TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

has anybody who applied to engineering academy recieved anything yet?

@currenteagle - we’re in the same boat. No answer as of yet. We were told mid April
so we’re hoping this week. Tuesdays and Fridays seem to be the days things tend to change in Howdy. So check back tomorrow am after 7am and hope something changes!

Which Academy are you applying to? My son is through Northeast Lakeview in San Antonio.

@kbbeale I’ll be going to the one at houston community college! I’m very surprised that the engineering academy isn’t very popular.

@currenteagle - here, the reason is because not very many people know about it. We really stumbled upon it, just through my searching between the TAMU site and the other ways to be admitted. So, you haven’t gotten a response yet from TAMU yet? We received the approval from the JC and filled out a very short app through a special link they sent us to TAMU
and we’ve been waiting since then.

@kbbeale I haven’t heard anything from TAMU yet. Just checked howdy,AIS and email. I finished the interest form in december, got approved in early march (i finished the official application the same day I got the unique link but my app didnt get sent to review until late march due to transcripts and SAT scores being processed) Honestly if I get a decision this month I would consider that a fast response. Don’t universities send admission decisions like 2 months later?

I also stumbled upon this program when I decided that I wanted to go to A&M instead of U of H and was looking for ways to transfer from HCC to A&M. Maybe it’s not well known cause a lot of people still don’t really give community colleges the time of day so they won’t even bother to look into it. It was so hard to convince my mom to let me do the engineering academy because it was at a community college.

Has any had any news from admissions?

No

@Dallas03 No news here either
still waiting.

I got 6 tabs back again this morning and my major changed to my second choice major

We had 6 tabs as well on Howdy. Checked AIS and had “You’ve been Admitted”!

@RCAggie @maddiegurley
Great news!! Could you please share what your first and second choice majors are or were?

Has anyone heard anything about appeals this year?

@“Happy@RBeach” 1st choice Mays, 2nd Applied Math. Got 2nd choice

@“Happy@RBeach” My first choice was Mays and my second choice major was political science

Oh! My I hope this is really the end of the admission waiting. My daughter applied in August? She got accept to TAMU “family” in January 28. She had the three options. She choose waitlist and Blinn team. Last week, she got 6 tabs and then it changed back. Today, she got her second choice Environmental Design ( first choice Viz)., six tabs, a welcome message with a button to sign up for NSC.

Congratulations to everyone that was accepted today!

Congratulations to all the newest admits!!! Make sure you check out the other forum that’s called “TAMU 2024
After you’ve been admitted” to see further conversations. Whoop!

My application has said you have been placed on the waitlist and are being considered or team ever since I chose both options back in January. Last week my first choice of Mays changed to both of my choices being agribusiness, my second choice major. It switched back to mays being my first choice yesterday and today it changed to my app is complete & is in review but I don’t see 6 tabs anywhere. Does anybody have any insight to this?

@AggieMomhelp @mackenziefitz

My DS was put on waitlist and Blinn Team late January. He received the 6 Tabs on April 7th. From what all have said this means you are in. On April 9th his account went back to 3 tabs and waitlist again. His account yesterday said complete & in review. Today DS received the offer of PSA. This is very upsetting.

For anyone here on out I would tell you that if you receive 6 Tabs don’t get your hopes up that you are in until you receive your admittance letter. This year has proven that the 6 Tabs and you are in is out the window

Does anyone know how the PSA program work and if it’s a good choice?