TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

No. You cannot. If you do engineering at Galveston you have to go through ETaM. The earliest is fall soph year.

Congrats. My Son also got into it. Just checked the portal.

Me too! Remember after you click “open letter” and click “Mark complete”, you still have to click the green “Submit” button.

Congrats. My Son also got into it. Nothing was there till 4:30 pm…just checked and the offer letter is there

Now the toughest part…decision making…Biomedical Major…TAMU EH or UT Austin or UTD (Full Tuition), acceptances from all 3…

2 Likes

Thank you!

Yes, we are in the same boat. But not with UT. She got accepted into UF today and she may get a full ride there with her NMF status. She got into UMN, and she got good scholarship which will be almost full tuition if national merit is combined and she is waiting on a couple of RD reach schools. The thing with other colleges is that there is no process like ETAM. But I think this is a good problem to have. I feel blessed!

3 Likes

Agree 100%. Good problem to have and truly feel blessed. Pros and Cons of each and it’s very difficult to decide.

1 Like

@Momof0ne @akkiadi Same boat here. We have some in pocket already and others that don’t announce until as late as April 6. We are very blessed and very thankful as each of you.

1 Like

If you’re doing blinn team it’s a two year program to be guaranteed admission into full Tamu. Not all majors participate in guarantee aspect of it for major.

Can you transfer after 2 semesters? You can apply as soon as you complete the requirements for straight transfer into a major. No guarantees.

If you finish your Team agreement early, you can petition to transfer early under the guarantee team pathway. Most however just go straight transfer and get it.

Biggest course requirements are typically math 140 or equivalent and English 104. If you are science ish major, you’ll need a 4 credit science completed. But check out your degree transfer requirements. Once you complete 24 graded credits (dual counts) and the required Major courses, then you can apply straight up. If you apply in spring for fall, they may defer you for spring grades.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

We are on TEAM right now. I’ll just add that it is a change of major request…not a transfer. My daughter has been approved to apply. She is completing her second semester. At the beginning of semester 1, students where asked for their intended major. As long as that is approved and they meet requirements then they can change majors from general to the specific major. About 25% of students moved over early last year.

Thanks for the thorough explanation!! Will my AP credits transfer towards Blinn team for engineering or will they require me to redo some of them. My friend just transferred fully to TAMU in 3 semesters, I believe he took a summer class too.

1 Like

I am biased because I am a UF alum, but a full ride at UF is amazing! Congrats to her!

They moved from team to full time cstat? If you have enough credit and complete the requirements then yes, they petition to transition to full time cstat.

my transfer comment is if you haven’t completed the team requirements for your major. It is definitely a straight transfer at that point. No guarantees.

1 Like

AP credit doesn’t count towards graded credit but yes you can accept them once you’re at Tamu. Speak with advisor on when it benefits you the most to accept them or not.

Is this just regular maintenance on the howdy portal or should something happen after 430??

@redjellybean03 that’s my question as well. A little hope I would say.

For engineering is Blinn 2 years or 1 year?

One year. Most engineering students go through ETaM spring semester freshman year. There are requirements but that’s the goal.

1 Like

does accepting eng hon means you are also accepting TAMU admission offer ? my D21 applied for eng hon last Thursday and got acceptance email at 12:50 AM last night ! took just 2 days !

she is still waiting for few other decision hence asking if accepting hon would automatically mean accepting TAMU which we are still not ready to do.