TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I don’t understand the logic of opening housing before applicants know with certainty via admissions that they have been accepted?

I read some of last year’s thread and saw that housing opened up last year before the official decisions went out. That is how people started figuring out they had been accepted before AIS updated.

@KelliJo - Same thing happened 2 years ago…we were able to sign a housing contract for my daughter one day before her AIS changed to accepted. I expect my son’s status to change tomorrow, since we completed his housing today.

I almost wonder if they do it to test out the housing application process the day before the first wave goes out, knowing that a number of people will always figure out how to submit the day before, and they can make sure everything is running smoothly before the big onslaught.

Well, many of the kids DID get acceptances last week and then they pulled them due to a clerical error. At that time, it did give a link to housing so…

My son’s howdy went to six tabs last Friday. Different things inside there showing major, etc. Wonder if that was planned or if that was early too.

Go check your AIS, ours just updated!!!

“Congratulations on your admission to Texas A&M University!l

AIS has now updated with acceptance! ?

“My Next Steps” has some wording NSC registration starting on Sept 20th. Go to “My Communications” tab / My Letters to see the official letter and college acceptance

@aggiemom2022 Whoop!!!

Woo hoo! If I’m reading this right, engineering has to wait for full acceptance before registration for NSC is available. Is anyone else reading it this way?

Hi everyone, I applied for housing earlier this afternoon, and have been intermittently checking AIS to check for my acceptance letter, and it’s finally there! So if you’ve been able to apply for housing or have six tabs but haven’t received your letter yet go ahead and check again. (time stamp says it went out at 4:50 PM)

When did you apply: 7/1/19 (transcript didn’t send until mid July)
Class Rank: 21/506 (top 10%)
ACT: 31 (subscores were academic admit)
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/19/19
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto & Academic
Major/College of Choice: Mays Business School (it notified I was in Mays upon receiving my admission decision)

ADMITTED!

Me, too! Academic Admit. Mays!
It’s been a long few weeks. Thanks everyone for the helpful information. I am sure I will have more questions to come.

Waiting game continue for engineering decision.

Hi everyone, I applied as an auto-admit and got my acceptance today! I have been anxiously watching this board for days to see when the decisions would come out, and when I saw that the housing portal opening this morning for those with six tabs, I texted my mom immediately from school so she could sign me up. Only problem is, she accidentally missed the last step of the application, and we only got it fully submitted about an hour ago. This gave me a phase II time of 19:09 (7:09 pm) on 10/10. Be honest, do you think this means that all the good residence halls will be taken?

@mcbarry02
Not at all, I think you’ll have a great priority slot for housing. Applications just opened today and you were able to get yours in. Congratulations on your Acceptance, whoo hoo!! ?

@bargainshopper75 Whew, good to hear. And thanks!!

Am I able to apply for housing even if I’m not ready to accept my spot yet?

@Imm130 -
Yes! You can apply to Housing without accepting the admission offer yet. There is just the $75 deposit. You would apply to NSC once you’re ready to accept.

@lmm130 for sure. Though it is non-refundable, the sooner you apply for housing the better in this case. I haven’t accepted my offer yet (though I plan to) and I’ve already applied for housing!

Whoop! Our son received his official acceptance on AIS this evening! Check AIS. They are releasing admissions!!!