TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@Eggscapgoats no, Mays doesn’t require an additional essay.

1 Like

@Eggscapgoats So the more I’m stewing over this, the more this is what seems most realistic.

First, after four kids you would think I’d be alert to red flags…missed this one.
Second, parents don’t necessarily have access to a kids AIS and makes it much more possible the parent is just reaffirming what the kid is saying, not confirming for themselves.
Third, a kid that gets his second option might feel lesser-than when around his friends, if so, then possibly a story is created.

My hope is that the kid is truly accepted in Mays regardless of how it happened.

2 Likes

Wow. My daughter is almost identical (1st quarter) and still waiting to hear from LA. She would consider PSA as she really likes the creative writing track at A&M. Her 2nd choice is Texas Tech. We visited at the beginning of the meal nth and she had emailed the English department and they let her sit in on a Creative Writing class. Think that really helped her to feel comfortable with it as a 2nd option.

@MackAg i think you may be on to something. There is almost no way a kid that was 20% and got admitted to A&M in December or January, would be ‘next in line’ for Mays-should there be a vacancy.
It is a crazy admissions year, no doubt, but what the parent is saying and what both Admissions and Mays told you (and have listed on their website) just doesn’t add up.
I hope it works out for the kid!

Love that idea!! Thanks for sharing it
:smiley:

Absolutely no reason to make that up! Even though I don’t know them, excited for your friends!

Very similar to my daughter. 3.62 GPA. Second Quarter. Applied Sept 24th to Liberal Arts Communication. Steady summer job, writes for the school paper, 4 years lacrosse, lacrosse officer. She was also Capped at UT and accepted to Tech. She was invited to the virtual SEAL conference over the summer and attended. She does not need to be recruited, she’d LOVE to go! We’d be happy with Blinn Team as well. No movement on her portal. Still has 3 tabs, still has change Major button in two places. Continue to hope for good news, good luck to your daughter as well!

@Mackag No worries about muddying the waters. Honestly, last year when people who are given Blinn Team and then offered full admit later we were all skeptical, but it was accurate. So while it has not been heard of through this forum, who knows if they are trying something different. I’m more skeptic the more I think through the process, but that’s on me, not them! = )

@atxag95 Great idea! any kind of movement forward towards freshman year, is positive. I’m always a worst case scenario person, so if I can take steps regardless of outcome… I’m steppin. Hang in there.

@Tuppence22 While PSA is a pathway, have you thought about her going ahead with Tech freshman year and then deciding if she wants to transfer after that? Tech is a great option and higher “ranked” than the PSA schools. If she does well, she’ll have no trouble transferring if that’s what she chooses. Or she falls in love with Tech and finds her way there. Win Win.

1 Like

She is also looking at the Tech option.

PSA at Commerce and Stephenville would be close by…we r in Dallas. We r trying to understand pro/con of transferring versus guaranteed PSA. (Hopefully she will still get direct entry.). Any thoughts from anyone would be helpful.

Similar story here (the catholic school part). 3.81GPA 1Q plus all the bells and whistles. Did your daughter submit test scores? I’m thinking this is why we are at the bottom of the pile.

Same stats here applied October 30, 3.6gpa 30act sports, job, volunteer, 2Q Liberal Arts
No movement since October

No she did not. She studied and prepared for the ACT (she did much better with this over the SAT)…it was cancelled on her 4 times…she gave up and did not submit test scores. I truly think this is why it’s taken so long. So much for it won’t hurt you if you don’t submit…it sure as heck hasn’t helped in my belief. Hind site being 20/20, we should have traveled to find a site in a different city to take it.

3 Likes

I’ve given up. :slight_smile: I don’t check this site as often. Don’t check Howdy as often. It’s just the same old portal view… no movement. And now we have waitlists and deferrals to hear back from too. It’s no longer a fun process. This year is nothing like year’s past.

8 Likes

You’re in the same boat as many many people, don’t stress. They are being slower than usual due to covid and this storm slowed them down quite a bit. All you can do is wait

I have told myself decisions mid to late March for the colleges I haven’t heard from and that gives me some relief. Hang in there all. It’s a marathon not a sprint :slight_smile: :wink:

1 Like

Also my friend was excepted today after nothing since October, don’t know anymore details haven’t spoken to her directly yet

1 Like

I agree…UT and TAMU have the most archaic systems (in my opinion). I guess when you get 10’s of thousands too many, you can do what you want. Waiting SIX MONTHS for a decision when others have heard as soon as 3 weeks from submission feels like cruel and unusual punishment. I know it can all be logically explained and I get it in a sense, but certainly, I would think for future candidates, they could come up with a better system…other colleges sure have.

I’m sitting here just envious of those who got waitlisted or given a choice back in January. It has literally been crickets since we submitted on Sept. 5th.

4 Likes

Hang on here. My daughter DID submit her SAT scores and still hasn’t gotten in.

The holistic admission process is supposed to help situation like my kiddos, who may not be in the top 10 percent, but do have lots of extracurriculars and leadership qualities.

Is it going to help her? I have no clue. I honestly think that with 55,000 applicants out there, they are trying to do their best to ensure that they get the best kids a shot.

That’s just me, though.

4 Likes

Question. if the major has changed to Blinn Team does that mean he got into Blinn Team?

4 Likes

Sorry don’t mean to lol but yes silly. Congrats. Blinn team it is! When did you notice this?