TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@Flea68 @macarthur CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting! Can you tell us when you applied?

We applied on about 9/15, i think.

I was accepted to Engineering today.

Congratulations to all of you. Wow, thatā€™s early for acceptance to Eng. Congrats!!!

I am curious to know what the stats are for those of you that already have the ACCEPTED status for Engineeringā€¦

My son is National Merit SF. 35 ACT and was top 16% of his class. Gonna have around 12 AP when heā€™s done.

He also has strong music ECā€™s. His class rank suffered a bit due to his work in one of the top HS music programs in the state. They work their butt off. Iā€™m pretty proud of him. During marching season, they work until dark most days and then he would come home and eat, shower and do homework until 1am or later.

Congratulations to the Engineering acceptances! Last year, the first acceptances came out on October 12th so they must be speeding things up this year!

@macarthur Congratulations to your son!

Is there a link that teacher can use to upload the rec letter ?

Isnā€™t it odd that only a couple of people said that they were accepted into engineering? I would have thought it would be a larger group for the first release.

@matthew214 I was wondering the very same thing! Very strange. I wonder if they were testing the system for a big release tomorrow ?
We can all HOPE ??

Housing Question: I have completed the application for housing and submitted my $75 deposit. I see that many on here mentioned receiving a date and a time and a phase as well. I donā€™t have that info? Did I miss a step or can you tell me where to find that information?

@KelliJo After you completed the phase I of your housing application, you should get a message on the screen show : phase I complete and phase II of your application will open on date and time.

@KC5402 I donā€™t recall seeing that message and am not sure how to get back to it now. It seems like that would have been sent to me somehow? Or posted in the housing portal?

Does anybody know when review admits may hear back?

@KelliJo Call the housing dept find out when is your time slot is.

@KelliJo My son received an email titled ā€œTAMU housing phase 1 completeā€. His phase 2 date was in the email. I agree, you should probably call the housing dept.

@Tam1233 She completed her application on 09/08. @Boogie818 her stats are: Rank 39/658 (Top 6%), she scored a 1400 and 1370 on both SATā€™s (710 in Math was her highest math), unweighted GPA of 3.74, Natl Hispanic Scholar, NHS Officer, officer on her dance team, went to Girls State, more EC and Volunteer. She is currently taking AP Calculus, has taken AP Physics and all AP/Pre-Ap classes.

@flea68 good to know. My sonā€™s stats are in a similar range -slightly lower math SAT but slightly higher GPA. Similar EC and volunteer stuff. Hoping to hear something soon!!!

I have completed my application on August 3rd. My stats are : Rank-top 12 percent, SAT-1450(math sub score-720), math 2 sub test-800; 16 AP classes; math &Science class- AP stat, AP cal BC,AP chem, AP physics 1, 2 &C. Weighted GPA : 97.44. EC-2nd DAN in TKD. 4 yrs of varsity orchestra, President and lead cellist in orchestra, won region and state competition in orchestra, 200 hrs volunteer hr, shadow & internship in Engineering companies, member of NHS, Math honor society,Science honor society, English honor society.