nothing new in AIS.

When did you apply: October 13
When did you get your October 16
When did you receive your admission decision: still waiting
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: 1st Animal Science 2nd Zoology
Class Rank: 1Q
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1300 (r/w 620) (math 680)

Nothing on my daughter’s howdy or AIS either.

@AggieFam
Here is the info for transferring into biology at TAMU http://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-transfer2018/SCI18-Biology.pdf

My son recieved that same TAMUG email last night as well, he is Ag Business 1st choice. We have been getting them from TAMU Texarkana for a couple months. No changes in AIS

@AggieFam Just completing prerequisistes is different from taking prerequisites and other core curriculum requirements that would transfer to A&M, right? Could she also take some core curriculum credits and use her year effectively?

Maritime business is a great backup for the business school. I visited it and the guy I visited with was great and honestly it sounds like a miniature version of the maze because the professors were super nice super helpful and they’ve really good job opportunities and connections and internships up there with Mays. also Galveston is not a bad campus it’s basically College Station but at Galvestoncan you get access to all the same things thrat are in College Station has like the traditions and sports and stuff. But it’s a small campus so it’s a more personalized and more homey. All that said and college station is of course still my number one school and Galveston is my solid second choice and I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn’t get into A&M college station.

@MomHopesNxtGenAg You’re correct. She must complete TX Common Core along with nursing prerequisites. She already completed those (42hrs). She only has nutrition, microbiology, and a few other courses which are all prerequisites.

We were relocated from TX to FL for 9 years. Their DCs transferred to any state college making the process seamless. At the time, my daughter wanted to be a vet so she got a jump on taking DCs early. We were moved back here 3 years ago and things are slightly different. And she just switched to nursing and each school has different classes they require.

She will go to Texas Tech if she doesn’t get in to A&M, just not her first choice. But I want to make sure transferring in the spring is completely out first :slight_smile:

Appreciate all the info on the site. We are outsiders from Illinois and completely unfamiliar with everything Aggie. My son goes to one of the top public schools in Illinois, which has no history of students going to Texas A&M. He is a high school senior and discovered TAMU’s GeoEx Camp last year, applied, was accepted, had a great time and fell in love with TAMU. [lesson for parents, be careful where you send you kid for his/her first college camp experience!]

He applied to 8 schools so far, and heard back from 5 with some good scholarship opportunities. Two of the remaining three have March 1 deadlines, so TAMU is not alone in the late decision world. It will be a tough decision if he is lucky enough to get accepted to TAMU, its in his top three for sure.

When did you apply: July
When did you get your UIN: July
When did you receive your admission decision: waiting
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Geoscience [wanted to study volcanoes since he was 12].
Class Rank: school doesn’t rank, TAMU assigned 2nd qtr
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1340 (r/w 680, math 660)
ACT (with Sub Scores): NA
Eagle Scout, Swim team captain, tons of AP courses.

Has anyone majoring in kinesiology heard any news?

Oh boy, chief shah back at it again. I’m speechless. I’m even surprised the engineering applicants did not hear back today since it says they’re part of the January review and its Feb 1st. But nothing I can do, wish I could see 2 weeks into the future, but that might not be enough, at this rate might need 4. Hopefully something soon, want to get in sooo bad. I doubt they’re going to release a night decision like the UT cap.

I’m a full admit engineering student for the class of 2023. And just to quell rumors that some students were being sent TamuG emails because it wasn’t looking like they were going to be accepted into Cstat, I also received the email, despite already being a full admit to Tamu Cstat.

Just thought I’d add that.

@TAMUaggie2214 I think it was just a marketing email to be honest. I would not read anything into it.