TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

DS has 6 tabs today! OOS Engineering, 2Q, review admit. Nervously waiting for AIS to update… and, of course, to receive an email or letter.

@thelma2 I didn’t even catch that everyone getting tabs is Engineering. Is that the case for sure? Some aren’t posting stats and majors and I’m way too busy to go look back… = )

@CAUltraMom , Can you give stats

I got 6 tabs today… applied under Kinesiology major!

@Thelma2 My daughter has taken Honors Pre Calc and is currently taken Calculus, she is also taking Physics now. Math subscore was 680. She gets so nervous when taking tests and her scores are always lower than what she does in the classroom.

6 TABs my daughters stats:
SAT 1320
138/546
Major - Biology
43 dual credit hours

@Thelma2 Thanks. I figured a reject was unlikely early, but I was hoping for something (Full or Deferred). It sounds like if you are a review admit, the ED really doesn’t do much for the candidate. I am thinking that my son is on the fence for full admit with a 1310 SAT (700 math), 1st Qtr, and AP Calc AB and AP Physics (plus good essay, ECs, and 2 recommendation letters) and a very high likelihood of Blinn team if not full admit. Do you think that is a fair assessment.

What were your stats @aggiehopeful96?

@miaggie1 My assessment is that would be the minimum of acceptance. He should be good.

Oh WoW! I am so happy for everyone who has 6 tabs today! Congratulations to you and your kids:) I checked for my son’s and his is still 3 tabs. He applied for Biochemistry. So we will probably have to wait till next year. I believe that doors open where you are supposed to enter so congratulations to everyone whose doors opened today. We will wait at the door for a little while longer.

Congrats to all on the 6 tabs! We are pulling for everyone to get the good word and so excited for those that are on their way to Aggieland! Keep the info on stats/major coming…it helps the rest of us while we wait.

@BlueBayouAZ I have a 4.01 gpa, top 18%, with a 1280 on my sat and have taken 4 AP classes throughout high school. I applied late July.

@aggiehopeful96 was the GPA weighted or unweighted?

@AggieDreamin Weighted, the highest possible for my school is a 5.0

Education major daughter 3.98 GPA, 1190 SAT top 15% of a class over 1600 students. Chances? Also what are the tabs you are talking about she says hers has 23?

Got an email at 0840 this morning saying “accepted” into General Engineering ! So thankful ! Whoop !
AIS/Howdy portal updated confirming .

Praying for great news to be heard by all who we have been sweating out together in this process!

Applied to Engineering July 16, 1400 SAT, !st Quarter,

has anyone heard about the biomedical sciences program? if it’s full or still accepting? Waiting to hear back still.

When did son apply: 7/10/18
When did son get his UIN: 7/13/18
When did son receive his admission decision: 12/20/18
Son was an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Ag & Life Science
Class Rank: 2nd Qtr. TAMU assigned
SAT 1330
ACT 31 (Math 28, English 32, Reading 34, Science 30)
GPA: uw 3.21
Two very strong LORs

@go4gift not a peep that I have heard on Biomedical Sciences. There was one admit today for Biology. I don’t believe there is a cap on # admitted like there is for Engineering or Mays. Seems on this forum that mostly auto and academic admits have heard and reviews are still pending.

@HeBleedsMaroon This gives me hope! Basically all the same stats except 3.5 GPA and only 1 strong LoR. No tabs today though, is it possible tomorrow?