TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Yes, I am sorry…TEAM ONLY, FULL ONLY, or BOTH

We selected to be put on BOTH waitlists.

Daughter received the waitlist offer this morning as well. We chose to be placed on both lists.

I’m working on it. They were still using a waitlist about 10 years ago. I’ll go back through the common data set and look at the % that made it off the list for the last couple of years it was offered. Though it really won’t be of much value because it will be comparing Apples to Oranges. I’m not sure TEAM was around then and I’m sure the computer models for tracking admission are different. And there are a heck of a lot more people applying.

But from previous posts back in 2010 - it looks like admission folks were telling applicants that the list was NOT ranked - that everyone on the list was reevaluated in May.

So … is no watlist a pretty good sign you are being rejected? Seems like it would be a good idea to send rejections sooner rather than later so we can move on.

Can the people who got the offer to waitlist comment on what major they chose? Were any of them BIOLOGY? Can we assume that major is full, thus the waitlist offer? BTW one of my daughter’s classmates received a full offer yesterday. All I know if that she was a communications major and her ACT was a 27.

Waitlisted
Public Health
6.3/6 W
ACT 32
SAT 1400
I think I’m gonna go ahead and commit to LSU

@bcarltx I am not sure that is the case. However, I am getting sick and tired of this waiting game. My DD has other offers and if A&M isn’t going to accept her, she needs to move forward with her life…putting deposit down for housing, getting roommate, etc at other school.

@finsup What was your daughter’s choice of major?

Is this for engineering?

No. Mine was public health.
2Q
30 ACT
7 page resume of extracurriculars
200+ volunteer hours

So did you AIS change? Was the “My App is Complete and in Review” message gone, and there was a link to a communication? Just checking, because my son’s status hasn’t changed, and I’m not sure if I should be looking for a tab or link in AIS for the communication. Thanks for any clarification, this has been a little tough on the nerves.

@chilanga513 her first choice is Nutrition, second choice Health.

A look back at the TAMU waitlist is all over the place.

2006 (17,410 total applications)
Offered - 2925
Accepted - 1278
Admitted - 1062

2007 (18,817 total applications)
Offered - 1808
Accepted - n/av (whatever that means)
Admitted - 689

2008 (20,887 total applications)
Offered - 981
Accepted - 357
Admitted - 260

2009 (22,757 total applications)
Offered - 5869
Accepted - 2558
Admitted - 119

2010 (23,407 total applications)
Offered - 7700
Accepted - 1470
Admitted - 451

2011 (25,949 total applications)
Offered - 8044
Accepted - 3901
Admitted - 995 (982 TEAM)

2012, 2013, 2014 - Says “Yes” to having a waitlist policy, but then no data

2015 - “No” to the waitlist policy question.

Does anyone (Maybe @AggieMomhelp @AggieMomAgain @Thelma2 ) know when Blinn TEAM came to be? It looks like by the end of the waitlist - it was almost exclusively admitting to Blinn TEAM. That may have been only in the final year of the waitlist, I just don’t know. But the last year it was used to feed Blinn TEAM.

@2NDGENAGGIE I owe you an apology. With today’s BIG (& blindsiding!)news of Waitlist options then perhaps original offers of a TEAM place being declined may now result in doors opening for subsequent acceptance opportunities. I was basing my reply on my (limited) knowledge of the admissions cycles over the past 2 years.

Still no change for my DD. Hoping good news…

@chilanga513 My son listed Biology as his first choice of major and received the TEAM and Waitlist options this morning. We chose both TEAM and Waitlist.

On my AIS, the part where it says your app is complete and in review was gone and there was a page explaining the waitlist, blinn team, etc

No AIS change here either. Not sure if that’s a good sign or a bad sign.

WHAT?!?! You don’t have a crystal ball, or, make all admission decisions??!! Absolutely no need to apologize.

@tamuletmein Thank you