TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@AggieThings My daughter’s first choice is also Nutrition. We are still waiting for a decision as well. If I understand the programs correctly, Blinn TEAM does have a transfer agreement for Nutrition but PSA does not, so my daughter is hopeful that she’ll receive at least a Blinn TEAM offer. My son went through TAMU/Blinn Engineering, and he is now a Junior TAMU Engineering (MMET) student. Based on his positive experience, we would be thrilled with a Blinn TEAM offer for our daughter!

Your stats look really strong, so hang in there and best of luck to you and others who are still waiting! Keep us posted!

Just for reference, here are my daughter’s stats.

Applied November 5
1st choice Nutrition, 2nd choice Health

SAT 1230
Reading/Writing-640, Math-590
GPA 4.2
Private, non-ranking school in Texas, assigned 1st quarter by TAMU.

Over 300 volunteer hours, 2 Gold President’s Volunteer Service Awards - one from Obama, one from Trump.
Several other philanthropy awards. Also received awards at local and regional Science and Engineering Fairs three different years - Best in Fair, 1st place in category, etc. Mentored middle school kids with their Science Fair projects.

5 AP classes (Human Geography, Biology, Physics 1, Calculus AB, 2-D Art & Design)

Part time job with team leader responsibilities Junior and Senior year.

NCL, NHS, Spanish Club, Culture Club, Pre-Med Club, several other clubs at school, JV Volleyball 2 years.

3 strong letters of recommendation from (I know they supposedly only read 2)

Will there be any engineering full admit decisions this week <jan 20th-24th=""> (i am an academic admit) or were all of them sent out last week?

Checked Reddit. The Aggie Moderator for admissions stated that the majority of January deferrals will begin receiving their decision in the coming days (January 13th-24th). For engineering, you should see a decision by the 24th for full acceptance. January 27th-31st is when the first Engineering academy offers will roll in.

The first ‘wave’ of review applicants will see results this week of January, most of these will be non-engineering majors. The second ‘wave’ of review admits will be notified the last week of January and the first week of February.

Yes…we think it’s a great program as well. Our applicant is 1st: LibArts, SEAL (Society Ethics and Law), 2nd PolySci. I’ll look again, and prey those are listed. Thanks again!

wow I haven’t been here in months and now there are 106 pages! so, needless to say, I haven’t checked all the responses, but my daughter got her acceptance early December. She’s a review admit into International Studies. and she DID get 6 tabs before AIS changed the next day. about a week after that we got the sign in the mail.

@gogogogobruins congrats for your daughter and her acceptance! that is so exciting. do you mind sharing her stats?

Hi All, I have been watching this forum for couple of months. My Kid was accepted to General Engineering on Jan 14 (AM). Non-auto, holistic review, 1420 SAT and 3.6/4.0 GPA. Good luck to all. Thanks for the valuable information shared by all.

@ 287hwy

Thank you for sharing! Congratulation to your child on being accepted. Wa the GPA weighted or unweighted? What was the class rank if you don’t mind sharing. I wonder of they place more importance on test score, GPA or class rank. Just trying to ease the stress of waiting :slight_smile:
Mine is waiting for a decision as well, has similar stats so hopeful that we get the good news soon. Can you share what the “six tabs” are - I see a lot of posts saying that they saw that on the portal before acceptance, but am mot sure what they are referring to.

@TXgreen
In Howdy all applicants have 3 tabs “home” “applicant” “my record”. The additional 3 are added upon admission…but usually before AIS updates so they have always been seen as a precursor of good things to come…they are “my finances” “student life” “my howdy”

My son was admitted on 1/14 to General Engineering. He was an auto admit.

@TXgreen
The 6 tabs are: Home-Applicant-My Record-My finances-Student Life-Research-My Howdy.

Weighted GPA 4.0 Scale. Assigned to Top quarter rank.
Even we did not expect to come in soon since applied after early decision date 10/15. Applied 11/19. My guess is due to strong essay and resume presentation.
Hang in there should be accepted next week.

anyone applying to the english major hear of their decisions yet?

When did you apply: 10/16/19
Class Rank: 78/501 (top 15%)
GPA: 3.75 UW 4.0 W
ACT (with sub scores): 27 (31 English, 24 Math, 24 Reading, 27 Science)
SAT (with sub scores):
When did you receive your admission decision:
Are you auto admit or academic admit or review admit: review admit
Major/College of choice: English Major, School of Liberal Arts

@287hwy with those numbers and rank, your kiddo was in academic admit. Congrats!

I also think that strong essay and resume plays big role. My son was admitted to engineering in October. Right after he submitted his resume. He applied to A&M end of September, was admitted to A&M within a week on academic admit, with engineering review. After he submitted his resume additionally, A&M accepted him to engineering within a week.
My son’s status is nothing wow, but his essay was strong( he’s a writer) and resume was very good. I think what got him acceptance into engineering faster was his resume.
ACT 31, 4.1, 11%, all kind of AP classes, physics in college. Good stats but nothing extraordinary, but his resume is all about science and computers. He is proficient in Python 3, Java, and other program, has some certificates in Microsoft, was a team leader in building some games, built his computers etc. ( he got very diverse resume) I think that this aspect helped him. I think, in science or engineering it plays big role if you are a coder. He never worked manually, always thru computers, or tutoring. That’s why I think that resume plays a big role. Of course you have to have decent stats but these days you have to have something “extra” in highly competitive field studies like engineering. The same like you have to have portfolio in art to show your talent, you should have to be able to show extra with competitive engineering.

@TAMUAg and @ 287hwy

Thank you for sharing info about the 6 tabs!
I see “Home” " Applicant" and “My Howdy” on the portal. That doesn’t sound like either category that has been shared. Hopefully its nothing to worry about :frowning:

@icedmachiato.

Missed academic admit by 10 points in SAT reading. He had high math score though.
Thanks for the wishes.

I applied late November into the college of engineering and I had a 34 and good enough extracurriculars to get accepted but I have not heard anything yet. When I submitted my application they made their own class rank for me which they said I was in the second quarter but in reality for my school I am in the top 11%. I was wondering if this could maybe be a reason why I have not heard back yet?

@cantwaittogetin yes , them putting you in 2nd quarter is taking you out of auto admit ( assuming you are in state ? ) . That is a HUGE discrepancy in rank and if you were really 11% at time of transcript , I would contact admissions to discuss . They won’t tell you the algorithm they use to calculate rank , but it should not be that far off in my opinion. Hopefully others here have some advice for you as well .

@cantwaittogetin First…have you checked your Howdy portal to see if you have 6 tabs?

If not, is your school a non-ranking school? If so, do you have documentation (ie school profile) showing you at least in 1Q? You may be able to get a copy of it from your school counselor. The profile would provide TAMU the GPA cutoffs by quartile but not specific rank. What was your GPA? Seems strange they would have put you in 2Q if you barely missed top 10%.
If you have the profile, you might try calling and asking if you can appeal the ranking.

You may still be accepted with that high if an ACT but likely depends on your math sub scores and how well prepared you are based on high school math classes.