TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

My friend opened his Howdy Portal today and received a PSA offer. He is top 25% but 1150 SAT. I am super surprised that he got a PSA offer this early. I thought they don’t start sending those out until end of Feb/March?

@user_482783 and @tamuletmein - When did it change (what time) today? What major did he apply for?

He also had 6 tabs as well @user_482783 He assumed he was not going to get in because of his SAT score but was so excited after reading about the promising 6 tabs. Applied first choice Psychology. I’ll ask him what his second choice was. Not sure what time it updated but he checked yesterday and had the 6 tabs. Checked again in first period around 9 a.m. and had the PSA offer.

I don’t know what time it changed but I think it was either today or yesterday. She applied for psychology. I applied for psychology as my first choice and sociology as my second, but now it’s only listing sociology in my AIS. I got my six tabs yesterday morning but AIS hasn’t updated yet.

@user_482783 are you review? I really hope the 6 tabs means better news for you than our friends :((

Did your friend have a backup school? Is she a bit happy at least of what TAMU offered her?

Congratulations on making it into TAMU!
We are still waiting, still have not seen the magical six tabs yet.

6 tabs means you are accepted. PSA does not show up until around March. We won’t even see Blinn-Team until around middle of February. PSA is the last offer they send out. So I wonder if they read something wrong maybe?

I have a lot of friends who have gotten full offers and they were review and on the edge of being auto/academic-admits. One friend was 27% (2Q) with a 30 ACT. 36 on reading but 24 on math. Applied Psychology in August.

Yeah I’m a review applicant, I’m hoping that since my major got changed in AIS that I got in because I feel like they wouldn’t change my major if they offered me PSA since my friends major didn’t get changed and we both applied for psychology

What were your scores/rank? @user_482783

She showed me her AIS and it said “Congratulations, you have been accepted into PSA”

That’s what my friend’s said as well. He is going to call the Regional Admissions Center and ask about it.

She has a couple back up schools but A&M is her top choice so I think she’s really considering the PSA program

@user_482783 I find that hard to believe - there were no “Congratulations” on my son’s PSA offer that I remember. He received last March. And it’s not an acceptance - PSA is a soft rejection.

@JaceyK Wouldn’t you say a PSA would be a first we have ever seen here and I agree with the congratulations. I think that would warrant a call.

I’m in the first quarter, 1250 SAT and 28 ACT. I also had lots of extracurriculars and lots of leadership roles, was even an assistant choreographer for this years musical.

@Mommmm430 The AIS will say “You’ve Been Offered the Program for System Admission” period. No Congratulations - @user_482783 that sounds fishy - have your friend call because I am almost 99% positive that no PSA offers will be made until ALL offers of admission have been exhausted. Period.

[quote=“JaceyK, post:1977, topic:2059337”]

@Mommmm430 The AIS will say “You’ve Been Offered the Program for System Admission” period. No Congratulations - @user_482783 that sounds fishy - have your friend call because I am almost 99% positive that no PSA offers will be made until ALL offers of admission have been exhausted.

Our personal Howdy and majors are exactly the same as when we started this long process. Technically we personally have not been reviewed yet, and I still think there are a significant number of us out there. So still a lot of admits left, so I can’t see why they would PSA someone at this point and time. We still have a few more weeks for promising answers. Don’t give up. I will tell you we are planning for the worst so we are not taken by surprise and make decisions based on hurt feelings. Our goal is only A&M and we are planning all ways to get in while our mind is clear.

Sorry I am terrible at this!

Our personal Howdy and majors are exactly the same as when we started this long process. Technically we personally have not been reviewed yet, and I still think there are a significant number of us out there. So still a lot of admits left, so I can’t see why they would PSA someone at this point and time. We still have a few more weeks for promising answers. Don’t give up. I will tell you we are planning for the worst so we are not taken by surprise and make decisions based on hurt feelings. Our goal is only A&M and we are planning all ways to get in while our mind is clear.

@Colhopeful728

Students on Blinn-TEAM cannot participate in UIL teams, so your daughter could not be on the Aggie Dance Team. There are male Yell Leaders at TAMU, not female cheerleaders.

But students on Blinn-TEAM CAN participate in every other TAMU campus group.
There is a Dance Arts Group that she can join (I think there is an audition). They usually have one show each semester.

And if she joins a Sorority, there is a huge dance show in the Fall Semester that sororities dance in, each sorority performs with one of the campus men’s groups. This is a stunningly well produced show and is a big fundraiser for the participants.

The Texas A&M Cheer Squad is a female only competitive cheer team. They are not part of the athletic department. But this is a great group for girls who cheer.

After completing Blinn-TEAM, your daughter should be eligible to try out for the Aggie Dance Team.

Check out all of these options. See what the process is to audition/try out, etc. There are a lot of ways to be involved in almost any extra curricular activity. It is great for students to find a group where they can keep active and participate in an activity that they love, and this also helps them to find their people, TAMU is huge!

Good luck and keep us posted. :smile: