TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@maddiegurley Yes.

@RCAggie Me too. I think thatā€™s what happened to all of us who chose a business major for our first choice. Iā€™m not sure why. Hopefully we get an update tomorrow morning

My guess is that weā€™ll get full admission for our second choice major or blinn team for business

@maddiegurley Maybe theyā€™re waiting to see what happens with the Mays waitlist? If thatā€™s the reason for the holdup Iā€™ll be a bit upset because what I put as my second choice (HR in the School of Education) is now what I would prefer! Hahaha

@maddiegurley Letā€™s hope!

I did also want to congratulate all of those who received their notifications today that they were admittedā€¦Congrats to all!!

Ahhh! My daughter got 6 tabs. She announced it to her grandparents that she was in and we celebrated! ( We needed good news.) Today? 3 tabs. When her tabs changed to 6 her major changed from Viz to Environmental design. Now it says Viz again. What does this mean and how did it happen across colleges?

@2out1togo Same thing happened to me. We honestly have no ideaā€¦ I thought it just happened to the business majors. Now Iā€™m even more confused

@2out1togo You can go back and read all the posts from today, there are a few others that are in the same situation unfortunately:(
We are all trying to stay positive and hope to hear good news soon!

Updating my daughters stats for the next years group. We thought admissions this year was difficult to figure out, but next year is going to be a doozie with the changing of SAT/ACT testing due to the virus and if they do waitlist again.

When did you apply: July 10, 2019
Class Rank: Top 17%
GPA: 4.0 (we are in Georgia and the school does not weight or give extra for AP - but due to dad being Texas Resident - she is considered for Texas Residency.
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1290 (after 4th attempt - did meet minimums for math/reading)
ACT (with Sub Scores) 27 Math 27 Reading 35
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Waitlisted: Jan 2020
Decision: April 7, 2020 Full admit to College Station for 1st choice Major
Major/College of Choice: BA Chemistry (1st), BioChem (2nd) wanting to go into Pharmacy.
Extras: 3AP, Some Gifted classes, Certified Nursing Assistant Certification, 1 year of Band, NHS, Spanish Honor Society, but chose to work instead, currently working for Dermatology Office. Submitted everything ā€œextraā€ that was allowed.

My daughter was waitlisted for Full Admit & Team on 1/25. She got 6 tabs two days ago, and was finally notified as Admitted in AIS today.

My son was waitlisted/consider Blinn team option in late January. He got 6 tabs Tuesday and AIS finally updated yesterday. He fortunately got his first choice of construction science full time at A&M. He is super excited and we feel so blessed. I have appreciated reading all the posts over the last several months so thank you for all the information and encouragement. For those of you still waiting, donā€™t give up hope! Gigā€™em!

Has anyone heard any news today?!?

@Dallas03 Nope. I donā€™t think we will. Itā€™s Good Friday so we might not hear anything until Monday or Tuesday.

@Dallas03 @maddiegurley No, unfortunately.

The wait is horrible

We did not hear anything today either -just trying to stay hopeful.

My daughter was wait-listed and has now obtained full admission. International Studies major. She will most likely be declining it, as she has already decided on a different college.

Her stats are.
SAT: 1200
Lots of volunteer work and working with children with special needs.

We really didnā€™t think she would be admitted so she looked elsewhere. Hopefully someone who really wants to go to A&M can get her spot!

@mommabear27 when was your daughter notified? Thank you for sharing stats

@Dallas03 This past Thursday.