TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

My daughter applied on 10/15 and just got her UIN today. We logged into AIS and does anyone know what “HIGH SCHOOL CURRICULUM REQUIREMENT” means on the list of items ?

The other I think I can figure out , but didn’t know what this meant. I assume items will start to get green checks as complete as they work through the system? Thanks.

Colleges require incoming freshmen to have completed a certain curriculum in high school. For example: 4 years of English, 2 years foreign language, 4 years of math, 3 of which must include Algebra I, Algebra II and Geometry, etc…

They are verified via SRAR and/or high school transcripts. Once verified, you’ll get a green check mark.

I believe there are exemptions available for out of state, and/or home schooled or private school kids that had different curriculum requirements.

To all with 6 tabs yesterday and the AIS says My App is complete and under review with General Engineering listed as your major, I think that means you got into the school itself, but they are still reviewing you for engineering. I think this but I may be wrong.

AIS changed today, my son got officially accepted!!!

My son has had all 6 tabs since his acceptance on Sept 19. Since then it has continued to show the following:

You have been admitted to Engineering Review (UNEN). Your NSC Registration will be delayed until the College of Engineering review has been completed. Files completed by October 15th will be reviewed and a decision notification posted here by mid-December. Decisions will post in mid to late January for files completing after October 15. You may apply for on-campus housing immediately by visiting http://reslife.tamu.edu/.

*(sorry tables don’t seem to want to format below)

Admission Type Term Major College Degree Location
Freshman 2020 Fall Engineering Review UN BAC College St

On the App Status page it shows the following:

Choice College Major Degree
1 Undeclared College Engineering Review BAC
2 Engineering Computer Engineering - CECN BS

Should he be worried? His SAT is lower than some on here 1370 with 700 in Math, ranked top 5% of his class, STEM High School with all AP classes, very high grade point average, Varsity basketball player, National Honor Society, STEM Leadership, Volunteer, etc. etc.

Just a worried Dad for his only child :smile:

I’m very confused if somebody can help me out. I was accepted but I’m not sure if I’m still under review for engineering or if I got in. On the AIS it doesn’t say I got into the college of engineering but down below it says major: General Engineering. And it is letting me sign up for NSC… Is this a good sign that I got into engineering?

No… you shouldn’t worry. It’s not something you can control, so there’s no point.

My assumption is that they are currently excepting those with well above average test scores. Students with 1450+ SAT and 33+ ACT are most likely also applying to schools like Stanford, MIT, and Carnegie Mellon, etc… They’ll likely have lots of choices and A&M wants to compete for these candidates, so they are no-brainers for early acceptance. Many of them will likely decline for other options like higher ranked schools, or lower ranked schools offering lots of scholarship dollars.

I’d say that likely means you are accepted to engineering. I don’t think you could sign up for NSC if you weren’t. You should call the admissions office to confirm if you’re unsure.

@cooldude234 Check your Manage Applications tab. should show.

@KC5402 it says I’m under review for engineering… very confusing

@cooldude234 to my knowledge unen is under review. But gen en is accepted into engineering. Hang tight. Yours should change to accepted into engineering soon. Is sign up for nsc with engineering.

When did you apply: 9/23
Class Rank: School doesn’t rank
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1290- 600 eng- 690 math
ACT (with Sub Scores)- 28- 30 in math
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/17/19
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: review
Major/College of Choice: Engineering
There is hope for those with low test scores for engineering!! Just made those essays as good as they can be!! So surprised to get accepted this early as a review admit.

Can someone please explain the difference between NSC and Howdy Camp? And Fish Camp? Someone said only NSC required? Thank you in advance!

Anyone else wondering if something weird is going on with engineering admissions? I’ve been lurking on this thread and looking at years past, where there seemed to be an admissions pattern. My son is still hanging out in review with a 1480 SAT (790 math), academic admit, Commended National Merit, good extracurriculars, applied early and accepted to university in the first admissions rollout…

Maybe I just need to be more patient!

We are in same boat. Auto admit top 5%, commended, 35 ACT, extracurriculars and what not… I have never understood the process. (DD graduated last year). We are just in a holding pattern and hoping he converts from review to gen. engineering soon.

We all need to be patient :slight_smile: It’s coming.
But there goes my “theory” about high testing scores lol…
And yes, it is unconventional this year, at least it’s not boring :0))

Congratulations to you, cooldude and all so far admitted !

Indeed! Thrilled for everyone admitted so far, so exciting!

Agree “We all need to be patient”.

I hope to one day see that “Congratulations” letter in my AIS. I am review admit with 1350 SAT and it doesn’t feel that great knowing that I applied Engineering and Mays. Wish everyone the best of luck!

Nsc: new student conference. Required. This is where you learn lots of stuff in a short amount of time and then register 2nd day(and some take math placement exam “mpe” 2nd day as well. Depends on major for that. Others take mpe online before their nsc.

Fish camp: put on by current Aggies. Time to learn traditions, lose sleep, lose voice, and make make some good friends.

Impact camp: Christian camp that both blinn and tamu students can go to. It’s a great camp as well.

Howdy week or some call welcome week(I think it has changed names). It’s the week before school starts. There are events on campus to get students involved. Free food and socials. This is also Rush week for Greek life.

I think that covers it! Only thing mandatory for every student that goes to tamu(fish or transfer) is NSC.

As for you engineering students/parents. Breathe in breathe out and repeat as necessary. It will all be good based on the stats your posting.