TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@CuriousG13 I wouldn’t worry at all. Very few review candidates have received acceptances. There will be more waves hopefully starting mid Jan. Hang in there. It is a long and frustrating process but you are not alone.

My son applied on 7/1 and is a review admit as well. I was under the impression that A&M based decisions on a “first come first served” basis according to when the application was submitted. Guess that’s not true with regards to review admits??? Does anyone know for sure if this is or isn’t the case? I would say it isn’t and looks like they go solely off of class rank first?! Thoughts…

I’ll post my sons stats again:
Applied: 7/1
Still awaiting admissions decision
Review admit
Major: Mays/Communications
Top 26%
3.62 gpa uw/ 4.68 w
Sat: 1290, R-650, M-640
Lots of EC’s, 2 LOR, leadership, volunteer hours, will have 21 college credits

Curious if he’s going to get Blinn Team or full admission offer. Dying!!!

Still no answer for my review admit OOS daughter, who applied in September with a 1340, tons of extra curricular hours, and a 4.1 GPA/3.85 UW
Top 25%
She is a Visualization major.
I hope she hears in January!

Hi guys, I don’t know when it happened, but I’ve been accepted into the college. I’m not sure how to check if I’ve also been accepted into engineering as well?
Any help on where to find it?

Congratulations! When did you apply?

October 13th for the early action engineering deadline

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp @AggieDreamin
Any help/ideas?

@dyl3131 @Thelma2 is the expert for engineering but have you checked your AIS to see what it says for major?

@AggieDreamin it says
General Engineering
(Mechanical)

Do you know what that means?

@dyl3131 that means you got into TAMU Engineering and you’re on the track for mechanical engineering. Everyone who applies to engineering takes general engineering courses their first year and then they declare their major later on.

https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/first-year.html

CONGRATS ON GETTING IN!!!

@dyl3131 Congratulations!

DS took SAT and got the same score but different breakdowns (710/580 one time, 680/610 last time) - any idea on how they’ll look at that? Also, his portal is showing a red x for class rank but he couldn’t control that as it comes from his HS guidance counselor; it was all received on time but both rank and transcript showed yellow exclamation mark for about 4 weeks now; finally changed and the transcript shows good to go, but the class rank is showing red x. Not sure what to do. Thx!

@GoodBull91 to PM me, click on my name in blue. It will take you to a page that you will click a button to send a message. Sorry, I have been away a few days.

@dyl3131 If your AIS says general engineering, then that means you have been accepted into the engineering program. Congratulations!

On your AIS, at the top, it says My App Status, My Bio Info, My Test Scores, My Communications, Contact Us.
Click on My Communications
Click My Letters
You should have a letter there with your admission decision

@dyl3131 , congratulations! I’ve been wondering about you since it’s been a while. Also, check “Manage Applications” under the Applicant tab in Howdy. Look at what is listed for application status, major and Program.

Thank you everyone!!
I had almost stopped thinking about A&M honestly because I was planning on going to University if Louisiana at Lafayette with my best friend on a 90% scholarship.

But I don’t know what to do now :frowning:
I want to go to A&M, but not sure how much if any scholorships I could get

Are there any out of staters on this page? I’m curious to see where ppl are from outside of Texas. I’m personally from Philly, and I have been accepted on December 20th, but I didn’t check my portal until today. While I love Texas A&M, I’m just a bit overwhelmed that everyone already knows each other. Also I can post my stats if that is helpful.
Major: economics (school of liberal arts)
SAT: 1300 (590 reading, 710 math)
GPA: 4.2
(I also go to a private school which is a funnel school for UPenn, last year 9 kids out of a class size of 100 went there)

@Thelma2 A&M put me in the 2nd quarter and my SAT score is 1400, math score is 710, do you think I still have a chance?

I just wanted to say hang in there to those who don’t have a decision yet (including my kiddo!) it’s a long wait for sure. She submitted as a review applicant 10/1 and still nothing. She’s an excellent student with a 4.5 gpa (I know A&M doesn’t look at that but still) she has amazing LOR’s, stellar essay, and a ton of EC and community service, #26 out of 350, dual credit, but, very average test scores. While we know the test scores may make this a long shot, I want to say, she’s had several classmates get accepted with lower test scores, and all around lower stats than her in general. I know it’s said that A&M is extremely selective about test scores, I’m curious to hear if anyone else has had a child with average to low scores, but was accepted anyways. There are lots of threads about high test scores getting accepted, but I’m curious to hear the success stories when it’s a student with excellent everything else but average scores!

@kvl2200 can you post your rank/A&M assigned rank?