TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I am graduating with an Associate’s degree, and they still offered me the academy of engineering, even though I am not eligible.

thank you for responding!! is that to say i will 100% get the blinn bryan engineering academy? (since i selected the choice at around 8am the day it came out)

@arkeldi I can’t personally guarantee it but the chances are very very good. You are not going through another review and you got in early. Probably will be early next week by maybe check later this afternoon once Howdy is back up from maintenance to see maybe it updated overnight. I know it is hard but try not to stress much. ?

Those that are asking about blinn academy for engineers or blinn team I’m for other majors… please search on this site and even this thread. Lots of info here over the past several days so look through the last 10 or so pages and you’ll find info and links to better answer your questions.

As for rooming with the corps… you must be in the corps.

once you make your selection for pathways it is not binding Not until you finish your first week of classes are you truly committed. You’ll lose some money (mainly housing). Don’t accept if you don’t intend to take it, but don’t wait either hoping something better comes along!

Hope that helps some. But truly go through the wealth of info in this thread more details.

My son was put on waitlist, does anyone know when they might make decisions again?

@Dallas03 - My daughter contacted the admissions counselor and this was the reply:

The waitlist individuals will be hearing back on a rolling basis as we start gathering more information on available seats. This means you can potentially hear back sooner. (My daughter asked if it would be after May 1st to hear anything for waitlist).

He also stated Gateway is NOT an option for waitlist, and waitlist is NOT first come, first serve.

Does anyone know the required courses I have to take at both academy and Cstat in order to get auto admission into my 1st choice major next year?

(Sorry if this was answered already, I didn’t see if it was.)

@Akhil365 If you are referring to engineering, the link below shows you what all freshman engineers typically take. Read the footnotes! Of course, it depends on what credit (AP, Dual) students have or plan to accept. The below might change by class of 2024.

https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/engineering/aerospace/bs/#programrequirementstext

The link below describes the ETAM process, which all freshmen or sophmore engineers go through to get into their desired major.

https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/undergraduate/entry-to-a-major/incoming-class.html

I know its a lot to process, but take your time.

Thank you so much!!!

Also, if I take the option to do engineering academy at Blinn, would I have to be dual enrolled in Blinn classes for 2 years or just one before I become a full-time CStat student?

https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/academies/blinn-bryan/terms-and-conditions.html

You can read the terms and conditions of the program online.

@aggies8688 Thank you! I just wish we knew already.

Has anyone gotten a decision back from Tamu Engineering?
I applied in mid september but still have heard anything.

Same! At this point I just want to know my decision already.

My son got into General Engineering in College Station two weeks ago. He applied in early September. But the financial aid offer could not compete with the $12,000/year academic scholarship from UT Arlington. We are heading back to A&M for another tour next Saturday, but we already signed up for housing at UT Arlington and have another tour there in two weeks.

I hope to talk to someone in person at A&M about scholarships, but it looks like he will be declining TAMU and going to UT Arlington. We are not sure it is worth an extra $60,000+ in loans/cost for TAMU over UTA. Plus, the entry to major process is an unknown risk. He needs to get a 3.5 at TAMU to guarantee his major, while at UTA he needs a 3.0 to maintain his academic scholarship. First year salary for an EE grad from both schools are only a few thousand different.

A big chunck has heard back in the last couple of days. I know a few of the kids on this forum (me included) got our offers last Thursday. In my case, they offered me Galveston, McAllen, and the Engineering Academy at Blinn. Hope you hear back soon! Not sure if anybody else has gotten a full admit for engineering at cstat.

I’m much more of a lurker, but I wanted to respond to this.

There are MANY good schools in our great state. TAMU and UT are not the end all be all anymore like they were 25 years ago. They are our co-flagship universities and offer great educations and have great connections out in the world to help a graduate gain employment. However, it is up to the individual and how they use their education as to how much money they may make in their lifetime and how successful they will become, no matter what school is on that degree.

If UTA is offering your child something like that? That is very impressive and I believe your child should seriously consider taking it. Besides, UTA isn’t a second rate school, in fact it’s a very good school among many others here in Texas.

TAMU is a dream for so many, and I completely understand why. Hell, it’s TAMU, need anything else be said? No applicant should feel as though they will be getting a second rate education just because they don’t get accepted to TAMU or that they decide to go somewhere else.

Edit Wanted to clarify that I posted this not specifically to you, just have seen a lot of “worry” and “disappointment” posts on here about either not getting accepted and or the expense of TAMU compared to other schools.

Can someone recommend me any off-campus apartment buildings near TAMU to look at just in case I don’t get housing?

The Rise
The stacks
Domain at Northgate
North point crossing
Aspire

Park west (university property but not a dorm) Apartment style housing. It’s massive complex. Lots of different styles to choose from. Several fitness facilities and a huge rooftop pool.

Calloway house (across from baseball field) older but more dorm feel with a cafeteria

There are a ton of housing options here. The ones above are college housing primarily and these are ones that just came to mind. There are others that are probably less expensive without the resort style amenities.

@c10noe I applied for environmental design architecture, and landscape architecture as my second choice. I haven’t heard back anything. It still says “My app is complete and in review”