TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

My daughter just got an email - she is waitlisted. It states that they are making all final decisions for the class of 2024 weekly and to check your status. They said all decisions will be made by mid April. So… 3 more weeks. Fingers crossed to everyone in the waiting game!

@kbbeale
My son applied to the Blinn Brenham Academy in mid January and he hasn’t heard anything yet. He called a couple of weeks ago and they said to expect a decision early April.

Thanks for the update. Your daughter just now found out she was waitlisted? When did she apply?

@Aggiegirl94 - no, she was in the first group of waitlisters back in January. She applied in July.

@EngDad2024 The process here was to apply to the community college first, they then had to review his application to “pre-qualify” him for the Engineering Academy. We finally got that pre-qualification last week, and we immediately submitted his application through a unique TAMU link the school provided. It wasnt even an “app” really, more of basic information, name, bday, you’re not a criminal, etc.

Received email from TAMU today that they have received his application and now under “manage applications” on Howdy, it shows that he has an app open for the Eng Academy, but it also says “incomplete”. Not sure why it would be incomplete, but I thought Id give it a few days before trying to dig into that. To my knowledge, they have everything they need (SAT, current transcript, etc – plus anything else that TAMU required back in July when he 1st applied).

This hs been a process!

@kbbeale
A process for sure. Much appreciation for the others on here who have shared so much information and guidance.

The incomplete status was displayed a while for my son as well. He had not sent a transcript originally and we thought it may have been related to that. But eventually it switched to under review and has been that way since.

So all Gateway students were transitioned to Full Admits today.

What? they cancelled gateway? I mean I’m glad they didn’t just deny them after that but wow. Gateway is such a huge benefit… I can’t believe they are calling it already.

Thanks for the info!

Sounded like from the email, they were working on a fall program, and would update shortly…my son was a little sad (bc he’s ready get started! ?), but excited too.

“ With this in mind, we would like to share some measures we are taking to do what’s best moving forward. Because the expansion of online coursework this summer makes the traditional Gateway program challenging, we have decided to move all Gateway students to fully admitted for the fall semester. Students will still be required to participate in Gateway programming as a member of the cohort, and their major will remain General Studies. Details are being worked out and will be shared by Transition Academic Programs by Mid-April.

Please be assured that Texas A&M is here and ready for you to begin your journey as an Aggie. “

Is that how you read it?

BTW, my daughter was waiting on two very long-shot chances which came as no’s last night. So we signed up for NSC. I’m an Aggie Dad!

I am probably late to the discussion. I was in the 2nd Quarter of my class of a very competitive HS, but my SAT was 1460 and ACT was a 34. I got “wait-listed” and was told that I might be offered TEAM, but I still haven’t heard. Isn’t it really late to not hear if you’re getting TEAM or not?

I have other options (2 of them are pretty good), but I am surprised that I haven’t heard about TEAM yet. When do most of the TEAM offers go out?

@SlimJim001 - My daughter is wait listed just like you. My daughter received an email last week that stated the rest of the decisions for this year will go out weekly and that they should be completed by mid April. It said to check your Applicant Status each week. So… she continues to wait.

Good morning! Our daughter was on the 2nd wave of wait-listed kids (January 27-29th-ish). We got 6 tabs this am. Her major changed from business to economics, but showing at College Station. She was all-in no matter what and was already up for doing Stephenville for a year if needed, so I was the one on this forum and checking for updates all of the time. Your intel has been invaluable to this process and keeping us (me) sane. Especially when it started to get very quiet on here a few weeks ago. Her stats:
1250 SAT, top 15% in highly competitive school, Suma, sports, leadership roles on team and in academic UIL, volunteering, etc. We applied last August.

Keep the faith, good luck and once again THANK YOU for all of the support.

Hi,
This morning our’s changed from Business (To General University)–College Station& says Application Under Review. Went & checked and 6 tabs! Are we in for sure? What do we do next? What does this all mean!!! So excited to see something changing=as we really need a silver lining after all this chaos.

@anxiousaggie73 Congrats to you and your daughter! My son went econ his first 3 semesters and got into Mays this semester so it’s definitely doable if she wants to try after she completes required courses (and they are looking for As in those classes).

@aggiegirl94 Weird that it went to General University. but 6 tabs means you are in in some capacity, either team or gateway (which they aren’t doing traditional way this year). Keep us posted on what you find out please. And congrats!

Hi AggieMomhelp,

so if you go the econ route–the schedule is very similar I heard to Mays. do you know what the requirements were for him to transfer into Mays (gpa wise/other) --with that as a major? How long did it take him. That may be an option for us too! thank you for your kind words–

how long does it take for it to be “official” after the tabs change?

This morning I checked my AIS and it said “App is complete and in review”. I also got 6 tabs, however, my first choice major was gone (Business) and my second choice major was in place of it (Nutrition). I realized that I wanted to try and take the Economics route and internally transfer to business next year, so i quickly changed my major to Economics. However, at 5:00pm, it said I got into A&M for my second choice major. Does that mean that I didn’t get offered Blinn-Team?

Because I rather get Blinn team then full admission to my second choice major.

Also, I can still see the Change my Major button. Which is very weird, if I already got accepted to my second major.

It is very similar but you do need to pay attention to what he takes and follow the pathway to Mays. He’ll need 5 courses minimum. Econ 202 and 203, Eng. 104, Math 140 and 142. They look heavily on these 4 5 classes. My son had all As and 1 B in these and then overall with 40 credits he had a 3.78. You have to have a minimum of 30 TAMU graded hours as well. So my son was 3 credits short for the fall. He applied Jan. 2nd and found out Jan. 3rd and started in the Spring as a Mays Mgmt student. The app is short and sweet. It’s all about the grades and how ready you are for moving into upper level Mays. Hope this helps. Feel free to message me if you need to.

@bellanader So I would say that yes, if the change of major is still there, you can do that… to econ.