TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Where do we find information about regional advisor? Sorry not aware

Yes this is the first year with no academic admits. And to do this with test optional… eek

I think it adds to the review process, not shortens it. Each app is reviewed a minimum of two times. One person doesn’t review the whole app. It’s broken out and ranked by piece and put into a “graph” If you will.

And the only early decision is for engineering.

1 Like

My son met everything for Academic Admit in the previous year including class rank and SAT but he just got admitted the TEAB Engineering last week. A little bit of a disappointment for him because he was told they would try to admit everyone that was Academic Admit even it was removed this year. He applied in early August!!!

2 Likes

go to the admissions page on the website they have all the regional admissions offices and contact info listed

2 Likes

Thank you @Momof3B

1 Like

Ok, I decided to “shoot my shot” lol and called our regional DFW advisor. He acknowledged that decisions are taking much longer than they anticipated and wanted due to Covid and bad weather but that there are still full admission decision that will be given as well as Blinn Team admits to release. He said that he has not received any communication that indicates Econ is full and that if an applicant is admitted and Mays is full (which it is) then expect to get Econ if it’s your second choice.

He was very nice and understood the frustration and advised to only check AIS once a week from now until the end of March lol. He also said not seeing any change on AIS from when app was submitted is normal at this point.

So basically, be patient and wait it out.

9 Likes

@Momof3B thank you so much for a positive update.

2 Likes

I know it’s hard. I mean, I’m right there with you. I think I’m worrying about this way more than the kid is at this point. I keep telling myself that if her app is still in review, that means that there is hope.

You’re not alone. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the positive update! We are right there with you all that are still waiting!

1 Like

Just a reminder that College Station shut down this week because of the Snowpocalypse. People across town (and the state) lost power and running water for days. Some are still on a boil water notice. So whatever admission delays were already in place due to covid likely got pushed back farther while we’re in survival mode. Stay safe, everyone!

1 Like

Hey! I applied to A&M in November and it’s now almost March and I still haven’t head back from them. I’m out of state so I’m not sure if that had anything to do with it. Should I call the admissions office and ask?

Many on this board have spoken with different advisors and staff at TAMU and they’ve all indicated that there will be more acceptances coming. From what I’ve seen, many folks who applied in November are in the same boat you are in…but it never hurts to call :slight_smile:

@kwhdman Please correct me if I am wrong on this, but the etam gpa is the total or cumulative gpa. Typically, students apply for etam during their second semester when they are in the process of completing the required classes, but decisions are not made until the second semester grades are in.

So, if one takes 25 credits and receives a B in a 4 credit class and the rest As, their resulting gpa would be 3.84.

Or, for one taking 25 credits, they could only get Bs in 6 of those credits to stay above 3.75.

Now I am wondering (did I read this a couple of years ago?) that etam looks at both the cumulative gpa and the science/math/eng classes gpa and both must be over a certain number, but I dont see that on the website at this time.

from tamu site, of course gpa is 3.75 not 3.5…
“If you maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 after completing required courses for entry to a major, you’re guaranteed a spot in your first-choice major.”

@Eggscapgoats - Yes, you are correct. I was calculating it per semester, not cumulative. My oversight. Thank you for the clarification. That gives a little more tolerance for the grades, and might make my son a little more comfortable with the requirement. : )

1 Like

Question Regarding the Engineering Honors (EH) Program. My son received an e-mail from the school reminding him that he still has a chance to apply for the EH program. The application is closed on March 1.

We were aware of the program, but never considered about applying for it. One major concern was that, we thought that could put a lot of stress on my son for additional challenging course requirement to him.
The raised bar of Auto-admit 3.75 has already made us nervous, we do not want any more on him.

Can anyone help to explain the Pros and Cons of being on the EH program? What benefits do we get (we know one benefit is you can chose to on ECOS for the Engineering Village? What price do you have to pay, by taking some challenging classes?

I understand this question seems to be too rudimentary for most people, but bear with me. We the parents got our college education from foreign countries, and we only have one kid. :grinning:

1 Like

My daughter was a review admit and did this waiting game in 2019. A&M was her second choice and she had already committed to another school. On March 2nd she got a PSA offer. If I recall correctly that was when many others in her boat got their notifications. I suspect that may be a tiny bit delayed this year but I predict week one of March will bring many answers. My sons stats were similar, very different majors, he heard back in October. This year seems to be different with all the review admits…

1 Like

@utoram2020 my student is Business Honors. Biggest pros to college/major Honors programs are:
Early Registration! Huge‼️
I can’t say for certain, since I don’t have an Engineering kid, but HNR classes are usually smaller, many times the better professors.

Only University Honors (UH) requires living in their dorm, which is another big perk.

Highly suggest your son apply. He can always decline if he gets accepted.
Read the Engineering website for more details about the program. No harm in applying.

I think you meant your reply to go to @Scarmel I was just answering his question :slight_smile:

Just wanted to help you guys since this thread has helped me a lot!

Here are my stats:

• High school GPA: Unweighted 3.56
  • SAT: 1350 submitted
  • Major: 1st choice Public Health (which I got) and 2nd choice was Biomedical Sciences
  • Extracurriculars: Earned the Girl Scout Gold Award (highest award for Girl Scouts), leader of 3 clubs, lots of volunteering

I truly think my essay is what had gotten me in. My essay was well written and based on a unique topic, which was my Girl Scout Gold Award Project. It tied in personal experiences as well as leadership.

Hi there, when did you apply and when did you get admitted?