TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Ais should update in a day or two. And banner in a week or two.

1 Like

Financial aid portal is up.

3 Likes

My daughter is so hung up on Team Blinn not being admittance…do you know if AIS will say " you’ve been admitted"

1 Like

Just checked financial aid portal. My son didn’t get any scholarships, only loans. Looks like he will probably choose UT Dallas since he received scholarship there. I’m glad we can finally make some decisions!

5 Likes

Yup, I’ve never been happier to accept an ‘I-told-you-so’! Thank you so much for talking me off the edge on more than one occasion!

4 Likes

It’s called paying it back. I’ve been there too. Happy to help!!!

7 Likes

EEek, I think so. If anyone can shed some insight on this question.

It may sting at first, but that’s only because she doesn’t know what a great offer/plan this is. She’ll figure it out. Sign up for housing soon!!! Like today if it’s open. Maybe that’ll let her see that she’s doing what every other Aggie is doing.

4 Likes

does anyone know how common merit scholarships are at a&m and what the average amounts are?

Similar for us. My son got $1,500/yr in scholarship and the loan amounts total more than my annual salary. He really wanted to go, but with scholarship packages from other schools I can’t justify the difference in cost.

1 Like

That’s my understanding too. My older daughter went through Blinn Team so I know alot about it. She fully transitioned to Psychology major after just one year with no problems. Big fans of the Blinn Team program. However, Mays business is definitely much higher requirements. We’ll talk to an advisor to be sure of everything as well, great advice!

1 Like

Initially, I was pretty clueless about how anything less than full admit was viewed and really didn’t know how to feel about a possible Gateway/Blinn/PSA offer. After looking into it a bit more (and with insight from the board), I came to the conclusion that Blinn is FANTASTIC! She’ll be an Aggie in every way (for her, the biggest thing is being able to join the Corps). She’ll take a few classes at Blinn, with the lower price tag to go with it! Being OOS, that is a MAJOR plus! Not to mention that it seems that there’s overlap between A&M and Blinn with regard to the professors, and the quality of the education at Blinn in on par with being full-time A&M campus.

AtxAg95 and AggieMomhelp have posted quite a bit about the benefits of the TEAM program, and from what I’ve been able to research, their insights seem spot-on.

4 Likes

I just got off the phone with financial aid and was told not all scholarships have been awarded yet and posted to the financial aid portal.

4 Likes

I only got 2k/year. Is that normal for TAMU? Other schools give way more with less base tuition costs.

Curious - does anyone know - do NMF awards qualify for OOS tuition waivers?

Maybe there should be another thread talking about financial aid and keep this one talking about admissions?

3 Likes

@emi788 don’t count on any merit scholarships, unless National Merit/Semi/Commended. If you happen to receive one, it’ll be a sweet surprise.

1 Like

@amsunshine OOS must receive $4k a year-A&M scholarships- to qualify for in-state tuition. It’s pretty tough to get that.

1 Like

Thanks. I just read on one of the TAMU webpages that the NMF $7000 scholarship is one of the eligible scholarships for the OOS waiver.

eta: it was kind of buried on this page: Scholarships - National Scholars (tamu.edu)

1 Like

I would think so! My D had stats similar to yours, and she just got the 6 tabs. Hang in there. There’s still acceptances to come!

2 Likes

@amsunshine that’s awesome :bangbang:

1 Like