TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I wish I knew the person I talked to a couple of years ago. It wasn’t a student but an actual adult. They were amazing. Maybe ask to speak with a grown up lol

3 Likes

Right?! Lol I’ve called 6 times total and only ever reach a student in the call center. Even when she had a virtual appointment back in December he was a student…knowledgeable, but still. Makes me wonder if anyone ever talks to actual staff within the admissions dept. kinda frustrating. Gotta give it to Tech, they’re always very nice and even calls us back!

2 Likes

One of my daughters was in Soil Science at A&M several years ago. We had, and still have after graduating, access to everybody in that department. It was wonderful! There were two kids during her NSC when registering for class. I got to sit with her the entire time. Now ask me about my engineering kids, YIKES!!

2 Likes

Still hanging in there on waitlist, 3 tabs and change of major button :slight_smile:

Same boat here!

Same here. No movement for awhile. I really think my daughter is deciding this may not be the place for her. We have heard from every other school except A&M.

1 Like

My daughter also. We visited tech yesterday and she loved it. We had great encounters with student advisors, one took her around and introduced her to the student body President and to visit the dorm. I’m not understanding the bad rap they get, or maybe it’s coming from Tamu students :joy: good ol rilvary I guess!

1 Like

Applied to 14 universities… got CAP at UT and 12 full admissions (Texas tech, Baylor, TCU, Texas State etc …) the only one he’s missing is TAMU which is his first choice :sob::sob::sob:. Applied October, no movement at all!!! :triumph::triumph::triumph::weary::weary::weary:

3 Likes

Has he received scholarships at any of those?

wave of acceptances today btw

@redjellybean03 Tech is a Great school! Outstanding Business and Engineering schools, Nursing & Med Schools, too.
Big 12 sports, lovely spread out campus. I think the distance bothers some, but West Texas is the best! Tech is a hidden jewel. Everyone that goes there LOVES it!

4 Likes

@rohang10 what kind of acceptances?

2 Likes

All private universities gave him good amounts. Very few scholarships from public.

1 Like

full acceptances

@rohang10 wow! Any idea what majors?

1 Like

unfortunately I’m not sure. But I’m pretty sure that tamu accepts people and then admits them to a major

Yes! I’m in the same boat!

Our stories sound very similar. Applied to 13, accepted to 12 (with 10 scholarships) but still no A&M :worried:. We put a deposit down at his other favorite, TCU, and he’s looking forward to visiting there this weekend.

1 Like

“Fascinating stats. I wonder how they would handle a larger applicant pool accepting. Seems like it’s been pretty consistent around 50%”

I’m thinking they would be in big trouble if more freshman accepted than was accepted. It seems like they are trying to control freshman enrollment, while giving tons of options to transfer in later as a sophomore or junior.

Perhaps they look at the historical statistics of what % of the admittances given typically led to enrollment. IMO, they have a target enrollment and work backwards to give out just the right amount of admittances to get to that target enrollment. They definitely have all the previous years statistics to consider.

Perhaps this year and last year, compared to other years, more top 10% stayed in texas vs going out of state due to economic reasons. Similarly, maybe some are choosing the less expensive option of living at home and going to community college.

2 Likes

Have you tried reaching out to your daughter’s admissions counselor at TAMU via email? Ours has been super helpful and responds every time!