TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Haha thank you so much for your help and don’t worry about the picture. I’m from Houston and 30 mins close to the community college system so it’s fine. Thank you tho.

Is there any update on Waitlist? Did everyone finally hear back with a decision. Any stats on how may waitlisted, how many converted to full admint, TEAM or PSA? Just curious since it was so very different this year.

Question! So my daughter is taking summer courses this summer at our local community college and hopes to transfer to A&M for Spring ‘21. Her major is English & I wanted to know anyone’s thoughts on her chances of getting in.

The required course is English 1302 - she already has taken 1301 & 1302 from her dual credits and made good grades in those courses

The recommend courses are: An English lit. Class of your choosing (she chose ENGL 2323, one of TAMU’s recommended options), Foreign language I & II (she is taking Spanish I & II), and for extra is also taking Government 2305 - this adds up to 14 hours and then she also has 35 dual credit hours.

She is a very good student with good grades, and expects to make all A’s and maybe a B. Her gpa has already surpassed the required 2.75 and should get even higher with the summer courses and grades. She will also be taking 2 or 3 courses in the fall to stay on track with her degree plan & yes we know that fall grades don’t count towards Spring Admissions!

With all of this being said, does this make her a good candidate for transferring next spring and do y’all think that she will successfully get into A&M as a transfer student for Spring 2021? TIA!

For transfer, they want graded 24 credits. Yes, Dual credit counts, but not sure they will look at her summer work alone as being in school… not sure tho. Has she spoken with department to ask if they will consider her application with summer hours only?

I just now thought to come back here and update. My son went on the waitlist for both full admit and Blinn Team and was offered full admission to College Station. I was thrilled, albeit somewhat surprised after reading this board. He had already accepted admission to Texas Tech, and planned to room with a close friend and had several other good friends going. Frankly, with the delayed acceptance, I did not expect him to change gears. On May 1, he surprised me and accepted at Texas A&M. Whoop!

@agdad90 that’s so exciting. Congrats!

@AgDad90 Congratulations! Great news! What a year this has been for Aggie Applicants.

I am just curious whether the time of the MPE is in central time.

@ash980123 I would assume it’s central time since that’s the time zone A&M is under.

When did you apply: July 17, 2019
Class Rank: 223/784 28.4%
GPA: Unweighted 3.64 Weighted: 4.41
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1360 650 EBRW 710 MATH
ACT (with Sub Scores): N/A
When did you receive your admission decision: May 1st
Decision: Full admission to College of Engineering
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: College of Engineering

Offered Engineering at Blinn-Bryan TEAB on February 20, 2020.

Offered full admission to College of Engineering through phone on April 28, 2020. Official full admission letter received on May 1, 2020.

What does it say in the AIS when your application is rejected? My AIS still says complete and in review

You should get an email but it will also be in Ais under documents. I’m not sure if it will say you’ve been denied I’ve seen PSA and team and full admit decisions but no one has said anything about their status if just denied.

@kreed23
Your daughter will need to take a minimum of 12 hours in fall, whether she is seeking to transfer for boienvironmental Science or English. Fall and Spring are considered full semesters. Summer terms are not.

If you read page two of the transfer course sheet for English, you will find “Additional Transfer Requirements”

• Transfer applicants should have completed a full semester (spring or fall) course load of 12 transferable hours (minimum) after graduating from high
school.

And as you are aware, those 12 hours in fall will not be considered for Spring admissions.

http://admissions.tamu.edu/getattachment/transfer/majors/2020-2021-English-TCS.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

For Bioenvironmental Science, yes, she must have the required chemistry to be considered for transfer, even though A&M students don’t take those classes until sophomore year. If she were to go this direction (per your post in April) she is encouraged to contact an academic advisor in the department.

http://admissions.tamu.edu/getattachment/transfer/majors/2020-2021-Bioenvironmental-Sciences-TCS.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

@kreed23

In your past posts, you have mentioned Bioenvironmental Science, Environmental Studies and English as a major for your daughter and that she is going to go to Blinn.
Have you/she looked into the Program for Transfer Admissions (PTA) to TAMU? A student attends the community college of their choice in a participating major (both of which you have listed) and have guaranteed transfer admission.

http://admissions.tamu.edu/PTA

“Our real question is can she take the recommended course for the environmental studies and then request a change of major after she transfers over to TAMU?”

In regards to getting accepted into one major as a transfer and then transferring into another is not looked upon favorably. Transfer applicants are instructed NOT to accept transfer admission to any major with the expectation of later applying for an on-campus change of major.

If she was allowed to change majors, she would likely be placed in the Universities Studies classification until she satisfied the requirements for BioEnvironmental Science major. She would not be allowed to just “switch majors”. At a less competitive school, that might be possible. Not at A&M.

Can anyone tell me how long it’ll will take for a decision and how you’ll find out if you have been accepted after being denied/deferred for spring grades? Thanks!

@AggieMomhelp can you chance me for the engineering academy at HCC? sat: 1090
math:500 reading: 590
tsi math score: 367
1 AP class (AP CS A)
took both statistics and precalculus in senior year
GPA: 3.196
Took the math placement test and scored into precalculus

I honestly don’t know how competitive the individual academies are. Your test score is extremely low, especially math. Are you sure you want engineering? Many students want engineering but after first year, they realize all the math is overwhelming. What do you want to do after college? Where do you see yourself? There are so many wonderful majors, you should explore them. If engineering/math is your passion, I would suggest you really dive into math readiness courses to build up your foundation. Good luck. I wish you the best. Please let us know how it goes!

I think it’s the easiest out of the four core subjects. My SAT score is very low because I didn’t prepare due to um…a horrible life situation that occured in my junior year…I took two math classes my senior year, and I plan on self studying calculus this summer. I was told that applications were holistically reviewed. If there is any classes I’m worried about it’s the science classes. I did good in chemistry and biology and meh in physics. I promise to let you all know what happens!

I applied for the Engineering Academy at Blinn Brenham and noticed I have 6 tabs in my Howdy portal today- Home, Applicant, My Record, My Finances, Student Life, Research, and My Howdy. Does this typically mean the same outcome as others that get the tabs? Thanks!

@gigem88 Yes indeed. That’s awesome. Congrats. The Brenham location is wonderful. Small town, an hour from main campus in Cstat. All engineering academy students live in same dorm. Great sports there too. Easy to get involved. Good luck and hit that 3.5 and secure your ETAM in the spring.