TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@Eggscapgoats Wow, Wow, Wow! Love this link! So if I’m reading correctly, over 42,000 applied to College Station campus last year? That’s true, incoming freshman. Will be super interesting to see how many apply this year.
I’m on my phone now, but can’t wait to pull this up on my laptop. So interesting!
Big jump between 2018 & 2019!

1 Like

Yeah. That number and link has been posted multiple times :smiley:

This year, it was 55,000 applicants. Also, we need to keep in mind that kids who were top 10 percent last year took a gap year this year in the hopes of being on campus this coming year.

3 Likes

Yes, I feel like a broken record (and am dating myself)!

@AtxAg95 will be interesting to see how many did apply this year; I know we’ve seen the 55k rumor, and I don’t doubt it. Wonder how many kids from Class of ‘20 did actually take a true Gap Year, not attending college anywhere? If they did take even 1 or 2 community college classes, then they’ll have to apply as transfers, correct?

2 Likes

Yes, 42000! Not sure if this includes apps that were started, paid for, but not completed.

1 Like

Letters of Recommendation

I will say take the 55k number with a grain of salt. The past 3 years that number is stated at 50 k plus but then when the real numbers come… they toss incomplete apps out the window and this number drops significantly. I’m not saying it’s not higher this cycle, just saying I’ve seen this convo time and time again.

2 Likes

So if 55,000 apps is accurate, it jumped from around 42,000 to 55,000 in one year! That would be almost a 25% increase! I guess this would be in line with the increase seen at other competitive schools. I can’t wait to see how many completed applications they received this year.

3 Likes

@CollegeYaYa I will be floored if it is truly 55k…but I guess crazier things have happened?

1 Like

Here’s the crazy thing, schools are reporting 15% to 35% increases in applications this cycle. Rice is 26% increase. Coivd, test optional, gap year kids, who knows.

3 Likes

Crazy year to be applying for sure. Colgate University takes the cake though - 102% increase in applications this year!

1 Like

Fascinating stats. I wonder how they would handle a larger applicant pool accepting. Seems like it’s been pretty consistent around 50%

1 Like

@MackAg @AggieMomhelp & @CollegeYaYa this post literally just popped up on my FB thread. Wow, it really IS a crazy admissions year!!
Wendy is a well known College Admissions guru in Houston (former high school counselor).

5 Likes

I just added this discussion. Hopefully I did it right and others that r thinking about the PTA option will find it!

Just started this.

1 Like

Will the admissions department be working next week since spring break was canceled for students?

University is open so I’m assuming admissions will continue to bust their butts to get decisions out.

2 Likes

@AggieMomhelp Have you heard anyone who has received a rejection letter with no offers like blinn or pta?

No one on here has said they’ve been denied. FYI pta isn’t a decision or offer. You maybe mean psa.

Blinn team is an offer, but blinn as a straight junior college is not. You’ll have to apply separately.

I called tamu yesterday (from the parking lot at Tech🤫) to inquire if maybe someone could look at my daughters application to just double check everything’s ok since we’ve had zero movement and still have change major button. Of course he didn’t want to check or maybe doesn’t have the capability but just gave me the rundown they will have all decisions out by the end of March. Anyone else here in same boat with 3 tabs and change major button?

1 Like