TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@GermanMama When did your son apply?

Majors also changed to ā€œGeneral Engg (CS track)ā€. :smiley:

So excited for everyone. And yes please post stats. Not necessarily ECs but rank and test scores and major.

Whoop! AIS should update today or tomorrow. Also, you can confirm major under ā€œmanage applicationsā€ in Howdy.

@GermanMama, our son applied around July 10th. Like @HeBleedsMaroon, our son was in the 2nd quarter, so we were nervous after what weā€™ve read, but his ACT was 31 and SAT was 1330. He also had a few strong LORā€™s, so thinking that maybe that helped too.

Congratulations Yaā€™ll!! Iā€™m sure youā€™re breathing a big sigh of relief. My son still has 3 tabs, hoping the changing tabs is not done for the day. Thanks @aggiedad2023 for recapping stats, helps those of us still waiting.

Still looking at 3 tabs with son in 1st quarter and a 1330 SAT but he didnā€™t apply until 11/2. Practicing patience.

congratulations to the newest six tabbers!!!

Do the tabs get updated at the same time or is it worth refreshing all day ??

Just checked and still 3 tabs. My son is a review admit and applied before the 10/15 early decision deadline.

What are the ā€œsix tabsā€ everyone is talking about? Iā€™m sure this question has already been answered, so apologies for asking againā€¦

I feel your pain @miaggie1 - mine applied July 2 with a 30 ACT and 3.8 (non-ranking private school) but is 2nd quarter rank at TAMU. Hoping all the ECs, LORs and resume make the difference soon! Not to mention a difficult senior schedule.

Congrats to all those no longer in the waiting game. Have a blessed holiday.

@GermanMama what do the extra 3 tabs show?

So if the six tabs arenā€™t showing as of yet, is it time to wait for the next wave in January or are they changing them throughout the day?

@LilBrazil My DD is in the pre nursing school at UTA and has applied for upper level and will know in March for fall 2019. It is a great school and program. Either school, she will have to work her tail off to keep her overall GPA and Nursing School pre-reqā€™s GPA in the 3.75+ to be competitive for upper level acceptance. A&M is also good for nursing. Your D canā€™t go wrong with either.

Congrats to all the six tabbers! My portal still shows 3 tabs, and I applied on 9/17 with all files in by 10/3. I guess I will be waiting for the January wave.

Congratulations to the ones getting 6 tabs! What majors did you apply for?

@sdwims Kudos. January is usually a flurry of decisions with lots of full admission decisions. That is the typical time for review admits. Being top quarter and a 730 math score, I think you have a pretty good shot at full admissions and if not College Station, then first year at Galveston and transition to College Station thereafter. Hang in there.

Can you please tell me what everyone is talking about when they ask what quarter did TAMU put you in? Originally my daughters class rank said 1st Quarter but I thought that was because her school did not want to release rank. After many emails and phone calls they finally released her rank and it now says that under class rank.

6 tabs on Howdy update once a day, typically before 7 or 8 CT. I have never seen tabs appear throughout the day, so sadly there may not be another wave til January (but who knows, thereā€™s always tomorrow). @papimama501 Iā€™m surprised with that GPA heā€™s 2nd quarter. My nephew applied mid November. Heā€™s home schooled with a 3.4 GPA and got 1st quarter (assigned yesterday). You may want to ask how they assign ranks.

@lifetraveler8 In Howdy when you are in review, you only have 3 tabs at the top of the portal. Then it changes to 6 tabs to include:Home My Record My Finances Student Life Research My Howdy
Thantā€™s actually 7 tabs (on my sonā€™s howdy who is a freshman now).

Thelma2, I agree about the UTA nursing program. It is one of the best! I graduated from them and have only great things to say about it. She understand how competitive the program is and knowing that she already got accepted into the nursing program upper division is making her decision easier :slight_smile: I am a proud mom !