TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@wolfgang54 Congratulations! That is great news and we are excited for you. Gives us hope on class rank assignment. Thank you for sharing!

I also forget to mention that Iā€™m an OOS applicant.

When did you apply:09/29
When did you get your UIN:10/2
When did you receive your admission decision: still waitingā€¦
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Class Rank: 83/661
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1260
ACT (with Sub Scores) 26

We are on pins and needles waiting for this decisionā€¦

@texasstrong As Thelma2 said, thereā€™s no ā€œpriorityā€ for Mays. Whatā€™ are your stats? Most review applicants will not hear until after the first of the year. But yes, some will, and have already heard back. I have only seen Mays students accepted so far (besides Engineering) as review candidates. This is different than past years. Usually all majors hear each ā€œwaveā€ and auto/academic admits hear as they are processed.

@papimama501 Rank is based on your school demographics. Thereā€™s not set in stone GPA that puts one into the top quartile. They have to weigh each student based on their peers.

Howdy!

When did you apply: October 14th
When did you get your UIN: October 17th
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Animal Science
Class Rank: 147/546 (Top 26-27%)
GPA: 3.97
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1260 (670 Reading/Writing; 590 Mathematics)
ACT (with Sub Scores): N/A

Texas A&M is my first choice school! Curious what my chances would be into the main school!

Thanks!

@DanaCS I honestly feel you are borderline with rank and SAT score. Thatā€™s only 50% of what makes up admissions, so if your EC/LOR/Essay etc are stellar, then you have a shot. With just this info, I would say you have a chance, but may also get TEAM, which is a great alternative! The Ag dept at TAMU is fantastic, from profs, TAs and advisors. So when you end up here, youā€™ll be in good hands! Keep us posted and Best of Luck!

When did you apply: OCT 15
When did you get your UIN: Oct 17
When did you receive your admission decision: 11/6/18
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Engineering
Class Rank: 5/234
GPA: 4.31 W
ACT 36
SAT 1580
AP classes: 9
out of state student

@Gufusus Wow - perfect score on ACT and almost on SAT?! Where else did you apply? Surely you will have tons of options with those scores. But TAMU is the best. :slight_smile: Congratulations!

@AggieMomhelp

When did you apply: July 14th
When did you get your UIN: July 17th
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Mays
Class Rank: Homeschooled - A&M assigned 1st Quarter
GPA: 4.00
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1440 (640 Reading/Writing; 800 Mathematics)

As of today, I have 40 dual credit hours and will finish 13 more on December 12th with overall 4.0 GPA. Plan to take 9 hours in the spring for a total of 62 hours when I graduate in Spring 2019.

Varsity basketball, 4H, Soccer referee since 12 yrs old, 3 great LORā€™s (one from dual credit Professor), worked at Christian summer camp past 2 summers

HYPM
Brown
MIT
Duke
Cornell
Villanova
Vanderbilt
Notre Dame
UMDCP

@Gufusus , Iā€™m super hyped that Texas A&M made your list of impressive schools to apply to! Are you a National Merit Semi Finalist? A&M has scholarship money for you if you are!

@texasstrong Hey be careful on your Dual credit hours (FYI, great stats). Coming in with that many DC hours may hurt you. All of them are applied to transcript unlike AP hours. Could hinder you in major selection. You shouldnā€™t have a problem with getting into TAMU but Mays could be full by then. What is your back up major? Maybe research that and speak with an advisor from that dept to see about so many hours as a freshman. For instance some majors wonā€™t even let you change your major into theirs if you have more than 60 hours. Just donā€™t want you to be limited.

When did you apply: Oct 13
When did you get your UIN: Oct 16
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit:Review
Major/College of Choice: Animal Science
Class Rank: 190/633
GPA: 94.57 with 7 AP classes
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1400 (700 Math/ 700 Reading)
ACT (with Sub Scores) 32 (English 31/ Mathematics 29/ Reading 34/ Science 32)
FFA Chapter Vice President, Yearbook Editor

A&M is my first choice and Iā€™m hoping to maybe(!) hear back before Christmas, any input on the chances of that?

@isabellaleigh Your ranking is the only thing hurting you, but I honestly feel you have a great chance with that ACT score and being just above the 1st quarter mark. Best of luck and keep us posted.

@wolfgang54

When TAMU assigns the class rank, they donā€™t consider any information from the school about previous years. they look at the studentā€™s GPA in relation to their schoolā€™s grading scale. TAMU also does not consider where a student attends high school when making the admission decision and gives no consideration to how competivie (or not) a school is.

All transcripts are looked at by an analyst and sometimes rank can be modified by A&M based on the the schools grading profile and other factors unknown to the general public.

@texasstrong. Hey why arenā€™t you an academic admit? Top quarter and that SAT???

@texasstrong

What are you sub scores for Math and EBRW on the SAT?

When did you apply: 10/15
When did you get your UIN: 10/17
When did you receive your admission decision: NA
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Computer Engineering
Class Rank: Tamu assigned 1Q (1/48, international school)
UW GPA: 4
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1430 (EBRW 670, Math 760)
ACT (with Sub Scores)

My school is outside US . The curriculum is different but it satisfies Tamuā€™s required coursework. I am wondering if I qualify as an Academic admit.

@Thelma2 -
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1440 (640 Reading/Writing; 800 Mathematics)

A&Mā€™s auto admit is SAT: Total score of 1360 with at least 620 Math and 660 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW)