TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@bcarltx I was wondering the same thing. I wouldn’t call it rejection but PSA which to some is the same thing. I think my son will do PTA. The good part of that is he can live at home the first year and we would save $18K

@gig2002em My daughter is also Kinesiology and her AIS hasn’t changed. Still says she is in review. Hopefully College of Ed. will release something soon.

Hi, @AggieMom20and22 . My daughters are also class of '20 and '22! Hoping for '24! I have briefly looked in to the PTA. It looks promising. Have you talked to anyone about it? Maybe someone on the forum has experience with PTA vs. just transferring in as usual.

@gig2002em I applied for technology management and I also have “My App is Complete and In Review.” Hopefully someone knows when college of education comes out with the decision.

Okay… I’m sure it is simple, but can someone tell me how to private message someone?

My son is still in that status waiting for decision for Technology Management also. I think I am more stressed out than he is while waiting for a decision.

What exactly is the difference between PTA and “regular” transferring?

Is all PTA applications basically approved/accepted with a course plan of attack to move towards TAMU CS after finishing the required hours?

@Shellie14 my son is also KINE major and no change to his AIS. He applied in July so this has been a LONG 6 months! Am hoping no news is good news so far as no mention of any KINE offers yet that I have seen.

PTA is a contract you sign. They outline the requirements. Not all majors participate. Student has to complete 30 hours after high school and meet GPA requirements then they are guaranteed admission. With straight transfer, need minimum of 24 graded credits. 12 of them must come after high school. AND each major will have required courses to take and complete before applying. No guarantee, but easier, in my opinion, than doing PTA. PTA is very strict.

Also for the PTA, the classes taken must be at a Texas community college - not a 4 year public/private 4 year school.

Thank you AggieMomhelp and JaceyK for that clarification.

We have an admission advisor meeting next Wednesday. I am hoping to get some good direction of why/when/where/how, etc…and am studying up myself before going there with my daughter. It’s looking more and more like PSA from what I am seeing today, and that’s fine. We will find a way in. PTA or Straight Transfer.

Hi, just wanted to add our info so there is another data point to help figure all of this out. My son got the waitlist/TEAM option this morning. Applied July, top 10.5%, 1410 SAT (missed English by 10 pts). 1st choice - Business, 2nd choice - Sports Mgmt. Now we wait some more… Thanks @AggieMomhelp for all that you do here!!

Just an observation: Under “Manage Applications” from the Howdy portal, it looks the same as it always has showing “Under Review”. However, if you actually go to the AIS system, you may see you have been “offered options” as other people here have mentioned (waitlist, TEAM, or both).

Just sharing because at first I thought nothing had changed for my OOS son until we went the next step to go to AIS directly.

@houstonmom23 I’m shocked that those stats didn’t get him full admit in the first round… he’s so close to both academic and auto. Really really surprised. Hang in there. I bet he gets into main campus. He can take the spmt route then try change of curriculum to Mays after 30 hours at tamu.

Hi! Does anyone know if anyone from political science review has been accepted?

Hi! Does anyone know if anyone from political science review has been accepted?

No. Same boat. And by the looks of it, the Major might have been filed entirely by auto admits. Political Science applicant received waitlist this am. I can’t imagine a scenario where an applicants is offered Waitlist if space was still open, but hey, it’s college admissions, who really knows!

Exact same boat as you are! She got accepted to A&M and I’m happy to have a Baylor Bear in the family, but dang… $$$. Wish A&M would respond already!

Offer just came through for Blinn Team, Blinn Team and wait-list for full admit, and just wait-list!!! Finally. Been waiting since Sept.

Just an FYI…My daughter and I were up at Baylor all day yesterday to take all of the tours and meet with an adviser. We learned that Baylor is using a lottery type system on housing. So being the first to submit a housing application will not give you any more preference to a specific dorm than someone who applies in April. So my recommendation is do not pay the $500 deposit until you’ve heard back from A&M, and you know for sure if you’re going.