TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

For those of you who got the Waitlist/Blinn Team consideration/Both option in mid-January and were told they would find out in March or April… they must be ahead of schedule! My kid chose the “both” option on January 19th and got six tabs today, Blinn team. We’re so excited, and relieved that the decision was made earlier than anticipated. Good luck to those who are in this position! Things are picking up steam in the admissions office!

8 Likes

What major?

Congrats to everyone who got good news this morning!! Still in Review for us…no changes :crazy_face:

6 Likes

haha…still nothing for us, either. We will get through this.

4 Likes

Not sure yet, but first choice is Communications (Liberal Arts) and second choice is Human Resource Development. (Education and Human Development)

Thanks. We are waiting on business/economics…

1 Like

same here!

I called housing today bc we keep getting error and they said to wait a few days

You’ve been accepted into the Engineering program with the first year being at the McAllen location. You’ll apply through ETAM in the Spring of freshman year and transfer to cstat for sophomore year (hopefuly in your first choice major).

2 Likes

Housing should be open now. But NSC opens after AIS updates (I believe). There will be a checklist and hyperlink to the registration.

Hey everyone, I just checked my portal again and realized I submitted my tests score and was under the impression this whole time that I did not. My score was not up to par with normal test scores they accept that’s why mentally I chose not to send it, will this hurt my chances of getting in?

Same

I’m asking for a friend that got the option today to pick first choice of Blinn, Galveston and McAllen engineering. It’s not an acceptance but an offer of consideration to these schools. Does anyone know if each school is filled on a first come first serve basis? My friend wants to evaluate the pros and cons of each school before making a decision but wondering if she should decide sooner than later. It says April 1 is deadline to choose.

hmm we keep getting error for housing. Anyone else having same issue

at the A&M meetings they said scores should not hurt an applicant. That they would look at it twice once with score and once without

2 Likes

Congrats!!!

I’ve really been thinking about how best to answer your question because I don’t see either as being the “smarter” choice. They are different. The smart choice would be to place your child in a position to succeed and only you know your child.

Every other consideration would depend on if your child desperately wishes to be an Aggie, or desperately wishes to be a Cougar? Does your child want to live in College Station or Houston? Is there a cost of living factor for your family? These types of questions might help narrow down the choice.

In the end, the goal is to earn a degree in CS. There are many paths to achieve this goal.

Hello everyone, I think I got gateway but I’m not sure. Also, do gateway students get a banner?

Still nothing for us :’(
Liberal Arts (Political Science 1st, English 2nd). Applied mid-October

1 Like

My daughter just got Blinn Team this morning

Applied: Mid October; got option for Waitlist, Blinn Team or both in January- chose both
Major: Kinesiology
SAT: 1300
Class rank: 360/1380 (26%)
GPA: 4.05 weighted
6 AP; 3 dual credit
Good amount EC, sports, volunteer hours

This forum has been so helpful over the past several months. Good luck to all of those still waiting!

8 Likes

Same!