TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Hang in there! My daughter got full last mid April after being waitlisted same as you. They released a lot of PSA’s and then went to waitlist after.

5 Likes

Would you please share your stats?

No ACT/SAT and 3.85. School is non-ranking.

1 Like

Finally got an answer… and it is PSA. I am ok with that. So now I know I will be heading to TAMUG which means I am an aggie regardless and honestly, I couldn’t be more relieved to know where I am headed! Thanks for all of the help everyone on this forum has given me, it has been a long journey. Also if anyone knows if there is any app or social media link to help me make friends with other people going to this school before I actually go, that would be nice. :smile:

7 Likes

I heard someone on here say to get in contact with an admissions counselor if we haven’t heard anything yet, so should I contact my regional adviser or admissions specifically?
I’m a nutrition major still waiting, great essay & stats but did apply later in the game.

How do you find your admissions advisor??

Hello! I was looking at the Blinn engineering requirements and I am a little confused. Am I guaranteed full admission(meaning no courses will be taken at Blinn) after I complete ETAM or are there other requirements, and if so where can I find them?

Once you complete your freshman requirements and go through ETaM, you transition 100% to Tamu main campus for classes beginning your sophomore year.

2 Likes

PSA officially showed up this morning. Just curious, is it eventually supposed to show which campuses are available as an option? Even though my son has committed to another school realizing a while back he would not get full admit at A&M he said “I’m not going to lie, it still hurts.”
Stats: 3.81 GPA weighted, 1st quartile, school does not rank, no SAT/ACT (canceled 4 times), NHS, student counsel delegate, 50+ hours volunteer, sports medicine 4 years leadership, lettered in 2 activities, theatre, employed as clerk at law firm 2 summers, etc.
Accepted to every university except A&M with a total of $463,000 scholarships offered.

3 Likes

He is going to do phenomenal wherever he lands…what an accomplished young man!

3 Likes

thank you!

Thank you so much for saying that. Best of luck to you and all of your wonderful boys!

1 Like

Holy nuggets. I didn’t realize he got so much scholarship money!!! Go where the money is. Not sure why he got overlooked by TAMU but he doesn’t need TAMU. Where did he decide to go?

2 Likes

Thank for your kind words. It’s been an emotional few days! He has committed to TCU with a hefty scholarship. Although he always pictured himself at A&M, he’s very excited about the choice he has made.

5 Likes

Is that scholarship money or is financial aid included in that sum?

1 Like

100% scholarships, no financial aid.

2 Likes

For what it is worth, I can confirm these amounts are possible from scholarships alone. Especially if you are a Texan applying to Oklahoma, Arkansas, New Mexico, and Louisiana colleges. Heck, Baylor and TCU alone will throw almost $100k each at you for your signature. Definitely something to consider!

3 Likes

They also applied to 13 schools. I can’t imagine paying all those app fees!

4 Likes

I get that, especially to private schools which is something we didn’t do. :grin:

2 Likes

Yes, most of the larger ones came from private schools, but a few from public as well.