TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@Ollie23 why not just switch out of AP English? One of my kids switched a few wks into 2nd semester last yr but still took the AP test & got a 4.

@Michaelandcello they appear in My Howdy and mean an admission is coming. There is a ton of posts in this thread explaining them. Probably around pages 160ish

@ErRnMom Do you know where in My Howdy? Is Is it the one that currently has 4 buttons (Academic Success Center, Study Hub, University Writing Center, Library)?

My daughter still 3 tabs. Top 10.7% 1300 SAT (670 math 630 reading) 4.0 unweighted GPA. Biochem is her 1st choice. I fear it is just not going to happen. Congrats on those who got their tabs today.

It sounds like there was probably a review wave today. If I applied earlier than some of the folks that got their decisions today does that mean I didnā€™t make full admission?

@Michaelandcello top Left hand corner, click on the three lines to drop down the tab menu

Iā€™m still seeing three

@Michaelandcello Where you see Home, Applicant & My Howdy, you would see 3 more tabs, My Finances, My Records, Student Life.

Keep checking through the day. Last year my nieceā€™s tabs didnā€™t change until around noon when others appeared earlier in the day. Good luck!

youā€™re on the right page @Michaelandcello now just look up and to the left

My son still has 3 tabs - 13% and 29 ACT (28 in Math and English, 29 Science, 32 Reading). BIMS major. Applied 9/30.

Congratulations to those getting 6!

@tpmp11 thanks for saying that. I was feeling pretty defeated

Do we know if six tabs is open for full admission or if thatā€™s for Blinn team and gateway too?

@noah4151 itā€™s my understanding that if offered team you will initially only have three tabs. once you accept an option then you get six tabs.

My son did not have 6 tabs but got the option to choose Galveston, McAllen, or Blinn-Bryan this morning. I logged into howdy and then went to the applicant tab and then clicked on the AIS before this option came up. I wish I had took a screen shot of what it said so that I can remember the wording exactly but basically it said that the freshman class was full and there would be no more full admission offers. I donā€™t know if this means just the engineering class is full or if the whole freshman class is full. My son is a little hesitant about the Blinn-Bryan thing. I have heard both good and bad so would love any feedback anyone could offer. He has got a full offer of admission & scholarship to LSU for Mechanical Engineering as well so it looks like we have a lot to consider. I would LOVE for him to be close at Texas A&M but at this point I donā€™t know what he will choose.

@DoodleMom2001 check out these two threads on perspective:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2049387-tamu-blinn-team-fall-2017-parent-perspective.html#latest

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2125248-perspective-from-current-blinn-team-student.html#latest

@AggieMomAgain has some very insightful information that should help!

@DoodleMom2001 Wow this is scaring me a bit this morning my sons status says still in review and I do not have six tabs in Howdy and my sons grades were almost Academic Admit he was in the top 11% but I hope what your thinking is not true with the freshman class being full. I am totally freaking out.

@IT22379 what major is your son applying to?

So if i dont have 6 tabs right now i probably wont get full admission right? and are we expecting the wave to go out later tonight?

@223hopeful from what ive read we are expecting waves throughout the day, nobody at my school has 6 tabs that ive talked today at my school, fingers crossed im in the same boat

@noah4151 He didnt make his first (May) his second is Science: Mathematics