TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

trying to be patient bt it is hard…

My daughter has been accepted to the University of TN and the College of Engineering. Her 1st choice is TAMU. We live in Tennessee but I am from Houston.

When did you apply: 10/15/18
When did you get your UIN:10/18/1/
When did you receive your admission decision: waiting
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical or Bio Medical Engineering
Class Rank:18 out of 140 @ a Highly ranked STEM school.
SAT 1310
ACT 25 (math 27)
GPA: uw 3.89 / w 4.25
AP classes: Human World Geography, Chemistry, Stats, Lang, Latin, Dual Enrollment : English 1010
Mentor to students, NHS, SGA, Science Olympiad, Band 1, Competitive dance 10yrs, Teaches dance to under priviledged kids

What are her odds of getting in to one of the engineering programs?

@CaliMck15 When did your DD send in her application?
If it was at or close to the December 1 deadline, and supporting documents sent by Dec 8, it could be that her transcript has not been processed yet, as it seems, by the notice A&M has placed on the Applicant Information System (AIS) that they received a large number of applications/paperwork and it can take a few weeks to process the paperwork, as all transcripts are looked by an analyst.

If her application and supporting documents were sent some time ago, and AIS shows incomplete, I would definitely call and find out the issue and see if it can be rectified, though the deadline has passed.

@DaughterEngineer What is her math SAT sub score and what physics and Calculus classes has she taken?

Honors Pre Calc as a Junior with an A, Currently taking Honors Physics, math SAT sub score 680. She is a terrible test taker.

AIS shows App complete and in review

@Thelma2

@AggieMomhelp

I was wondering what my chances were for computer engineering.(I have yet to get into the university)

SAT: 1400

710 Math, 690 reading

GPA: 3.64 on a 5.0 scale (school does not rank)

ECs:

marching band all four years

almost an eagle scout (will be by January)

140+ volunteer hours at humane society and the veterans affairs hospital

Hi! What stats do you need to get into Chemical Engineering? Do you need to take SAT subject tests? What type of SAT score do you need and what type of ACT score? Any other required items that make you stand out?

@learner234 what quarter did Tamu put you in? It’ll be on your AIS.

@freshman19 no subject tests. Go to the engineering thread on this site. Lots of stats to compare. Keep in mind you only get into general eng as a freshman. You then apply for major after freshman year and you’ve hit the course requirements.

@Thelma2 My daughter submitted all her documents 11/14 and her portal lists all the necessary documents as received. Looks like the school submitted them 3x. The Red X is located next to Class Rank (her class doesn’t rank). It is just perplexing because everything is there, but the message “My App Is Incomplete” is highlighted above. We will give admissions a call tomorrow. Thanks for the advice

@AggieMomhelp My transcripts have not been processed despite being sent on the 26th of November, so my application is still “incomplete”

Check your portals! It’s 8:15 EST and my son’s tabs just changed from 3 to 6, but nothing in AIS quite yet. I’ll post my son’s stats after I have a cup of celebratory coffee!!! He’s been accepted to Baylor and Trinity as well, so decision time. Good luck today, everyone!!!

P.S.
Engineering out of state in review applicant

My son has 6 tabs!! This is the last school he was waiting to hear from. Review admit, already accepted to UT Austin.

WE HAVE SIX TABS!!! WHOOOOP!!! still going to wait for official letter, but it’s looking good!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Good Morning!
I just noticed 6 TABS on the Howdy portal this morning, but AIS still showing “under review”…
But my daughter is now thinking of going into a different school. TAMU was her first choice, but she also applied for a pre nursing program at UTA as " a plan B" and got an offer for the Presidential Scholar (10K), Mavericks Merit Scholarship (8K) and a “guaranteed place in the junior year nursing major courses”.

I see people asking what quarter did TAMU put you in… What is this about? Where it says class rank originally for my daughter it said 1st quarter which I thought was because our school system in Tennessee did not want to give my daughters rank. Then after many emails and phone calls her school ended up giving her class rank and now it shows that.

6 Tabs!! I’ll post stats later when I get a chance but he was in 2nd quarter.

Got 6 tabs today