TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

DS was officially admitted to engineering last week. Praying for everyone still waiting to hear. The wait is hard. This is my second year in a row and it doesn’t get any easier.

When did you apply: 10/4

Class Rank: Top 5% 33/713

SAT (with Sub Scores): n/a

ACT (with Sub Scores): 35 composite

When did you receive your admission decision: 10/28

Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto

Major/College of Choice: Engineering - Computer Science

Boogie818, I think txstella’s son had very high ACT scores, like 35 or something?

My class rank is terrible (3rd quartile), but I was in the most difficult classes. I do have a 34 ACT and a 1450 SAT, plus I’ve taken 12 APs. My HS was super competitive. I’ve been told I will probably be offered Blinn TEAM, but I applied in July and haven’t heard yet.

@slimjim001 Hang in there because you probably won’t hear back til Feb. You do have a shot at Blinn team, but that 3rd quarter is going to hurt. TAMU is competitive so having a competitive HS isn’t going to be a factor for admissions.

@AggieMomhelp for those of us that have been put in Engineering Review conundrum, when should we expect to hear any updates. I have gotten acceptance from another university but A&M is my first choice as long as it is at CS.

@UTexas2024 oooh I wish I knew. We’ve seen some come through already and last year the decisions were still coming out in feb and early March. The longer the wait into January, the likelier an alternative option might be offered. If you’re an academic or auto admit, I would assume you would hear favorable news by Christmas break. Wish I could help! Hang in there.

@aggiemomhelp I hope you are right about the auto/academic admits. We are still waiting too… Stats: 1Q, ACT 30 (30 math, 30 eng, 28 science, 32 reading). Science/math classes all honors or AP. Not feeling too confident.

@fishfamx4 youll get a solid offer. Just make sure y’all look at all the pathways and see if you’re comfortable with it (just in case). I’m always about “what does worst case scenario looks like” kind of person. All options are quite good but of course full admit on cstat campus is most desirable (in general).

Hello, I am currently applying to TAMU for the fall semester but I am looking more into the Blinn transfer route. If I do the PTA program, would it be possible for me to transfer after one year of taking 30 hours? Since the transfer deadline for fall closes in March, they wouldn’t be able to have my final grades for PTA. So is that not an option? Or could I send in my final transcript in May? Thank you for your help.

Pta program will look at your grades after you complete your 30 hours. You don’t “apply” from my understanding. It’s the same for Psa. They don’t apply, if at the end of freshman year they meet requirements, then they start in the fall. The pta contract will state it all for you. Best of luck.

When did you apply: 10/24/2019
Class Rank: 65/467 (14%)
SAT: 1420 (Math: 690, EBRW: 730), 1390 (Math: 710, EBRW: 680)
When did you receive your admission decision: 11/5/2019 (Engineering Review)
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering

Hispanic Female
2020 National Hispanic Scholar
National Honor Society
Mu Alpha Theta
11 AP’s including Calculus BC, Physics 1, Physics C, CSA, and Stats
4 years of Allstar Cheerleading (National and International Awards)
1 year of Varsity Cheer

Hi, I have a question. How do I know if my son is Academic Admit or Review Admit?

As far as I know, there were several conditions that need to be met to get admission as Academic Admit. For example, he/she should be within Q1, SAT more than 1380, should have required coursework in HS and should be applied by Oct 15 (which was the early action deadline for Engineering).

However, my son (international) applied after Oct 15, which means he was going to be “Review Admit” not “Academic Admit”. is it right?

Please let me know if somebody knows.
Luckily, he gets admitted and now it’s in “engineering review”

@Thomasj timing of when you apply has no bearing on your status of applicant type. Top 10% is automatic.

Top quarter with a sat score of 1360 with minimum sub scores of 620 math and 660 English is academic admit.

Only real deadline is Dec 1st. The oct 15 is just early decision for engineering. But every engineering applicant will be review candidate for that major.

Does that help? If not, please know I haven’t had coffee yet lol. Also… go to tamu application/admissions page. They lay it all out there.

I am a current senior in Texas. My stats are below. What are my chances of getting full admission or blinn-bryan engineering academy?
Major: Computer Engineering
Rank 122/1133
ACT: 29(E:28, M:29, R:33, S:27)
EC’s: 4 years of speech and debate, software engineering internship, My alpha theta, National Honor Society, Nehs, Republican club, more than 130 hours of volunteer service.

I applied on 09/29/2019. It says “Your application is complete and in review”

Will I get full admit or blinn Bryan? Chances pls

We (OOS son) recently saw on Howdy the grant of the Maroon Merit award. I’m curious, when do competitive scholarships tend to trickle out? Anyone have any luck in the past in having a Merit Award supplanted by competitive scholarships and the OOS tuition waiver?

Congrats! May I ask where in howdy would this be listed under?

Is he not NMF?

It’s under the financial aid portal. He missed the PSAT cut-off by a bit. I’m guessing the Maroon award was largely based on SAT score.

Maroon scholarship (for OOS students):
Maroon Merit awards vary based upon student academic achievement:
Scroll Right and Left
Minimum SAT or ACT Score Annual Award
1550/34 $5,000
1450/32 $3,500
1400/30 $2,000

Eligibility
You must be an entering freshman at Texas A&M University (College Station) who has not attended another college or university
You must be from a state other than Texas (international students do not qualify for this award)
You must be in the top 25% of your class and meet the SAT/ACT requirements listed in the chart above
You must be enrolled full-time

Seeing these numbers really helps ease the anxiety caused by waiting on engineering review.