TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@WantabeAg On My Howdy, pre-acceptance you will see the default tabs: Home, Applicant & My Howdy. Upon acceptance, the new additional tabs are an indication of acceptance - those tabs are: My Finances, My Record & Student Life.

It reminds me of the movie “Groundhog Day”, but it’s more like ‘Christmas Eve Day’. That feeling you get when you wake up thinking that day has finally come where you get to open up all those presents, especially that one you’ve ‘always wanted all your life’
and then realize it’s still only Christmas Eve morning and “Baby it’s cold outside” is playing on radio 
again.

Thank you! Found the tabs.

@TXDad56 ???

does anyone know how long it is taking them to process documents? i submitted my transcript on November 30th and on my howdy it shows they received it but haven’t processed it.

Just called the admissions office and was told they will not be sending out notifications until early February. She said no notifications will be sent in December or January. Hopefully this is incorrect!! UGH!!!

@txmom23 I feel like they are just trying to confuse everyone and keep us guessing. Seems everyone is getting different information when they call. Maybe they have a random answer key to use when someone asks. :-j

@txmom23 That is just mean of her to say that. I wonder if each one of us called every day (one call per person per day), how many different answers would we get?

@JaceyK I am afraid to call anymore because they seem to be keeping track since they knew I used chat to ask the same question as on TexAg
ughhh :-S

@AggieDreamin I asked TAMUAdmissions on the TexAg forum. :slight_smile: Answer will probably be just as vague as the others. Sigh.

@Marianacoss
My dtr submitted her first transcript 11/20. It took a week to process. BUT her class rank was supposed to be on the transcript and it never processed. She called and she found out the HS counselor failed to include her class rank. We sent in another transcript with her class rank. It was sent 11/30, showed received 12/3 and today she FINALLY received the beautiful green check mark and is now in the review process. I also emailed to make sure they received it because it was so slow to process. I was told it could take 3-4 weeks for items to process because they received so many documents.

Can you tell me the thread title on the TexAg forum you are talking about? Desperately trying to find any updated info on timing for Engineering Review admits. My son has been under Engineering Review since 9/20 and I was thinking we would hear something by mid December, but now it appears that is not happening. Ugh!

@AggieDreamin Can you tell me the thread title on the TexAg forum you are talking about? Desperately trying to find any updated info on timing for Engineering Review admits. My son has been under Engineering Review since 9/20 and I was thinking we would hear something by mid December, but now it appears that is not happening. Ugh!

I am bummed. I saw that there were a bunch of new posts - and I thought some decisions had come out. Darn.

@lifetraveler8 this is the second page of that thread
https://texags.com/forums/17/topics/2961491/replies/53359423

My daughter just got off the phone with an admissions counselor and unfortunately, I think it made her feel worse. They told her that if she is 2Q that is all they know. They will not know she is 25.x%. Also told her that to be “competitive” she needed to be in 1Q and have a test score of ACT 28/29 or SAT of 1330. That being said, he didn’t even ask what her desired major was and certainly didn’t pull her file as they said they would. Additionally, they told her notifications would not be out until January. I am about over all this and want it to be decided
one way or the other.

I’m sorry @AggieDreamin - that’s a bummer.

Any chance of getting admission in College of Engineering for my son? In application: 1st choice major Computer Science, 2nd Choice major Computer Engineering, he wants to do Computer Science:

Details:

• 3.75 GPA
  • Rank in 2nd Quarter (333/750)
  • SAT: 1230 (math: 700)
  • Lot of APs including Computer Science AP.
  • Computer Science Club 2 years (1 hour a week), Volunteer 2 years (2 hours a week), Competed in UIL Compter science but didn’t win any.
  • No work experience.
  • Applied in late Oct, didn’t hear any acceptance or rejection notice yet from university or COE

Thanks,
VK.

@lifetraveler8 There is not a timeline for decision release. They come out when they show up.

@VK13 The past two admission cycles, using rank and test scores, where your son falls, being that his math score is 700, if he is offered admissions, a possibility might be Blinn Engineering Academy offer of admissions or Engineering at Galveston. A lot depends on his calculus and physics readiness per the rest of his application.

That stinks that your daughter talked to someone who made her feel worse. Does your school use Naviance? If so, have you looked at the scattergram for your school’s acceptance into A&M?