TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Looking for your thoughts on realistic possibility of acceptance for TAMU, Blinn, PSA, or nothing.

When did you apply: July 10
Class Rank: Top 20%
GPA: 4.0 (we are in Georgia and the school does not weight or give extra for AP - but due to dad being Texas Resident - she is considered for Texas Residency.
SAT (with Sub Scores)1290 (after 4th attempt - did meet minimums for math/reading)
ACT (with Sub Scores) - taking next week - but doubtful for a 30.

Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: BA Chemistry (1st), BioChem (2nd) wanting to go into Pharmacy.
Extras: 3AP, Some Gifted classes, Certified Nursing Assistant Certification, 1 year of Band, NHS, Spanish Honor Society, but chose to work instead, currently working for Dermatology Office. Submitted everything ā€œextraā€ that was allowed.

Your thoughts, ideas, suggestions.

@laurawrites awesome. Thank you!

@aggies8688 if it were last year, I would say PSA. The year before, probably full or team. This year itā€™s too early to tell.

Iā€™m going to call the testing center in the morning, but I wanted to know if anyone knows the date for the residual ACT testing at TAMU. Thanks in advance.

@ssajwa1 read #722

Thank you, KC5402.

Any scuttlebutt on whether we might see a batch of acceptances today?

When did you apply: 10/15/19
Class Rank: N/A (Homeschooled OOS)
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1410 - 780 EBRW and 630 Math
ACT (with Sub Scores): 32 - 35E, 26M, 36R, 31S
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/17/19
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Geosciences.

Question regarding letters of recommendationā€¦ For other schools you send a invitation link for the recommender to upload their letter. My son tells me for TAMU he has to acquire the letters from the individuals and upload them himself. Is this correct? That seems weird to me.

@kmacrna Yes, that is correct. It is a bit strange and some do not like to do it that way. If someone doesnā€™t want to give it directly to you then they can mail it. http://admissions.tamu.edu/contact
They say to include the Document ID Sheet with the submission:

FRESHMAN Admissions Processing
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 30014
College Station, TX 77842-3014
Document ID Sheet

Or for overnight:
Required documents and credentials sent via OVERNIGHT MAIL (or presented in person):

Admissions Processing
Texas A&M University
750 Agronomy Road, Suite 1601
0200 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-0200
Document ID Sheet

@AggieDreamin Thank you!!

any advice/words of wisdom on when iā€™ll hear back and my chances?

When did you apply: 10/12/19
Class Rank: N/A (In state, 89 GPA)
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1300
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: 1st choice Business 2nd choice Communications

@m0tionsickn3ss Most review admits donā€™t get their decisions until Jan-Mar. And from what Iā€™ve heard on here, it is very unlikely that a review admit will get into business. If youā€™re SAT/ACT scores were higher, you might have a better chance at Mays. However, communications you might have a shot at.

Iā€™m sure someone else on here thatā€™s more experienced can help you better than I can, though. Especially when it comes to Blinn or other programs.

@laurarwrites damn, march seems super late, i cant imagine waiting 6 months for something like that

thanks!

Hi, does anyone know if SAT subject test scores should show up in AIS portal under ā€œMy test scoresā€ tab. My sons subject test scores are not showing but regular SAT and ACT scores are showing. I called the office and the lady mentioned since subject test scores are not required those scores will not show in portal. Depending on who answered sometimes I get different answers from admissions. So want to make sure if anyone knows here for sure or saw the subject test scores in AIS.

@PP2024 Check credit by Exam under Applicant tab

My son just got a great score about SAT Math 2 Subject Test. He applied on 10/15 for early action. His current application status is ā€˜Incompleteā€™ with the ranking as pending item.

I was wondering if he should send the score. The requirement is that everything must be received by 10/15 so Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s any use to send itā€¦

@KC5402 thank you, i checked but do not see anything there. My son just mentioned he got a reply back as he sent an email to admissions yesterday. They did not say why it is not in AIS, but it seems they mentioned they do have the SAT subject score on his file already.

@Tabitha18 I would recommend sending it ASAP. It does not hurt, if any it will help especially if applied to engineering. My son sent his Math2 subject SAT, 3 weeks back, but took his physics SAT only on Oct 5th. I think the results came on 10/18 and he requested college board to be sent physics score also but did not reach A&M yet.

@PP2024 - Thank you!

Anyone know how quickly the White Creek Apartments fill up? I still havenā€™t gotten my decision and Iā€™m worried I wonā€™t be able to get an apartment there if Iā€™m accepted. Anyone suggest any alternatives for a Poli Sci major just in case?