TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@AJAggie13 Congratulations! I’m so relieved for y’all! As for the housing, don’t worry about it. Even if he doesn’t get what he wants, I think he can try to change dorms/rooms for most of the summer if spots open up. It will all work out! I think anywhere on campus is a great place to be!

NSC dates shouldn’t really matter either. They always reserve spots in classes for the NSCs that are later in the summer.

That’s good advice about reaching out if you feel as though something isn’t right. Computers aren’t perfect as they are run by imperfect people- LOL! Don’t be afraid to speak up!

It’s official! Daughter got congrats you’re admitted email. Full admit and her major is listed as business. Mays???

@mliefer
Congratulations to your daughter!! Wow, full admit to Mays, that is awesome!

Was she on the waitlist? If so, did she select both Full and Blinn waitlists. It’s encouraging that there are still Mays admissions, as it’s not common to see them occur past November. Congrats again, whoop!!

@bargainshopper75 she chose both waitlist and Blinn team option. She was in the first batch of waitlisters on Jan 17th so we were getting really worried.

Awesome. What are her stats. Never seen anyone get mays this late. Even some academics didn’t get mays because it was full. Congrats!!!

@AggieMomhelp
Valedictorian of a very small private school in TX(non-ranking)
4.0 GPA
1240 SAT
Officer for NHS, School Senate, Service Club
1600 hours volunteer work
Owns tutoring, child and petcare business
Countless hours of school and club sports, Volleyball captain Jr and Sr Years, All State

@mliefer Congrats to your daughter! wow!

Here is the timeline for my son…

July 18 - applied
January 31 - offered three engineering options
Feb 2 - Chose TEAB
Feb 11 - 6 tabs/CHange major went away in AIS (not in Howdy)
Feb 12 - email from Financial Aid offering rewards (loans), was able to accept in portal that day
Feb 20 - phyisical mail from financial aid
Feb 21 - sent message in AIS asking what was going on
Feb 27 - son sent another message in AIS (no reply to first)
Feb 28 - reply to first message apologizing for tech issue, promising decision posted on Monday, March 2 (didn’t happen)
March 2 - reply to second message in AIS saying there was a tech issue and decision would be posted Tuesday afternoon (March 3)
March 3 - Was able to log into housing and register
March 3, 3:30pm - AIS updated to Contulations!

Happy to share this info and hope it doesn’t happen again to anyone esle! Being the guinea pig wasn’t fun!

One bright spot is that his roomate was an auto admit and paid the deposit back in September… I think he should be fine in terms of dorm. Fingers crossed!

@mliefer WHOOP! Congrats to your daughter! I would think that being Valedictorian was a big factor in her getting into Mays. So glad they had a spot for her. With an SAT right in the average for TAMU freshmen, and a 4.0 she should be very prepared for the rigor and pace of TAMU. Being an Aggie in Aggieland is really special. :smiley: Happy for y’all!

@AggieMomAgain Thank you! Praising God for the opportunity she’s been given. We were shocked that she was able to get into May’s based on all the information we received about it being full. We’re thrilled and so proud of her.

Recently applied for housing in February (had the privilege of getting into Engineering Honors c.o. '24 way back in december, haven’t accepted but most likely will soon), and am hoping to get into White Creek apartments, but I heard they are in high demand, and apparently I also applied relatively late as well

does anybody have any info on my possible housing chances for White Creek, and also when phases 3 and 4 of the housing application will open?

Eek why did you wait? Rest assured you’ll probably get white creek especially if you’re going in as a single and just want to find a bed vs pulling people with you. There are so many units with multiple layouts so you have a great shot. Don’t be picky tho. You may have as many as 3 other roomies (but separate bedrooms). My son loved WC as a fish.

As for phase 3 and beyond, this is first year for this so I’m not sure of timeframe. Don’t fret tho, it’ll work out.

@joshky -

Phase 3 (Roommate Selection) will open tomorrow, Thurs 3/5/20 and remain open for a month.

Phase 4 (Notification of Scheduled dorm selection timeslot) will be in April-May.

For more info, here’s the Roommate Selection process page. I got the Phase timeframes from the bottom of this page.

https://reslife.tamu.edu/apply/procedures/roommate/

@bargainshopper75 @AggieMomhelp thanks for ur help and inputs

@joshky -
Update today from A&M housing guy -
“ Phase 3 of the Housing app will NOT be opening tomorrow. This is a very temporary delay and we are optimistic that the delay will be 24-48 hours. But please do not panic when phase 3 is not open tomorrow. Your students will be receiving an email with details about this tonight. Just wanted to give y’all a heads up.”

Has any waitlisted…now blinn team members received their welcome banner, yet?

Still waiting for banner…
Daughter was waitlisted, then Blinn Team acceptance 2/19…

nope, still waiting.

My daughter is an engineering student who was “waitlisted” from 1/31, found out she was accepted into the Academy of Engineering at Blinn on 2/20, and she received her banner on 2/29 in the mail.

At this point is there anyone out there still waiting for a decision? Meaning is everyone left on a waitlist?

is anyone elses housing portal breaking? i was able to get in for a few minutes but it loaded very slowly and now its just giving me error messages and wont let me log in